Sample question (Q 8, Biz Quizzard 595) : Ratan Tata has invested in which online media entity that profiles start-ups and entrepreneurs? Answer: YourStory
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the September 19 - 24. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC has acquired Perfect Relations, an independent public relations firm founded by Dilip Cherian and Pradeep (Bobby) Kewalramani?
2. Which fashion portal has announced the launch of jewellery brand ‘Tribe by Amrapali’ on its platform?
3. Which digital media agency has launched the video #WeAreForReal to promote itself?
4. Which bank has roped in Virat Kohli as brand ambassador?
5. Ajay Kaul has resigned as the CEO of which quick service restaurant (QSR) group?
6. Salman Khan has been signed as the brand ambassador of which snacks brand?
7. Which fans brand has launched its campaign ‘Soch badlo, hawa toh badaltihi rahegi’?
8. Which paints company has launched a campaign featuring the IPL team Gujarat Lions to promote Excel Mica Marble, its latest offering in exterior paint?
9. Dubai-based property developer The First Group has roped in which former cricketer as its brand ambassador for India?
10. Which ecommerce major has launched its fashion private label ‘Symbol’ ahead of the festive season sales?
11. Which private equity major has entered India's retailing sector by setting up a fully owned subsidiary Nexus Malls?
12. Himalaya Drug Company has announced its foray into the mother care segment under which brand?
13. Which online fashion retailer has collaborated with Facebook at Work to launch ‘Destination f’, its social intranet platform on mobile devices for its employees?
14. Which Chinese smartphone maker is set to enter India with an innovative series of handsets that will come with a patented Frame interactive Technology (FiT)?
15. Which MNC has secured an Indian patent for its skin cancer drug Tafinlar, used in the treatment of metastatic melanoma - the most serious and life-threatening type of skin cancer?
16. Which company will buy Tobira Therapeutics Inc in a deal worth up to $1.7 billion, to gain access to its experimental therapies for a fatty liver disease called NASH?
17. Which staffing services firm will acquire NichePro Technologies for an enterprise value of up to Rs 29.5 crore?
18. Vodafone has roped in which actor as national brand ambassador to promote its new product Vodafone Flex?
19. Which MNC will acquire eco-conscious US cleaning products group Seventh Generation, expanding its range of environmentally friendly brands?
20. Which MNC has chosen its head of consumer healthcare, Emma Walmsley, as its new chief executive?
21. Home healthcare startup Portea Medical has expanded into the wellness segment with its new offering, an end-to-end health and fitness program. What has it been branded as?
22. Which Indian company has announced a complete buyout of its German partner's stake in their tube-making joint venture?
23. Which business group has bought Sangam Direct chain of grocery stores, formerly known as Sabka Bazaar, from Wadhawan Holdings?
24. Which Chennai-based company, controlled by US private equity firm Carlyle Group, has acquired 76% stake in Pune's e-learning firm Exult Infosolutions for an undisclosed amount?
25. Japanese pharma giant Takeda Pharmaceutical has entered into a partnership with which Indian company to develop the first ever vaccine to tackle Chikungunya, an emerging infectious disease?
26. Which IT firm will be acquiring US-based BlazeMeter to drive speed and quality of application testing practices?
27. Flipkart has claimed to have become the first online marketplace in India to reach which registered users milestone?
28. Which MNC has launched ‘Move Forward’, its first brand campaign in the Indian market?
29. US-based company LuDela has claimed a world first for creating which product?
30. Which is India’s most valuable brand, according to the third annual BrandZ Top 50 Most Valuable Indian Brands report released by WPP and Kantar Millward Brown?
31. Google last week launched a new artificial intelligence-powered messaging app. What has it been branded as?
32. Which celebrity has signed on to endorse pregnancy test card brand PregaNews?
33. The world's largest toys-focused retailer will make its India debut next year in Bengaluru. Name it?
34. This has become too predictable and boring (although i wish it would happen to me). Who has topped the Forbes list of richest Indians for this year?
35. Which Indian company's Singapore arm has acquired a Chinese FMCG company, Zhongshan Ma Er Daily Products, for an undisclosed amount?
36. Tata Sky has roped in which celebrity as its new brand ambassador?
37. Why were the 3 academics - Chetan Ghate, Pami Dua and Ravindra H Dholakia – in news last week?
38. Which financial house will take over Ambit Alpha Fund, a domestic hedge fund that managed about Rs 1,100 crore worth of equity assets, from homegrown investment banking outfit Ambit?
39. Which sanitary ware manufacturer has announced the launch of its new range of water purifiers under its umbrella brand, moonbow?
40. How many Indian cities have made it to the top 100 Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index 2016?
41. Which Jaipur-based group has entered the women’s garments sector with the launch of the Kashana brand?
42. Noida-based Ringing Bells, makers of the world's cheapest smartphone 'Freedom 251', has roped in which celebrity to promote its loyalty card programme?
43. Which Turkish company has modified a BMW car and given the world its first Transformer?
44. Which paint brand has launched its new campaign, taking forward the brand philosophy of ‘Kam Kharcha, Saalo Saal Charcha’?
45. Which online lingerie retailer has discarded aggregation of brands in favour of becoming a private label business?
46. Which media agency has named Kelly Clark as global CEO?
47. Which media group has appointed Raju Narisetti as CEO?
48. Which MNC is set to introduce a super sports utility vehicle called Urus, customised for Indian roads?
49. The healthcare technology division of which MNC has launched the company's first healthcare accelerator, five.eight, aimed at improving healthcare outcomes for developing economies?
50. Which MNC has acquired Tuplejump, a Hyderabad-based machine learning startup that helps companies to store, process and visualise big data with its unique software?
51. Which MNC is launching its Eikon App Studio in India in collaboration with Zone Startups India, a fintech accelerator?
52. In what appears to be the world's biggest known cyber breach by far, which MNC said that at least 500 million of its accounts were hacked in 2014?
53. Maruti Suzuki has crossed which milestone of cumulative exports?
54. Which Chinese smartphone maker last week announced that it will start to manufacture smartphones in India from next month, in partnership with Flex?
55. Which Hong Kong-based company is planning to launch its smartphone brand Tecno in India by March 2017?
56. Which MNC is planning to launch the world’s first e-commerce satellite next year?
57. Ahead of the festive season, which company has launched its campaign 'Aa Raha Hai Tyohaar Bade Dilwala'?
58. Which automobile MNC has launched the campaign #BeTheBetterGuy?
59. Nikhil Rungta, Housing(dot)com’s CMO, has joined which software company as India MD?
60. Which MNC has emerged as India's biggest hotel chain with 18,000 rooms?