Biz Quizzard has touched a new milestone with this edition - 600 weeks without a single break. Would like to thank each one of you for being part of this journey.
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 21 - 26. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Delhi-based real estate firm CDR Group has teamed up with which celebrity and family to buy the Punjab team in the Pro Wrestling League, an IPL-style wrestling event involving top Indian and international wrestlers?
2. Anand Mahindra, Punj Lloyd founder Uday Punj, BookMyShow's Ashish Hemrajani and New York-based Sanjeev Mehra are investing in which mobile-only food marketplace application?
3. Which MNC has shut down Movida India, its mobile payment venture in India?
4. In what is said to be the biggest single asset acquisition in India's hospitality sector, which company is selling its marquee property in Goa to Malaysia’s MetTube Sdn Bhd for Rs 725 crore?
5. Which state is set to house India's first national investment and manufacturing zone?
6. Which real estate portal has ‘acqui-hired’ Plat and BigBHK to strengthen its products and rope in talent from the industry?
7. Taxi-hailing app Uber is launching its carpooling service in India. What has it been branded as?
8. Which Swiss banking group has finally set up shop in India, almost three years after acquiring DSP Merrill Lynch's domestic wealth management business?
9. Which company has secured the high-profile contract to develop and operate the technology platform for the proposed goods and services tax (GST)?
10. Which company last week elevated SN Subrahmanyan as the deputy managing director and president?
11. Kerala-based luxury property developer Prime Meridian has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador?
12. Which MNC has launched a new commercial, titled 'A part of India's life for 100 years', celebrating 100 years in India?
13. Which automobile MNC has appointed Vikram Pawah as the new Managing Director (MD) of its India operations with immediate effect?
14. Which company has signed a binding agreement with Lighthouse Minerals Holdings Pty to sell the Mt Gordon Copper mine in Australia for A$5 million (about Rs 23 crore) cash?
15. Who has been elected as the new chairman of the US India Business Council (USIBC), the apex advocacy group for India and American companies in the US?
16. Which brand has become the first to get a custom Twitter emoji?
17. Which matrimony portal has recently unveiled its brand new identity and launched a new campaign ‘My conditions apply’?
18. Which media group has unveiled the first look of its e-commerce portal, Gadgets 360?
19. According to a report last week, actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan will endorse a textile showroom brand. Which brand and why is this news special?
20. Which bank has launched a campaign highlighting its positioning ‘Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai’?
21. Which Bengaluru-based company has acquired the four-star business hotel Aura Grande in Mumbai for Rs 100 crore?
22. Which e-commerce firm has partnered with educational loans provider Credila to offer customised educational loans to students at the click of a mouse for the first time in the country?
23. US-based Retail Royalty Company has filed a trademark infringement case in the Delhi High Court against which company?
24. Which textile manufacturer has entered into a joint venture with Scotland-based clothing merchant Holland & Sherry for trading and distribution of premium fabrics in India?
25. Which optic fibre and telecom cable maker has agreed to acquire Elitecore Technologies in a deal that puts the telecom software product firm's enterprise value at Rs 180 crore?
26. Martin Winterkorn has stepped down as the CEO of which MNC?
27. Telecom service provider Uninor has been rebranded. What is the new brand?
28. Which brand last week offered what it claimed as the world's biggest ladoo at Andhericha Raja Ganesh Pandal in Mumbai?
29. Which company will be included in the NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index, replacing Aditya Birla Nuvo from the next month?
30. Who has been named India’s richest in Forbes magazine’s latest India rich list?
31. Instagram has crossed which user base milestone?
32. Which personal care manufacturer has announced a strategic partnership with Cartoon Network Enterprises to launch 'DENVER Superman' Deodorants in India?
33. Which company has rolled out an integrated brand campaign, featuring Mahendra Singh Dhoni, for LED lighting?
34. Which company has launched a range of professional salon facial products under the Oxlife brand for men and women?
35. In a rare management buyout deal in the country's corporate landscape, the head of which MNC bank’s India wealth management operation is buying the business from it?
36. Which company has announced the sale of its indirectly owned subsidiary in Malaysia - Sabah Forest Industries Sdn Bhd - for an enterprise value of $500 million to Pandawa Sakti?
37. Italy's Enel Green Power has bought a controlling stake in which wind power generation company for Rs 220 crore, marking its entry into India?
38. Which Kolkata-based group is buying the 65-room Pearl Inn Hotel in Hyderabad for Rs 27 crore?
39. Which company has announced the appointment of R S Sharma, former CMD of NTPC and MD of Jindal Power, as its managing director?
40. Facebook has renamed Internet.org, its free Internet platform. What is the new name?
41. Which natural blood purifier brand has launched a campaign titled 'I Hate You Mom'?
42. Which domestic textile player has announced a joint venture with leading Italian lifestyle brand Cadini?
43. Digital wallet payment service provider Oxigen Services India has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador?
44. The government has firmed up plans to bring down its holding in which bank to 49%?
45. Bajaj Auto last week launched its much-awaited quadricycle, meant only for export markets for now. What has it been branded as?
46. Which private equity entity has picked up a minority stake in Creative Lifestyles, the flagship company of the Mumbai-based Creative Garments group?
47. Which company has signed an agreement to buy the exclusive intellectual property rights (IPR) of fondaparinux sodium for $17.5 million in cash, from its current owner Alchemia Ltd?
48. Actors Swara Bhaskar, Tena Desae and Rajkumar Rao can be seen in the latest ad of which dairy brand?
49. Aamir Khan has donned the role of a ‘shayar’ in the new campaign for which brand?
50. Which brand was last week launched with the claim of being the costliest locally assembled car in the country?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 600 as the subject.