Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 19 - 24. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Vedanta Resources Group has merged which 2 subsidiaries in India?
2. Which real estate major has bought out its equity partner, American global investment firm Farallon Capital, in seven projects for nearly Rs 1,200 crore?
3. Forbes has released its latest list of the highest paid sports persons on the planet. Who has topped the list?
4. Which automobile brand has launched its new television commercial titled 'Apni Film Ka Superstar'?
5. Realty developer Lodha Group has roped which celebrity as brand ambassador for its 17.5-acre premium project The Park in central Mumbai’s Worli?
6. Which MNC has elevated Vikas Chawla, vice-president (operations), India, as the head of Europe effective September 1?
7. Which MNC airline has appointed Ivan Chu as its new CEO, effective next March?
8. Which European brand communications company, headquartered in Amsterdam, has announced its entry into the Indian market?
9. Which company will be the presenting sponsor for Sunburn, Asia’s biggest music festival, this year?
10. Which brand has roped in Nargis Fakhri as its women’s fitness ambassador?
11. Rolls-Royce has announced the launch of the most powerful model from its stable, in India. Name the brand?
12. Which MNC has shut down its email services in China to support its partner?
13. Which Swedish engineering group is buying British industrial technology firm Edwards Group for up to $ 1.6 billion?
14. Which airport has become the first in India to get its very own 6D cinema?
15. Which MNC’s patent for a Gaze Tracking System became public recently?
16. Which MNC has dethroned its Finnish counterpart Nokia as India’s largest mobile phone maker / seller in the last fiscal year?
17. Which networking site said it would open its website to minors for the first time starting on September 12, allowing kids as young as 13 to sign up for the service in most countries?
18. Which MNC last week unveiled its all-new premium compact sports utility vehicle (SUV) Terrano for the Indian market?
19. Mr Jyotirbhaskar Jayant Salgaonkar passed away last week. He was the founder of which well known publishing / print brand?
20. Anand Mahindra ranks 3rd among the world’s top five non-tech chief executive officers using social media to drive business, according to a study by Hootsuite. Who tops the list?
21. What world-first achievement is being claimed by Castrol RX Super Max Fuel Save, a new engine oil from Castrol?
22. A foundation stone was laid last week for what is being claimed as the world's largest solar park. Which location?
23. Maruti Suzuki has launched a new version of its WagonR compact. What has it been branded as?
24. Which company is tying up with Manchester United to become the football club’s ‘official tyre partner’ in UK and India?
25. Which MNC has sued its longtime brand ambassador Virat Kohli, alleging breach of an endorsement contract?
26. Nishi Vasudeva is all set to create history by becoming the first woman chief of a navaratna PSU. Which PSU?
27. Which MNC has joined hands with Ericsson, MediaTek, Nokia, Opera, Qualcomm and Samsung to establish internet.org, a global partnership with the goal of making Internet access available to the next five billion people?
28. Which consumer goods firm has acquired Nomarks, the country’s second largest anti-marks brand, from Delhi-based Ozone Ayurvedics to make a foray into the skin-care market?
29. Vimal, the textile brand of Reliance Industries, is trying to declare the end of ties and “stereotypical formals” with launch of a new range. What has it been branded as?
30. Which country has bypassed Japan to become the world’s third largest Internet user, according to a report by global digital measurement and analytics firm comScore?
31. Which MNC is buying a majority stake in Bangalore-based software service provider for securities and currency trades, Omnesys Technologies, for an undisclosed amount?
32. In one of the largest deals in the domestic IT services space, Baring Private Equity Asia will buy a controlling stake in which firm for Rs 2,745 crore (about $420 million)?
33. Which well known MNC has announced that it’s CEO will retire within the next 12 months?
34. Commercial vehicle maker Ashok Leyland has launched a new engine platform that promises better life and fuel efficiency. What has it been branded as?
35. Tata Motors has launched a new variant of Tata Safari Storme. What has it been sub-branded as?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 491 as the subject.