Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week October 13 - 18. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Future Group has signed a deal with which MNC to jointly sell goods over the Internet?
2. Which Indian company has formally launched an internal constitution to define processes and policies for the first time in its 38-year-old history?
3. Which Hong Kong-based consumer electronics company has acquired Connovate Technologies, the maker of multifunctional piece Gecko, for an undisclosed amount?
4. Which online payment solution provider has acquired mobile-based payment application startup Eashmart?
5. Which company has launched its commercial vehicle service business, Super AutoMart, an outlet to carry out high-tech auto component service and repair?
6. Prataap Snacks, makers of Yellow Diamond Rings, has signed a licensing deal with Viacom18 Consumer Products to use which characters?
7. Which brand has launched a new television commercial with the positioning ‘lamho ka tohfa apnon ke liye’?
8. Which Chinese handset maker is set to officially enter India this December through an ecommerce partner?
9. Which company has entered into an agreement to buy 100% of Imira Entertainment, Spain's leading production and distribution company specialised in youth programming?
10. India has banned import of which category of cosmetics?
11. National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) has entered into a MoU with which MNC to jointly conduct courses and online examinations on digital literacy?
12. Which MNC has roped in Palash Sen, lead singer of the band Euphoria, to compose an anthem with active participation of its employees who will sing it live?
13. Which company has acquired UK-based mobile messaging firm TextLocal?
14. Which Italian heating and air-conditioning products company has entered the Indian market with electric water heaters?
15. Which celebrity has signed on as the brand ambassador for fashion e-tailer Yepme, in what will be his maiden association with an online commerce player?
16. Which leading global energy company has launched a global corporate advertising campaign ‘Committed to Better Energy’?
17. Roward Atkinson, the lovable Mr. Bean, is playing a failed Kung Fu warrior in the new campaign for which brand?
18. Tangalooma Island Resort near Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, which is a popular destination in India, has appointed which former Aussie test cricketer as its brand ambassador for India?
19. Which MNC last week said it would exit consumer banking in 11 markets?
20. Which airline has signed an agreement with Airbus for 250 A320neos - the plane maker's single biggest order for such aircraft?
21. Which South Korean beauty brand has got the nod to start single brand retail operations in India?
22. Which travel portal has launched its first ever television campaign, featuring 3 ads - ‘Pet friendly hotels', ‘Landed the right place at the wrong time’ and ‘Made a discovery?’?
23. Who has been conferred the Best Central Bank Governor award for 2014 by Euromoney magazine?
24. Sandeep Mathur has resigned as the managing director of the Indian operations of which IT major?
25. Which company will start manufacturing the Optare range of electric buses in India sometime next year?
26. Which travel portal has launched a new campaign 'Ehsan mat lo, discount lo' to promote its hotel booking business?
27. Google Inc has unveiled its new version of Android software. What has it been dubbed as?
28. Which taxi-on-call services has re-branded itself with a new logo and tagline 'Driven. For You'?
29. Which structure has clinched its newest Guinness World Records title for being the highest man-made vantage point on earth?
30. Who has been appointed as India's new chief economic advisor?
31. Which well known brand’s mascot will appear as a character in the new series about the adventures of `Chhota Bheem' and his gang on Pogo channel?
32. Which company has acquired majority stake in footwear firm Elisir Lifestyle for an undisclosed sum?
33. The founder and managing director of which restaurant chain has launched an e-commerce venture, called dreamcanteen, to deliver gourmet food and ingredients in Delhi-NCR?
34. Flipkart has tied up with Dubai-based Jumbo Electronics to launch its smartphone, YotaPhone, in India. What is its claim to fame?
35. Tata Consultancy Services has approved the merger of which subsidiary with itself, subject to regulatory and shareholder approvals?
36. Which company has agreed to acquire Civolution's NexTracker (audience measurement) and SyncNow (second screen audio watermarking) businesses?
37. Lindsay Pattison is the new global chief executive officer of which media agency?
38. Hilton Worldwide has launched a new hotel brand that will offer simple, guest-directed service and local choices. Name the brand?
39. Which company has created the most complicated wristwatch in history for $2.5 million?
40. Discovery Kids has launched its biggest India series for the year. Name it?
41. Which news channel is repositioning itself with a new look and tagline ‘Hausla Hai’?
42. Which denim brand for women has launched a new campaign ‘Butt Out’?
43. Sudhakar Balakrishnan has quit as managing director and chief executive of which staffing company after heading it for seven years?
44. Bharti Airtel has launched a calling application in a bid to tap the estimated $1 billion international calling card market into India. What has it been branded as?
45. Instant messaging application LINE has crossed which user milestone in India?
46. Which Italian superbike brand has entered into a technical partnership with Pune-based DSK Motowheels for India foray?
47. Which MNC is marketing West Bengal’s Jungpana tea to global consumers under the recently created global marketing brand Special.T?
48. Vikram Gulati has quit as the CEO and managing director of which IT company?
49. British villains Sir Ben Kingsley, Mark Strong and Tom Hiddleston star in the television commercial (currently on air in India) for which well known automobile brand?
50. Which apparel brand is celebrating “125 years of denim craftsmanship”?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 551 as the subject.