Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 26 - 31. Hope you enjoy it.
1. George Varghese has been named chief executive of which media group?
2. Which brand of Britannia Industries cannot be trademarked, according to a ruling by the Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB), India’s patent appeals board?
3. Joe King has been appointed as the head of Indian operations of which automobile MNC?
4. AK Bal, former deputy chairman of Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT), has been appointed as CEO of which infrastructure and mining major?
5. Mr Neelkanth Kalyani, 87, died recently. He was the founder of which well known company?
6. Which consulting firm has appointed Pradeep Mukerjee as country head and chief executive officer for India?
7. Zee TV network is launching another general entertainment channel. What has it been branded as?
8. Nike has launched a new campaign “Possibilities” as part of the 25th anniversary of which well known campaign?
9. Which Indian company has launched what it claimed was the world’s first clinically proven typhoid conjugate vaccine, Typbar – TCV, for infants above six-months as well as adults?
10. Domino’s Pizza last week inaugurated its 600th restaurant at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi. The restaurant brings to India which new globally launched concept by the brand?
11. Southwest Airlines tops the list of world’s biggest low-cost carriers (LCC) by seats offered, according to a recent report by CAPA-Centre for Aviation. Which airline from India is ranked 10th on the list?
12. Which international drug firm has appointed Edgard Olaizola as the company's managing director for operations in India and Sri Lanka with effect from September 1?
13. Leading denim maker Arvind Ltd plans to launch an apparel brand next year, marking its entry in the Rs 2,000-crore organised branded apparel market. Name the brand?
14. Which celebrity has been appointed brand ambassador for Pond’s Gold Radiance?
15. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) has crossed which milestone mark in small commercial vehicles (SCVs) sales in India?
16. Who is the world's top-earning celebrity, according to a new Forbes list?
17. Which MNC has bought image search specialty startup IQ Engines to add the company's technology to its photo service?
18. Ashok Vemuri, the head of Infosys’ North American operations and a member of its board, has resigned and is likely to join which company as CEO?
19. Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called?
20. Which city has been named the world's most liveable city for the third year in a row, according to a survey of 140 cities released this month by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)?
21. Which MNC has appointed Christian de Faria as chief executive officer (CEO) for its Africa operations, with effect from January 1, 2014?
22. Times Television Network will launch a new English entertainment channel, which will show both movies and serials in the romance and comedy genres. What has it been branded as?
23. Sushil Maroo has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer and Director of which London-listed company?
24. Who has stepped down as chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
25. Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have been roped in as the new brand ambassadors of which shampoo brand?
26. Dinesh K Sarraf, Managing Director, ONGC Videsh Ltd. (OVL), has been selected by the Public Enterprise Selection Board (PESB) to be the next CMD of which company?
27. GV Keshav Reddy, the scion of the GVK group, has teamed up with Ishaan Dodhiwala to launch a brand of India-inspired products. Name the brand?
28. Which brand has launched its new campaign ‘Power of 49’?
29. Which MNC has acquired social analytics company Trendrr to enhance its offerings in the entertainment industry?
30. Which automobile brand is being advertised with the positioning ‘My thing Everything!’?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 492 as the subject.
Post a Comment