August 30, 2020
August 23, 2020
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 17 - 22. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC has applied for a new patent that aims to bring touch control via an external device on old generation laptops?
2. Loads of Independence Day ads. Which cement brand launched the film ‘#MeraGhar’?
3. Which travel app has rolled out a video, ‘#IndiaMeriJaan’, to salute the brave hearts and everyday heroes working at the forefront to fight Covid-19 in India?
4. Which company has launched the video ‘#KeepingIndiaCool’?
5. Which tech-enabled, self-ride two-wheeler rental service has introduced a new brand positioning ‘Freedom to Go’?
6. Which real estate brand celebrated Independence Day with a social media campaign ‘#FreeInside’?
7. Which life insurance company has launched the campaign ‘#IndiaSolveKarteJaa’?
8. Which business group released a digital film ‘The Box that Unboxed India’, highlighting the pivotal role it has played as nation builders to our country?
9. Which online travel company launched a campaign video ‘#YeAzaadiWaliFeeling’ that spreads positivity with a hope for a better world?
10. Which company has launched a novel industry collective, ‘#LetsGetIndiaTicking’, a movement urging individuals to kick-start the wheel of the economy?
11. Which spirits manufacturer has launched a gratitude song “Shukriya” under the banner of The Spirit of Victory in the honour of the courageous Indian Army?
12. Which health supplement brand has launched a digital campaign, ‘#OurImmunityHeroes’ to show gratitude to the Indian Army who acts as an immunity shield and keeps our nation safe?
13. Which apparel brand celebrated the spirit of ‘Azaadi’ through a public awareness campaign, focusing on promoting local Indian products?
14. Which life insurance company has launched an initiative ‘Rakshak’, dedicated to serving the armed forces of the nation?
15. To celebrate the trust and affection people have given to its flagship brand and to re-dedicate on Independence Day, which MNC launched ‘Ek Chhoti Si Koshish’, a set of year-long initiatives, across the country?
16. Which state tourism board has launched a campaign '#IntezaarKhatamHua' to build the confidence and trust amongst the travellers and to keep the audience engaged during the monsoon season?
17. Which tyre brand has launched a campaign with social media influencers Karan Sehgal, Karron Dhinggra and Vaibhav Keswani to promote its recently launched gaiter collection for riders?
18. Which FMCG brand has roped in actress Yami Gautam as brand ambassador of its 'Hand in Hand' health and hygiene product range?
19. Which beverage brand has launched its new campaign, featuring actors Taapsee Pannu and Ayushmann Khurrana in four films?
20. Which beverage brand has launched a special “Desh Ka Kulhad” collection that promotes the work of our Indian Artisans?
21. Which chocolate brand has launched its new campaign, featuring actor Ayushmann Khurrana?
22. Which brand has launched a campaign to promote its newly launched product – Ayurprash, an herbal hair colouring shampoo?
23. Which India-Dutch Startup has unveiled 3 models of smart ventilators - v Smart Ventilator, C5 Covid-19 ventilator and ICU ventilator?
24. Which MNC is acquiring US-based Principia Biopharma for $3.7 billion?
25. Which state has teamed up with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Canara Bank to empower over 15,000 villages with digital payments?
26. The Reserve Bank of India has removed the restrictions imposed on which bank’s managing director following the compliance on the promoter holding norm?
27. US-based Rosen Law Firm said it was planning to investigate potential securities claims against which bank from India following allegations of sharing “materially misleading business information” with investors?
28. Which MNC is paying up to $610 million for Aviation American Gin, co-owned by Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds, and a clutch of other spirits brands?
29. Which edtech company is all set to host the world’s biggest school quiz ever, targeting over 1 crore participants?
30. Which company has acquired the local unit of US-based Akorn which has an injectables and specialty sterile pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility in Himachal Pradesh?
31. Which cement brand is collaborating with Big FM to extend its content property ‘Baat Ghar Ki' from digital to radio?
32. Terribly Tiny Talkies, the short-film makers from the house of Terribly Tiny Tales, launched their first-ever mini-series titled ‘Butterflies’ in collaboration with which chocolate brand?
