Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 09 - 14. Hope you enjoy it.
1. The Sahara Group has entered into a long-term alliance with which business group to expand the Q Shop retail chain in Delhi through Super Bazar outlets?
2. Which company has joined hands with Andreas Froese, a German ecologist from Honduras, Central America, to build an educational-cum-recreational facility using PET bottles in Redhill, Chennai?
3. Which beverage major in India has joined hands with Tetra Pak, the world leader in food processing and packaging solutions, to introduce a revolutionary 'bottle pack'?
4. Which US company has agreed to acquire the parent company of rival Global Tower Partners for about $3.3 billion?
5. Which company has inked a 70:30 joint venture with Kenya-based diversified business house Sameer Group to tap the growth potential in the fast-growing African wellness market?
6. Suntory Beverage & Food has agreed to buy the Lucozade and Ribena drink brands from which MNC for about 1.35 billion pounds ($2.1 billion)?
7. Which MNC will buy electrical transformers and switch-gear maker Vijai Electricals for $200 million (Rs 1,280 crore)?
8. Tractebel Engineering has acquired Chennai-based Cethar Consulting Engineers. Tractebel is the consultancy arm of which French energy major?
9. Which MNC has agreed to acquire mobile advertising exchange startup MoPub Inc?
10. Apple’s new iPhone 5C will be available in how many colours?
11. Which MNC has launched the world’s first Cricket Mode television?
12. Which company has agreed to buy the Gujarat cement plants of Delhi-based Jaiprakash Associates (JAL)?
13. US-based Endurance International Group will be acquiring a part of which Mumbai-based domain name registrar?
14. Which company is set to create a splash in the country’s edible oil market with its olive oil brand Oleev?
15. Which MNC has entered the men’s skin whitening product space under its Dynamite brand of grooming products for men?
16. Which celebrity will endorse the new BoroPlus face wash range?
17. Which MNC has launched a new SUV version called ’The Boss’?
18. Indians have voted which city as the world's best city for doing business and for living purpose, according to a study by market research company Ipsos?
19. STAR India is launching a new English general entertainment channel (GEC) on September 24. What has it been branded as?
20. Pernod Ricard India has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador for its vodka brand Seagram's Fuel?
21. Which jewellery house has roped in Hasleen Kaur, former Femina Miss India Earth 2011, as their new brand ambassador?
22. Which company will acquire a majority stake in Hyderabad-based digital agency PennyWise Solutions?
23. Which company has launched an intermediate commercial vehicle, a truck, branded Boss?
24. Nokia released a low-cost device with which language capability in the country last week?
25. Partha Rakshit, proprietor, Partha Rakshit Associates, has been elected as the chairman of which industry body?
26. Which Indian business personality has been ranked 27th in the Singapore's 50 Richest List for 2013 by Forbes?
27. Which American inventor, audio pioneer, and founder of a well known company, died in his home in San Francisco last week?
28. Which hospitality major will be celebrating its 30 years in India this month?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 494 as the subject.