Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 16 - 21. Hope you enjoy it.
1. The Advertising Standards Council of India has asked Bharti SoftBank to withdraw a commercial for its free messaging app Hike Messenger. Why is this unique?
2. A Dutch firm unveiled a new smartphone, called Fairphone, in London last week. Why is this making news?
3. Which media agency has appointed Anupriya Acharya as group CEO for India?
4. Royal Philips has extended its brand licence agreement with PE Electronics for its television business in India till December. PE Electronics is a subsidiary of which business group?
5. As announced earlier, Titan has forayed into the Rs 2,000-crore fragrances market in India. Name the brand?
6. Which company has tied up with RP Group Hotels & Resorts to manage five hotels in India and Dubai?
7. Which US broadcaster, that airs news, documentaries and other shows related to weather, is looking to enter India through a joint venture by the end of 2013?
8. Which business personality has retained the top spot in the new annual Forbes 400 wealthiest Americans list?
9. TVS Motor Company (TVSM) has unveiled a new scooter aimed at male buyers. What has it been branded as?
10. Which business school from India has debuted on the Financial Times ‘Masters in Management’ global rankings for the first time, securing the 19th spot?
11. Which entity launched a new chocolate ‘Dairy Dream’ in Mangalore on September 18?
12. Tom Albanese, the former CEO of British-Australian metals and mining corporation Rio Tinto, is joining which business group as a chairman of its subsidiary?
13. Which country inaugurated the highest airport in the world last week?
14. Tamil Nadu-based media publication Kasturi & Sons, which publishes The Hindu newspaper, has launched its first regional newspaper after 135 years. What has the Tamil daily been branded as?
15. Movie theatres chain Fame cinemas is being rebranded. What will it be known as?
16. The Trump Organization, led by US billionaire and property mogul Donald Trump, has tied up with which Mumbai-based group for developing the Trump Tower in Mumbai?
17. Which company has sold 74% stake in TN highway project to IDFC infra fund for Rs 222 crore?
18. Which company has introduced two wrist watches for men and women – Automatic & Opera - in the Kerala market to coincide with Onam festival?
19. I think i have already covered this. Siyaram Silk Mills has roped in which celebrity as the brand ambassador for their parent brand Siyaram's Suitings and Shirtings?
20. AirAsia will offer one million free seats from Kuala Lumpur to domestic and international destinations to celebrate which milestone?
21. Which MNC has tied up with IIT Madras, Karunya and Shiv Nadar universities to deploy its 'smarter computing' technology?
22. Which wind turbine maker will sell 75 per cent stake in its Chinese subsidiary for USD 28 million?
23. Which FMCG firm has entered the male grooming market with the launch of OxyLife Men Creme Bleach and a male professional facial bleach, targeting the men's beauty salon and parlour market?
24. Which California-based company has launched 'Face Match', a software that assesses the extent to which a photo on an ID used for online transaction matches customer's actual face?
25. Which Indian business personality has been nominated as a member of the board of trustees of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, an American think-tank?
26. Mr Eiji Toyoda, 100, died in Japan last week. He was the former president and chairman of which MNC?
27. Mr Hiroshi Yamauchi, 85, died in Japan last week. He was the former president of which MNC?
28. Anurag Batra of Exchange4media and investment banker Vikram Jhunjhunwala, who is representing a set of investors, have bought which publication brand?
29. Mr TV Narendran has been named as the managing director designate of which company?
30. This is a venture which should have taken off long back. Which business group is entering into a partnership with Singapore Airlines to launch a full-service airline in India?
31. A new bank was opened in China last week. What is unique about it?
32. Which business group has sold off its entire stake of 29.79 per cent in Norcros plc, an LSE-listed and brand owner of Johnson tiles and Triton bathroom accessories?
33. Which is the only Indian entity which has managed to find a place in the list of ten best companies for leadership in Asia, compiled by global consultancy firm Hay Group?
34. Nikhil Nanda has been appointed managing director of which company?
35. Which MNC has bought Mumbai-based Cheryl’s Cosmeceuticals for an undisclosed amount to enter the professional salon skincare market?
36. Which DTH company has roped in actor Mohanlal as its brand ambassador for Kerala?
37. The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) has elected Ravindra Pisharod as its new chairman. He is the executive director of which company?
38. Which business group last week announced its foray into the higher education sector with the inauguration of its first engineering institution in Hyderabad?
39. Who has been chosen for AAAI's (Advertising Agencies Association of India's) Lifetime Achievement Award this year?
40. Which sales milestone has Maruti Suzuki Ertiga crossed in Indian market?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 495 as the subject.