33. Which online betting platform will be the title sponsor for cricket team St Lucia Zouks for the upcoming Caribbean Premier League (CPL)?
34. Which MNC has launched a digital campaign ‘#StyleThatSpeaksForYou’ with the purpose to re-ignite women’s love for their hair and need to take care of it.?
35. Which company has launched a new digital video campaign titled ‘Indian Kitchen ka Dishwasher’ to educate consumers and bust common myths about dishwasher usage?
36. Which foundation has launched a campaign ‘Heart to heart: From one Entrepreneur to Another’, celebrating the ‘Spirit of Entrepreneurship’?
37. Which automobile company last week announced a car leasing and subscription programme in India?
38. Which MNC has announced the acquisition of Spatial Access, a specialised advertising and marketing advisory and analytics firm, for an unspecified amount?
39. Which Tiruppur-based company plans to invest Rs 30 crore in Coimbatore to manufacture e-vehicles?
40. Which company has acquired a majority stake in pharma marketplace Netmeds for about Rs 620 crore?
41. Which payments bank has announced the introduction of Jan BachatKhata, an Aadhaar Authentication-based digital savings account for its customers?
42. Which IT firm has launched Safe Workplace, a return-to-work solution that helps global enterprises quickly transition to a safe, secure and productive work environment?
43. Which IT firm has launched 'Upskilling-as-a-Service' (UaaS), a platform to accelerate new-age skill development for over 60,000 employees globally?
44. Which company, owner of the largest fleet of commercial vehicles in India, won´t buy new trucks and will get rid of old ones to rein in repair costs amid a nascent recovery in demand?
45. Which IT firm from India last week announced a global strategic cloud alliance with Microsoft, and said it plans to scale its Microsoft cloud business to $100 million?
46. Former finance secretary R Gopalan will take over as the new chairman of which media company?
47. The world´s largest sovereign wealth fund posted a loss of $21.27 billion in the first half of 2020 as stocks and real estate holdings fell in value during the Covid19 pandemic. Which country?
48. Which hospitality company has launched its Road Trippin campaign under the larger theme #DekhoApnaDesh, featuring TV anchors Rocky and Mayur?
49. Which performance sports eyewear brand last week announced the appointment of cricketer Rohit Sharma as its new brand ambassador for a period of two years in India?
50. Which company will be the title sponsor of the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), which is scheduled to kick off on September 19 in the UAE?
51. Which sports brand has unveiled ‘Ready for Sport: The Anthem’, a 60-second film is narrated by South African rugby icon, Siya Kolisi?
52. Which snack brand has launched the campaign ‘#TheGoodAloo’?
53. This World Breastfeeding Week, which brand has launched the campaign ‘#PartnersInBreastfeeding’, urging fathers to participate in breastfeeding?
54. Which smartphone brand has launched its latest brand campaign 'Go Beyond Boundaries', featuring Guneet Monga, founder and producer of Sikhya Films and Entertainment?
55. Which menswear brand has launched a new digital campaign and collection 'Made with Hands, Made with Love’?
56. Which hygiene and wellness brand has announced Bengali actor and MP Nusrat Jahan as its brand ambassador ahead of the festive season in East India?
57. Tata Motors has achieved which production milestone of its flagship compact SUV Nexon EV from its Pune manufacturing facility?
58. Which logistics services provider, through its step- down subsidiary Unifeeder ISC (Indian Subcontinent) platform, has announced the acquisition of three units of the Transworld Group?
59. Which homegrown social app has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Brian Norgard, Chief Product Officer of Tinder, and leading French entrepreneur Fabrice Grinda, founder of OLX?
60. Apple Inc has become the first US company to hit which milestone market capitalization mark?
61. Which company has revealed the design for the first ‘Made in India’ aluminium metro coaches?
62. Which company last week launched the innovator brand of favipiravir Avigan, an antiviral used to treat mild to moderate Covid19 patients, in India?
