Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week May 05 - 10. Hope you enjoy it. Quinkie celebrates its 5th anniversary on May 12. Hearty congratulations to all the members and Murali Duggineni. Biz Quizzard is proud and privileged to be a part of Quinkie.
1. According to a news snippet recently, residents of Canada’s Prince Edward Island rushed into stores to buy which product in a particular packaging format, after a decades-long ban on the particular packaging was lifted?
2. The personal investment vehicle of which business personality last week bought an undisclosed stake in oncology care provider Healthcare Global Enterprises (HCG) for $20 million, the first time it is investing in an unlisted firm?
3. Which IT company has acquired Jaipur-based niche banking software product firm Natural Technologies (NTPL) for Rs 8.39 crore?
4. Which auto MNC will soon launch its premium sports utility vehicle (SUV) Murano in India?
5. Which Indian company has entered into an agreement for acquiring the majority and controlling stake in Malaysia-based Lotus Five Star Cinemas?
6. The move has triggered a deluge of protests. According to reports last week, which two brands from the PepsiCo stable will be endorsed by the Indian Medical Association (IMA)?
7. Which telecom services company has announced a deal with Apple to offer iPhone on its networks in India?
8. Jump Games and Zapak Digital Entertainment Ltd, the gaming divisions of Reliance Entertainment, last week roped in which cricketer for promotions?
9. Which celebrity has been signed on as a brand ambassador for Meridian Mobiles’ flagship brand Fly mobiles?
10. Which automobile company has launched a new marketing initiative titled ‘Ghar Ghar Ki Pehchaan’ for tapping rural markets for its popular model?
11. Which Italian premium motorcycle company last week launched five of its models in India in the price range of Rs 1.3-5 million?
12. Which Indian company has acquired a controlling stake in one of Italy’s leading fabric manufacturers, Klopman, for an enterprise value of $107 million?
13. Which MNC, according to a report last week, has built up a lifestyle product portfolio including jeans styled by MS Dhoni and a Bipasha Basu Collection?
14. According to a news snippet last week, which airline has taken beef off its menu for economy class passengers on most international flights in a bid to avoid offending Hindus?
15. Which news channel last week unveiled its new revamped look with the baseline ‘Zara Sochiye’?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 215 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on email@example.com for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
May 11, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment