Sample question (Q 29, Biz Quizzard 438) : Which brand is claiming to be the first car brand selling its merchandise through Ebay.in? Answer: Tata Nano
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 23 - 28. Hope you enjoy it.
1. H&R Johnson (India) has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador for Johnson Tiles?
2. Ajit Varghese has been elevated as Asia Pacific CEO of which media agency?
3. Japanese packaging machinery maker Omori Machinery Co will purchase a 51% stake in which Mumbai-based packaging solutions provider for Rs 200 crore?
4. Which Mumbai-headquartered arbitration and commercial practice law firm and Pune-based litigation firm Nehru & Co have decided to merge and form a new entity?
5. At Rs 56.3 crore each, who have emerged as the top-paid executives of listed Indian companies in the last fiscal?
6. Which company has elevated Pawan Goenka as Executive Director?
7. Which MNC has elevated Sanjeev Chadha as its chief executive officer for the Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region?
8. Which telecom company has roped in Punjabi actor and singer, Gippy Grewal as its brand ambassador?
9. Which company has partnered with design firm iAccy to launch smartphone cases, imprinted with digital signature of master blaster Sachin Tendulkar?
10. Which MNC has agreed in principle to be acquired by a consortium led by its biggest shareholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings, for $4.7 billion?
11. Which retailer has entered the intensely competitive tablet market with a low-priced own brand product ‘Hudl’?
12. R Sridhar has quit as the managing director and chief executive of which finance firm?
13. Swedish firm SCA Hygiene has finally stepped into India. It is the world’s second-largest maker of which product?
14. SKS Microfinance Ltd, the only listed microfinance institution (MFI) in the country, has signed on which well known marketing strategist for its rebranding and repositioning work?
15. Which international magazine brand is celebrating its 125th anniversary?
16. Which company, in a joint venture with health science firm Saarum Innovations, has set up India’s first commercial bio-bank?
17. American engineering giant Emerson Group will buy which Pune-based company for about $450 million?
18. Anand Kripalu is joining which company as its CEO designate?
19. The Oil Ministry has roped in which two sports personalities to help government spread the message of fuel conservation?
20. Which company has launched India’s first coffee-flavoured carbonated beverage?
21. Which company has tied up with Saudi Aramco and General Electric (GE) to set up the first all-female business process outsourcing (BPO) centre in Saudi Arabia?
22. Which MNC is forming a $ 79-million videogame venture with Chinese company BesTV New Media Co?
23. Danish company JBS Textile Group is producing which international celebrity’s own line of undergarments?
24. Which automobile company has tied up with the country’s largest cab company Carzonrent to offer self-drive options in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore?
25. The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence 2012-13 were announced last week. Who is the Business Leader for the year?
26. Car audio systems maker Blaupunkt has roped in which celebrity as its brand ambassador for India?
27. Which business school has launched its first hybrid model of executive education programme, in association with the Biocon Foundation?
28. Fiat last week made a foray into the entry-level sedan segment with the launch of a new version of its Linea sedan. What has it been sub-branded as?
29. Nokia India last week unveiled its much-anticipated 41 megapixel camera phone. What has it been branded as?
30. Which business school has secured the top rank for its Finance course among 70 major global business schools in the Financial Times Global Masters in Management 2013 survey?
31. Which MNC has reached a deal to buy online and mobile payments technology provider Braintree for $800 million in cash?
32. Which MNC has reportedly inked an Rs 10-crore per annum endorsement deal with Virat Kohli?
33. Who has been awarded the Fifth Deutsche Bank Prize for Financial Economics 2013?
34. Google has introduced a new search algorithm. What has it been branded as?
35. JP Chalasani has quit as the CEO of which company?
36. Which Indian company has bought US-based Econocaribe Consolidators for about $50 million (Rs 312.25 crore)?
37. The Indian Newspaper Society (INS) has elected Ravindra Kumar as president. He represents which newspaper?
38. US private equity firm KKR & Co will initially pay about 165 billion yen ($ 1.67 billion) for the healthcare unit of which MNC?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 496 as the subject.