63. Which MNC has agreed to buy Momenta Pharmaceuticals for about $6.5 billion to expand in treatments for autoimmune diseases?
64. Which white cement brand has launched the campaign ‘#AbSabKuchMaxX’?
65. Which skincare and wellness brand has signed actress Disha Patani as brand ambassador for its entire range of hair care products?
66. Which life insurance brand has recently launched an annuity campaign ‘#WhenIGrowUp’?
67. Which on-demand logistics company has launched the campaign ‘Deliver Possibilities Faster’ with a focus on supporting small and medium-sized businesses with delivery and logistics?
68. Which group has launched a new campaign themed ‘Sensor and Sensibility’, aimed at encouraging a contactless, sustainable, and more functional interface for bath and lighting solutions?
69. Which food and edible oils company has appointed Ram Bharat as its new managing director?
70. Chrystia Freeland last week became which country’s first female finance minister?
71. Which India-based supplier of process equipment for the pharmaceutical and chemical industries will be acquiring a majority stake in the global business of its parent for $27.4 million?
72. Which entity is set to take over IL&FS’ education arm Schoolnet India with the committee of creditors of the troubled group approving the sale?
73. Which MNC has sold its residual stake in Vodafone Idea (VIL) and exited India’s telecom sector, having taken a substantial hit on its investments after a high-profile entry more than a decade ago?
74. Which Bengaluru-based startup last week launched an AI-driven moveable hospital?
75. Which beverage chain in India has decided to make its outlets pet-friendly, starting with those that have outdoor seating options?
76. Which IT firm is betting big on the cloud business with the launch of Cobalt - a set of services, solutions, and platforms meant to help its clients build new cloud-first capabilities?
77. Which jewellery brand has launched a new campaign ‘#WhoIsYourVighnaharta’ on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi?
78. Which edible oil brand has launched the campaign ‘Iss saal har ghar pandal’ campaign for Ganesh Chaturthi?
79. Which mental wellness startup has rolled out a campaign titled 'Winner’s Mindset', to emphasise the role of mental strength?
80. Which MNC bank has launched a “green deposit” product with an explicit commitment to on-lend the accrued inflows to finance environmentally sustainable initiatives like renewable energy projects?
81. Which company has launched a digital campaign ‘#ShockKaVaccination’, in a bid to promote electrical safety through its Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) product range?
82. Which online gaming platform has acquired the sponsorship rights of cricket team Jamaica Tallawahs of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL)?
83. Which bank’s mutual fund business has been acquired by White Oak Investment Management - an AMC owned by former Goldman Sachs fund manager Prashant Khemka?
84. Which company has entered into a partnership with Sastodeal, a Nepal-based e-commerce firm, to set up cross-border sales channel for Indian MSMEs?
85. Which IPL team has announced JSW Group as the team’s principal sponsor for the upcoming season to be held in UAE between September and November 2020?
86. On World Entrepreneurship Day, which biscuit brand launched the campaign “Kyunki Ki Bahut Kuch Hai Karna”, which recognises and salutes the natural entrepreneur within every homemaker?
87. Which air freshener brand has launched a new campaign ‘Aankh kholke nahi, naak khole dekho’ (Don’t just open your eyes, open your nose to see)?
88. Which toothpaste brand has launched three films adding to the ‘#ChabaateyRahoIndia’ series, advising people to remain tough, resolute and prepared against the pandemic?
89. Which Hyderabad-based company has emerged as the lowest bidder (L-1) for building the 33-km-long Zojila pass tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir-Ladakh?
90. Which MNC has struck a 1.29 trillion yen ($12.2 billion) deal to join with billionaire Goh Cheng Liang´s Wuthelam Holdings, seeking to create a dominant paints and coatings company in Asia?
August 16, 2020
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 10 - 15. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company is launching InstaMart, a chain of virtual convenience stores to deliver grocery and household items within 45 minutes?
2. Which MNC is all set to launch its game streaming service called xCloud on September 15 for Android users in 22 countries?
