Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
September 6, 2020
Biz Quizzard 858
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 31 - September 05. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has agreed to buy Future Group's retail business across apparel, lifestyle and grocery segment with an investment of about Rs 27,513 crore?
2. Which 2 companies have emerged winners in a tender to supply 250 electric passenger vehicles to the government floated by Energy Efficiency Services?
3. Which food brand has launched the campaign ‘#BoreNoMore’ for its Signature Wraps?
4. This is interesting. Which tyre brand has released a short film on account of International Dog’s Day?
5. Which bank has launched its ‘#ZimmedariSeTayyari’ campaign, where it emphasises the need for individual and collective responsibility?
6. Which brand has launched the campaign ‘#PaneerPackedHaiTohSafeHai’, featuring actress Neena Gupta?
7. Which insurance company has launched the campaign 'Caringly Paws' for pet insurance?
8. The Unified Payments Interface (UPI) crossed which milestone monthly transactions count for the first time in August?
9. Which engineering and digital technology solutions provider will acquire Australian consulting firm IG Partners to strengthen its digital capabilities in the energy and mining industry?
10. Which group is set to become India’s biggest airport operator by number of projects after bagging control of the Mumbai airport and the upcoming Navi Mumbai airport from the GVK Group?
11. Which premium cosmetics maker has acquired organic skin-care and make-up company Vedicare Ayurveda, owner of the SoulTree brand, for an undisclosed amount?
12. Which MNC has agreed to buy Aimmune Therapeutics Inc for $2.6 billion, adding a promising peanut allergy treatment to its portfolio of coffee, snacks and water?
13. Which MNC last week announced it is ending its oldest major sporting sponsorship deal in the world when it ends its contract with Australian rugby league team Canberra Raiders after 9 years?
14. Which life insurer has roped in actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador?
15. 361 Degree Entertainment and Media is set to launch India’s First Integrated OTT Exchange in October 2020. What has it been branded as?
16. Which company has inked a co-branding pact with Bharti Airtel under which prepaid users of the telco will get upto 2GB of free 4G data on purchase of its snack packs from September 1?
17. Which eye care solutions provider has launched the digital campaign ‘Live Better, Live Now’?
18. Which audio accessories brand has roped in actor Aparshakti Khurana for its campaign of its new product range?
19. Which company has launched its latest campaign, ‘#KapdoKiImmunity’, showcasing a set of videos that promote the sanitising feature of its washing machines?
20. Which company has been ranked the world’s No.1 solar energy company by capacity, by energy research firm Mercom Capital Group?
21. Which company will acquire Chicago-based 10th Magnitude, a Cloud specialist focused exclusively on the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform, for an undisclosed amount?
22. Which health insurer has rechristened itself as Care Health Insurance?
23. Which e-commerce company has roped in actor Samantha Akkineni as its brand ambassador in the South?
24. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEE) has announced the launch of India’s 1st ‘Cinema2Home’ (C2H) service on television and digital platforms. What has it been branded as?
25. Which company has released a film as a part of its digital campaign series ‘#CoverTheDistance’ for its health insurance plan?
26. Which e-commerce platform has rolled out its seller-driven campaign ‘Export Apnao, Business Badhao’?
27. According to a report, Kishore Biyani and his family members are barred from re-entering the retail space for how many years, under a non-compete clause?
28. Which early-stage $300-million fund, managed by Falcon Edge cofounder Navroz Udwadia, plans to set up an India investment and operating team for its newly formed corpus?
29. Tata Motors last week launched a new variant ‘XM(S)’ of which model, with premium features, at a starting price of Rs 8.36 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)?
30. The Australian government has appointed which former cricketer as trade envoy for advancing business ties with India?
31. The Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB) has rejected which brand’s plea for the removal of trademark registered in the name of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited?
32. Which Bengaluru-based early-stage venture capital firm has launched a Rs 750-crore ($100 million) early-growth opportunities fund to invest in tech start-ups in India?
33. Which pharma company has forayed into digital platform and will market DrOnA, or an app to bring doctors closer to their patients?
34. Which company has rolled out two digital films to launch its brand new offering, ‘Beautiful Homes Service’?
35. Which company, in its centenary year, has unveiled a new positioning statement and a refreshed brand outlook which says “Colours that Care”?
36. Which disinfectant brand has unveiled its new campaign ‘Safe To Touch’, focusing on the need to clean and disinfect surfaces to keep yourself safe and break the chain of infection?
37. Which audio streaming platform has roped in actor Nagarjuna for its new campaign?
38. Which sports property has unveiled the campaign - ‘Ek Saath Waali Baat’?
39. Which sports brand has launched the film ‘You Can’t Stop Sisters’, featuring the Williams sisters?
40. India last week banned how many additional Chinese-owned apps?
41. Which premium digital learning platform has roped in actor Ranveer Singh as brand ambassador?
42. Srija Chatterjee has resigned as the managing director of which advertising agency?
43. Former ICICI executive Murali Ramakrishnan will take over as the CEO of which bank from October 1 for a three year term, after the RBI approved his appointment?
44. Which MNC has released its first 11th Gen ‘Tiger Lake’ processors for laptops, which will feature new integrated Xe graphics?
45. Which company will acquire US-based product design and development firm Kaleidoscope Innovation for $42 million?
46. The KV Kamath committee has identified how many problem sectors in its report on loan restructuring to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
47. Which MNC has announced the debut of Mo-B, a mascot that represents all things ‘monster’ synonymous with its smartphones series?
48. Which tyre brand has launched a social media campaign #LockdownSpecialist, celebrating the insight that many people have acquired new skills and hobbies during the lockdown period?
49. N Ravi has been elected chairman of which media holding company?
50. Which MNC last week named company veteran Sanket Ray as its new India head?
51. Which MNC has entered into an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Kochi-based Eastern Condiments through its wholly-owned subsidiary?
52. Which private lender last week said its part-time non-executive chairman Rajiv Lall has tendered his resignation with immediate effect?
53. Barely 24 hours after Chinese gaming app PUBG was banned along with many others, which company announced a local alternative of the game, called FAU-G?
54. Janne Einola has resigned as the India country manager at which fashion retail major, citing personal reasons?
55. Which soap brand has released its latest television commercial, 'Apno ki Suraksha'?
56. Which brand has launched a campaign ‘Not just for pros’ for its new ‘Move’ range, marking the brand’s foray into everyday performance wear?
57. Which health insurance company has launched a new digital campaign ‘Baat Kijiye’?
58. Which audio solutions company has roped in actor and singer Diljit Dosanjh as its new brand ambassador?
59. Which honey brand has announced its partnership with Rajasthan Royals as the leading headgear partner?
60. Which business scions are among the Indians who have debuted on Fortune´s ´40 Under 40´ list of influential people around the globe?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 858 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.