Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 29 - October 04. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has appointed Mayank Pareek, Maruti Suzuki's chief operating officer, as its head of passenger cars business?
2. Which online marketplace has entered into an air cargo alliance with Patel Integrated Logistics as part of ensuring next-day delivery to more customers across the country?
3. Tata Sky has roped in which celebrity to endorse it in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana?
4. Which media company’s consumer product division has inked a deal with DQ Entertainment to launch Jungle Book merchandise in India?
5. Which Bangalore-based drug maker has decided to acquire Shasun Pharmaceuticals in an all-stock deal?
6. Which singer has been announced as the first global brand ambassador for beauty brand N.Y.C. New York Color?
7. Private equity firm Vista Equity Partners will buy which business software maker for $4.3 billion?
8. Flipkart has entered into the jewellery segment through a tie-up with which jewellery retailer?
9. Kavinder Singh has been appointed as chief executive officer and managing director of which leisure hospitality company?
10. Google India last week signed a MoU with which state to launch a slew of initiatives, the first such venture to be taken up by Google India with any state government in the country?
11. Which MNC has agreed to buy US-based Ambit Biosciences for $410 million to bolster its pipeline of cancer treatments?
12. Which portal has acquired Ibibo Group-owned Gaadi.com, in the first big consolidation move in a fragmented online auto classifieds market?
13. Alia Bhatt has joined hands with which portal to launch her line of apparel?
14. Which brand has launched a new television commercial titled ‘India in Prayer’, which captures the real meaning of prayer in our daily lives?
15. Japanese electronics firm Casio has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador for its electronic musical instruments division?
16. The winners of the ET Awards for Corporate Excellence for 2014 were announced last week. Which is the Company of the Year?
17. Which city has the world's largest number of billionaires, according to the Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2014?
18. Which hospitality major will relocate its global office from the US to India for a month in March 2015?
19. Who has topped the list of 400 richest people in the US, by Forbes?
20. Microsoft last week unveiled a new version of its operating system to replace the largely unpopular Windows 8. What has it been branded as?
21. Which MNC has acquired the car lease division of Carzonrent India, the company that also runs Easy Cabs, for around Rs 200 crore?
22. Apollo Hospitals has announced a collaboration with which pharma MNC to expand its diabetes care format, Apollo Sugar Clinics?
23. Which MNC has agreed to pay $1.75 billion in cash to buy privately-held Alios BioPharma Inc, which is developing a drug for a respiratory viral infection?
24. Which media company is spending about USD 950 million to buy the online real estate business Move Inc in a deal that aims to speed up its digital expansion?
25. Venture capital investment in India has already breached which milestone mark this year?
26. US-based branding and licensing company Authentic Brands Group has signed up a franchisee agreement with which company to open Juicy Couture stores in India starting next year?
27. Which MNC has partnered with IT training solutions firm NIIT for its ‘Women in Tech’ initiative in India?
28. Auto components manufacturer Minda Industries is partnering which MNC to make automotive batteries in India?
29. Which CEO will own the Bengaluru team in Vijay Amritraj's Champions Tennis League?
30. Coke Zero, Coca-Cola's zero sugar beverage, has sold how many cans on Amazon.in in the first 13 days after launch?
31. Mobile marketplace and mobile and DTH recharge platform Paytm has signed a Rs 200-250 crore cross-marketing deal with which noodle brand?
32. Which Bangalore-based publishing services company has acquired US-based content creation company Electronic Publishing Services (EPS)?
33. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology and which MNC are teaming up on a $ 10 million project to better understand social networks and figure out new ways to benefit from them?
34. PepsiCo Inc for the first time is introducing a product exclusively through Amazon.com Inc. Which brand?
35. The Indian government has signed a memorandum of understanding with a group of companies to build a wind power project near Gujarat. What is special about this project?
36. Which automobile MNC will open an IT development centre in Pune next month?
37. Which automobile MNC has announced the appointment of Guillaume Sicard as president of its Indian operations?
38. British consumer goods maker Reckitt Benckiser last week extended its Dettol brand into which new product category as part of RBs Banega Swachh India campaign?
39. Masaba Gupta is quitting as the creative head for homegrown fashion house Genesis Colors after a 2 year stint. Which well known label does the company own?
40. Which state last week started the country’s first olive refinery?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 549 as the subject.