3. In a big push for domestic industry, the defence ministry has generated a list of how many military items that will not be imported?
4. India Today Group has ceased the publication of which compact daily from August 10, 2020?
5. Which life insurance company has launched the campaign ‘Ab Income Milegi Har Saal, Saalo Saal’?
6. Which food brand recently unveiled a follow up to its campaign ‘#DilKiBaat’, titled ‘#AcchaKyaHua’?
7. Flipkart has launched an accelerator programme for idea-stage startups in the consumer internet technology space, to help them build market-ready solutions. What has it been branded as?
8. Chris O’Connor has resigned as CEO of which Pune-based mid-size IT firm?
9. Which Hyderabad-based non-profit organization made it to the top 10 visionaries in the world for the Rockefeller Foundation’s Food Vision 2050 Prize?
10. Which MNC is officially out of the laptop business, after transferring its remaining shares in Dynabook to Sharp Corporation?
11. Which airline announced the commencement of its flight services to Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru from Frankfurt from August 13, under a “bilateral agreement” between the governments?
12. Which Hyderabad-based financial inclusion focused fintech has rolled out a new digital finance platform SARTHI?
13. Which MNC has rolled out privacy app AltZLife developed at its India R& D centre on select handsets in the country?
14. Isher Judge Ahluwalia has stepped down as the chairperson of which think-tank due to health reasons?
15. Which ethnic wear label has roped in actor Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador?
16. Which company has rolled out its new multimedia campaign called ‘Silence Bhi aur Energy Savings Bhi’ for the newly launched range of SilentPro ceiling fans?
17. Which brand has launched a new campaign film for its refrigerators, focusing on its DuoCooling technology?
18. Which automobile MNC has launched a new inspirational video series titled ‘Soul Stories’?
19. Which NYSE-listed data centre company has acquired the India operations of GPX Global Systems for $161 million (Rs 1,200 crore) in cash?
20. Reliance Industries has entered the world’s top 100 companies on the Fortune Global 500 list after eight years. Which rank?
21. Pirojsha Godrej, the youngest son of Adi Godrej, has moved out of his operational role at Godrej Properties to steer the group’s ambitious entry into the financial services sector through which company?
22. Which manufacturer of rechargeable Lithium Ion Polymer (LIP) batteries has acquired 180 acres of land for Rs 550 crore near Gurugram, Haryana in one of the largest land deals of the year?
23. Which MNC bank has put on the block its independent commercial building at Fort’s Horniman Circle in south Mumbai?
24. Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has said its blockbuster SUV Creta has achieved which cumulative sales milestone of in the domestic market?
25. Which MNC has launched its virtual visiting card-styled feature called ´People Cards´ first in India?
26. Which spices brand has launched the campaign ‘#SpiceUpYourHealth’, featuring brand ambassador and chef Sanjeev Kapoor?
27. Which MNC has launched its seller-driven campaign ‘Itna Aasan hai’?
28. Which Amritsar based e-mobility start-up has appointed cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador?
29. Which youth fashion brand has launched a new fashion collection, inspired by Illumination’s popular characters Minions?
30. Which aerospace startup has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine, becoming the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability to build a homegrown rocket engine?
31. The transport ministry has allowed sale and registration of electric vehicles without which component?
32. Sumner Redstone died in US at the age of 97. He was the chairman emeritus of which media company?
33. Sameer Gehlaut has stepped down as the executive chairman of which housing finance company?
34. Which MNC has moved the Delhi High Court seeking a stay on payment of equalisation levy on digital transactions on grounds that it would lead to double taxation?
35. Which MNC is selling SlideShare, the hosting platform for presentations and other content, to ebook and audiobook subscription service Scribd for an undisclosed sum?
36. Which beauty brand has partnered with Kalki Koechlin to launch its new campaign for its hair colour?
37. Which fabric brand from the Aditya Birla Group has announced the launch of its new brand identity and logo, including the new brand line ‘Passionate like you’?
38. Which product design and sports performance brand has unveiled the remake of Bob Marley’s iconic anthem ‘One Love’, as part of its 2020 ‘For the Love of Sports’ campaign?
