Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 03 - 08. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC has won approval from the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deploy and operate its constellation of 3,236 satellites to beam affordable Internet services?
2. Which state-owned iron ore miner said Sumit Deb has assumed charge as chairman-cum-managing director of the company on August 1, 2020?
3. The Centre has appointed SN Rajeswari as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of which state-owned general insurer?
4. Which beverage brand has launched a campaign asking the youth to ‘Chill Karo and Phir Start Karo’ (Chill and start again), featuring actress Disha Patani?
5. Which cement company has launched a digital campaign ‘Stories of Wonder’ highlighting the contribution and added value the dealer network brings?
6. Which beverage brand paid a tribute to friends across the nation by launching a special piece of content in collaboration with popular singer Knox Artiste?
7. For Raksha Bandhan, which MNC introduced a virtual rakhi, ‘#TweetAPromise’?
8. Which life insurance company launched the digital campaign #RishtonKiRaksha (protection of relationships), showcasing the different ways of protecting the brother-sister bond?
9. Which flower and gifts retailer celebrated the ‘nok jhonk bandhan’ (sweet and sour bond) between siblings that over the years, transforms into a stronger bond?
10. Which business group has identified 9 businesses as the next set of growth engines, each having a potential to achieve $1 billion in sales and expected to be primed for public listing in the next 2-5 years?
11. Which company last week said its unit has launched remdesivir injection under the brand name ‘JUBI-R’ in the Indian market at Rs 4,700 per vial of 100 mg?
12. The number of bank accounts opened under the government's flagship financial inclusion drive Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), launched about six years ago, has crossed which milestone count?
13. Which MNC, the world’s largest convenience store franchiser, has agreed to buy Marathon Petroleum Corp’s Speedway gas stations for $21 billion?
14. Mr N Venkatramani, 80, died recently following a brief illness. He was the chairman and managing director of which auto parts maker?
15. Which company, the oldest US department store, has filed for Chapter 11 protection in Richmond, Virginia, and will submit a reorganisation plan with the court?
16. Which MNC has launched 4 ads - 'Young Parents', 'Roommates', 'Grandparents' and 'Doctor' - as part of the next phase of its consumer marketing campaign in India?
17. Which mouth freshener brand has launched a short video 'Relive the Memories' to celebrate the idea of 'Friendship'?
18. For Friendship Day, which skincare brand launched a campaign listing three types of friends - one who buzzes with freshness, one who's spotlessly clean and one who has always got your back?
19. Which confectionery brand has rolled out out a digital campaign ‘#FreshWaysToConnect’ about friends new and old who enriched lives over the last few months?
20. As per NPCI’s communication to RBI, which fintech platform has complied with the 5 pending data localisation parameters that were needed before it could launch its payment services in the country?
21. Which bike taxi platform launched a new campaign’ #PromiseofProtection’, showcasing its commitment to the safety and protection of its users?
22. Microsoft said its video meet app will now limit the size of interactive meetings to 1,000 participants, with a seamless shift to a ‘view only’ mode after the limit is met, for up to how many participants?
23. How many Indian startups are unicorns (startups valued at $1 billion or more), according to Hurun Global Unicorn List?
24. Which company has acquired 100 per cent stake in actor Deepika Padukone´s fashion brand, All About You, for an undisclosed amount?
25. Which company has announced the launch of its full-touch smartwatch ‘Connected X’ on Amazon India during Prime Day on August 6?
26. Which furniture and home products retailer has launched its new campaign titled ‘Swadeshi Is Great’, to promote and celebrate Indian artisans?
27. Which state tourism board has launched the ‘#BufferMeinSafar’ campaign for wildlife lovers?
28. Which company has announced its first digital campaign ‘#ThePerrierConfluence’ in India, for its French brand – Perrier?
29. Swedish singer Zara Larsson announced last week that she had ended her collaboration with which MNC to promote its smartphones, saying China "is not a nice state"?
30. One of the most anticipated appointments. Who will succeed Aditya Puri as managing director and CEO of HDFC Bank?
31. Which company has signed a multi-year pact with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer a comprehensive set of cloud solutions, with a special focus on SME customers in India?
32. Ajay Tyagi has been given an extension as chairman of which regulatory body for another 18 months?
33. Which MNC bike maker is downsizing its operations in India and understood to have laid off workers as business has slowed down in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic?
34. Which company last week announced its entry into the compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) segment with ‘Urban Cruiser’ that will be unveiled during the upcoming festive season?
35. Which financial services company has unveiled its new brand tagline ‘Count on Us’?
36. Which fantasy sports gaming platform has announced its global launch, including in India, and has roped in cricketers Harmanpreet Kaur and Suresh Raina as global brand ambassadors?
37. Which music and audio streaming service has launched its latest multi-channel marketing campaign ‘We Are India'?
38. Which bank has launched the campaign 'Kuch Naya Socho'?
39. Which company has stepped into the Rs 500-crore ready-to-cook condiments space with its first sales channel for the ready-to-cook sauces and pastes franchise called ‘ChefBoss’?
40. Which education technology platform’s holding company has acquired Mumbai-based WhiteHat Jr in a $300 million all-cash transaction?
41. The centre last week appointed former lieutenant governor of Jammu and Kashmir GC Murmu to which position?
42. Which online beauty brand has acquired women focused content and influencer business POPxo?
43. Which MNC has introduced a new Your Phone app that will help users access their Android phone apps directly from their desktops running Windows 10?
44. KPMG in India will collaborate with which India-based ed-tech platform to deliver a range of virtual sessions on multiple data science tools and technologies?
45. Which Minneapolis-based fintech company is testing its buy-now-pay-later service in India for a potential launch at the end of the year?
46. Which beverage brand has launched its new campaign “Karne se hee hona hai” (Only doing will make it possible)?
47. Which consumer product company has announced the launch of the ‘Protect’ range of surface disinfectant sprays?
48. Which computer accessories manufacturer and distributor has roped in actor and director Rajat Kapoor as brand ambassador?
49. Mahak Group has launched a new campaign ‘Mint Nahi Hint Hai’ for which candy brand?
50. ITC's food business has crossed which sales milestone in FY20?
51. Which Gurugram-based online used car platform has bought out rival Truebil for an undisclosed amount?
52. Which company will provide Covid-19 vaccine at $3, or about Rs 225, per dose to India and 92 other low and middle income countries as part of a partnership with Gavi and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?
53. Parle Agro has moved the Bombay High Court against which MNC for selling an apple drink with “deceptively similar mark” as its Appy Fizz?
54. Which private equity firm has backed off a plan to become a sponsor of India Grid Trust, or IndiGrid, an infrastructure investment trust (InvIT)?
55. Which Murugappa Group company is set to acquire a controlling stake in the scam-hit CG Power for Rs 700 crore in the form of shares and warrants?
56. Which MNC last week globally unveiled its compact SUV ‘Sonet’, which will be introduced in India ahead of the upcoming festive season?
57. Which company is planning to launch the world´s first 5G network based on open radio access network (RAN) technology in September in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka to begin with?
58. Walmart Labs, the tech arm of the US retail giant, launched its new global identity. What will it be now known as?
59. Which company has launched a new campaign ‘#StandByNursingMoms’ for Breastfeeding Week?
60. Clorox just named Linda Rendle as its new chief executive, bringing the number of women CEOs on the Fortune 500 list to which new record count?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 854 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.