39. Which beverage brand has launched the rendition of the timeless anthem of patriotism, ‘Yeh Desh Hai Veer Jawaano Ka’, from Saregama, for Independence Day?
40. Which MNC telecom equipment manufacturer has signed its 100th commercial 5G agreement or contract with unique communications service providers?
41. Which MNC is releasing two new breakfast cereals based on two of its most popular coffee drinks: Caramel Macchiato and Mocha Latte?
42. Which realty company has launched the ‘Move In India’ campaign?
43. Amazon India last week marked its entry into which segment?
44. US drug maker Johnson and Johnson (J&J) has transferred the technology and manufacturing rights of its SARS-Cov2 vaccine to which Indian company?
45. Which MNC is selling its India bus division to its joint venture with Eicher Motors, for a cash consideration of Rs 100.5 crore?
46. Which mattress brand has launched the campaign ‘Sugha Nidra Eppol Surakshitavum’, meaning ‘blissful sleep is now safe too’, in Kerala for Onam?
47. Which brand has launched a campaign to promote its newly-launched line of personal jewellery titled Collection Me?
48. Which business group will be associated with IOA as official sponsor of the Indian Olympic Team to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020?
49. Which online higher education company has announced the launch of its latest mass media campaign 'Sirf Naam Ki Nahin, Kaam Ki Degree'?
50. Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL) last week said it has achieved which cumulative sales milestone of its mini car Alto?
51. Which nutrition brand has launched a digital film with brand ambassador and celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija to spread awareness about boosting immunity the right and natural way?
52. Which motorcycle company has announced the commencement of its first ever designing platform – Art of Motorcycling?
53. Which exam preparation app has roped in actor Kartik Aaryan for the launch of its latest offering, which provides students unlimited access to structured live courses and mock Tests?
54. Which payment app has launched a new campaign ‘#S’ to spread awareness on social distancing and the use of hand sanitizers?
55. Which chain has launched a new campaign titled, ‘Why wait for your brew, when you can Drive-Thru’, marking the brand's foray into the drive-thru space for the first time in India?
56. Which processed food company has launched its new campaign ‘#AchaarWithVichaar’?
57. Which water storage and piping solutions provider has launched the campaign ‘India Ki Waterline’, featuring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor?
58. Which motorcycle company has launched the campaign ‘#ParkForFreedom’, requesting everyone to stay at home this Independence Day?
59. Which handset maker has launched a tune titled ‘Desh ki apni Dhun’ for Independence Day?
60. Leading hospital chain Fortis Healthcare will now have a new name. What will it be known as?
61. Which power technologies company has launched a campaign urging people to be ‘Be Energy Independent’ by paving the way for a new form of independence with solar energy?
62. Which atmospheric water generator (AWG) company has launched its ‘Har Boond Se Badlega India’ campaign?
63. Which adult diaper brand has launched the campaign ‘Azaadi Mubarak’ encouraging the older generation to step up and take their freedom into their own hands?
64. Which life insurance company has launched the campaign ‘Tension se Azaadi’?
65. Which automobile company has launched the animated film ‘Atmanirbharta’?
66. Inspired by the brand philosophy of “Karte Ja, Badhte Ja”, which payments platform has launched a campaign saluting the resilient spirit of the people of India?
67. Which retail gourmet food chain has launched a digital campaign featuring popular radio jockeys – Hrishikesh Kannan, Jane Jeyakumar and Prithvi Vishwanath?
68. Which Los Angeles-based social video app has seen 40 million downloads from Google Play Store and Apple App Store in India within a month-and-half of its launch?
69. Which airline has appointed former CEO and Wadia Group veteran Kaushik Khona as its new CEO?
70. Which company has bagged a trademark for its U&Us retail format, a first in India?
71. The United States´ top regulator Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating which bank from India for alleged irregularities in certain borrower loan accounts, leading to incorrect asset classification?
72. Apple and Google have removed which popular video game from their app stores for violating the in-app payment guidelines, prompting developer Epic Games to file federal antitrust lawsuits?
73. According to a report last week, which ecommerce company has partnered with HipBar, a startup backed by spirits giant Diageo, to deliver alcohol in two Indian states?
74. For Independence Day, which brand launched a digital film ‘#NamakKeWaastey’, featuring LT. Colonel Inderjit S Gill, a veteran of the 1971 war?
75. Which bank last week launched Shaurya KGC (Kisan Gold Credit) Card, a special credit card for armed force personnel?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 855 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.
August 9, 2020
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 03 - 08. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC has won approval from the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deploy and operate its constellation of 3,236 satellites to beam affordable Internet services?
2. Which state-owned iron ore miner said Sumit Deb has assumed charge as chairman-cum-managing director of the company on August 1, 2020?
3. The Centre has appointed SN Rajeswari as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of which state-owned general insurer?
4. Which beverage brand has launched a campaign asking the youth to ‘Chill Karo and Phir Start Karo’ (Chill and start again), featuring actress Disha Patani?
5. Which cement company has launched a digital campaign ‘Stories of Wonder’ highlighting the contribution and added value the dealer network brings?
6. Which beverage brand paid a tribute to friends across the nation by launching a special piece of content in collaboration with popular singer Knox Artiste?
7. For Raksha Bandhan, which MNC introduced a virtual rakhi, ‘#TweetAPromise’?
8. Which life insurance company launched the digital campaign #RishtonKiRaksha (protection of relationships), showcasing the different ways of protecting the brother-sister bond?
9. Which flower and gifts retailer celebrated the ‘nok jhonk bandhan’ (sweet and sour bond) between siblings that over the years, transforms into a stronger bond?
10. Which business group has identified 9 businesses as the next set of growth engines, each having a potential to achieve $1 billion in sales and expected to be primed for public listing in the next 2-5 years?
11. Which company last week said its unit has launched remdesivir injection under the brand name ‘JUBI-R’ in the Indian market at Rs 4,700 per vial of 100 mg?
12. The number of bank accounts opened under the government's flagship financial inclusion drive Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), launched about six years ago, has crossed which milestone count?
13. Which MNC, the world’s largest convenience store franchiser, has agreed to buy Marathon Petroleum Corp’s Speedway gas stations for $21 billion?
14. Mr N Venkatramani, 80, died recently following a brief illness. He was the chairman and managing director of which auto parts maker?
15. Which company, the oldest US department store, has filed for Chapter 11 protection in Richmond, Virginia, and will submit a reorganisation plan with the court?
16. Which MNC has launched 4 ads - 'Young Parents', 'Roommates', 'Grandparents' and 'Doctor' - as part of the next phase of its consumer marketing campaign in India?
17. Which mouth freshener brand has launched a short video 'Relive the Memories' to celebrate the idea of 'Friendship'?
18. For Friendship Day, which skincare brand launched a campaign listing three types of friends - one who buzzes with freshness, one who's spotlessly clean and one who has always got your back?
19. Which confectionery brand has rolled out out a digital campaign ‘#FreshWaysToConnect’ about friends new and old who enriched lives over the last few months?
20. As per NPCI’s communication to RBI, which fintech platform has complied with the 5 pending data localisation parameters that were needed before it could launch its payment services in the country?
21. Which bike taxi platform launched a new campaign’ #PromiseofProtection’, showcasing its commitment to the safety and protection of its users?
22. Microsoft said its video meet app will now limit the size of interactive meetings to 1,000 participants, with a seamless shift to a ‘view only’ mode after the limit is met, for up to how many participants?
23. How many Indian startups are unicorns (startups valued at $1 billion or more), according to Hurun Global Unicorn List?
24. Which company has acquired 100 per cent stake in actor Deepika Padukone´s fashion brand, All About You, for an undisclosed amount?
25. Which company has announced the launch of its full-touch smartwatch ‘Connected X’ on Amazon India during Prime Day on August 6?
26. Which furniture and home products retailer has launched its new campaign titled ‘Swadeshi Is Great’, to promote and celebrate Indian artisans?
27. Which state tourism board has launched the ‘#BufferMeinSafar’ campaign for wildlife lovers?
28. Which company has announced its first digital campaign ‘#ThePerrierConfluence’ in India, for its French brand – Perrier?
29. Swedish singer Zara Larsson announced last week that she had ended her collaboration with which MNC to promote its smartphones, saying China "is not a nice state"?
30. One of the most anticipated appointments. Who will succeed Aditya Puri as managing director and CEO of HDFC Bank?
31. Which company has signed a multi-year pact with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer a comprehensive set of cloud solutions, with a special focus on SME customers in India?
32. Ajay Tyagi has been given an extension as chairman of which regulatory body for another 18 months?
33. Which MNC bike maker is downsizing its operations in India and understood to have laid off workers as business has slowed down in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic?
34. Which company last week announced its entry into the compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) segment with ‘Urban Cruiser’ that will be unveiled during the upcoming festive season?
35. Which financial services company has unveiled its new brand tagline ‘Count on Us’?
36. Which fantasy sports gaming platform has announced its global launch, including in India, and has roped in cricketers Harmanpreet Kaur and Suresh Raina as global brand ambassadors?
37. Which music and audio streaming service has launched its latest multi-channel marketing campaign ‘We Are India'?
38. Which bank has launched the campaign 'Kuch Naya Socho'?
39. Which company has stepped into the Rs 500-crore ready-to-cook condiments space with its first sales channel for the ready-to-cook sauces and pastes franchise called ‘ChefBoss’?
40. Which education technology platform’s holding company has acquired Mumbai-based WhiteHat Jr in a $300 million all-cash transaction?
41. The centre last week appointed former lieutenant governor of Jammu and Kashmir GC Murmu to which position?
42. Which online beauty brand has acquired women focused content and influencer business POPxo?
43. Which MNC has introduced a new Your Phone app that will help users access their Android phone apps directly from their desktops running Windows 10?
44. KPMG in India will collaborate with which India-based ed-tech platform to deliver a range of virtual sessions on multiple data science tools and technologies?
45. Which Minneapolis-based fintech company is testing its buy-now-pay-later service in India for a potential launch at the end of the year?
46. Which beverage brand has launched its new campaign “Karne se hee hona hai” (Only doing will make it possible)?
47. Which consumer product company has announced the launch of the ‘Protect’ range of surface disinfectant sprays?
48. Which computer accessories manufacturer and distributor has roped in actor and director Rajat Kapoor as brand ambassador?
49. Mahak Group has launched a new campaign ‘Mint Nahi Hint Hai’ for which candy brand?
50. ITC's food business has crossed which sales milestone in FY20?
51. Which Gurugram-based online used car platform has bought out rival Truebil for an undisclosed amount?
52. Which company will provide Covid-19 vaccine at $3, or about Rs 225, per dose to India and 92 other low and middle income countries as part of a partnership with Gavi and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?
53. Parle Agro has moved the Bombay High Court against which MNC for selling an apple drink with “deceptively similar mark” as its Appy Fizz?
54. Which private equity firm has backed off a plan to become a sponsor of India Grid Trust, or IndiGrid, an infrastructure investment trust (InvIT)?
55. Which Murugappa Group company is set to acquire a controlling stake in the scam-hit CG Power for Rs 700 crore in the form of shares and warrants?
56. Which MNC last week globally unveiled its compact SUV ‘Sonet’, which will be introduced in India ahead of the upcoming festive season?
57. Which company is planning to launch the world´s first 5G network based on open radio access network (RAN) technology in September in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka to begin with?
58. Walmart Labs, the tech arm of the US retail giant, launched its new global identity. What will it be now known as?
59. Which company has launched a new campaign ‘#StandByNursingMoms’ for Breastfeeding Week?
60. Clorox just named Linda Rendle as its new chief executive, bringing the number of women CEOs on the Fortune 500 list to which new record count?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 854 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.