Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 02 - 07. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company is investing in an advanced modular product (AMP) platform, internally called ‘X4’, to regain its market share?
2. Its goodbye to another service. British telecom giant BT has pulled out which service in UK?
3. Which company has forayed into mobile gaming with launch of Tiny Mogul Games?
4. Which skincare brand has launched a campaign titled ‘Kiss and Make Up’ to promote its lip balm collection?
5. This is a big deal. Which company has agreed to acquire Vodafone Group Plc’s 45% stake to take full control of the US wireless business in a $130 billion transaction?
6. Which Srei Group firm, which acquired DPSC from state-owned Andrew Yule in 2010, has merged DPSC with itself?
7. Anuj Agarwal will be the new chief executive of which insurance firm?
8. On September 2nd, which business group became the first Indian business house to cross the Rs 6 lakh crore mark in market valuation?
9. Kolkata-based media group Anandabazar Patrika (ABP) has put which magazine on the block?
10. Which MNC has agreed to buy Nokia’s handset unit and license its patents for €5.44 billion ($7.2 billion)?
11. Future Group founder Kishore Biyani has come up with a new business model wherein company franchisees will visit customers to take orders. What is it called?
12. Hyundai Motor India last week launched its new compact car. What has it been branded as?
13. What has Google’s next Android version been branded as?
14. Which NYSE-listed firm has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held software company Actix for approximately $120 million?
15. Which MNC celebrated its 15th birthday on September 4?
16. Which pharma major has taken over the entire stake in Unichem’s Pithampur SEZ-based plant?
17. Which global real estate advisor has taken over real estate advisor company Lemongrass Advisors in a unique deal, reportedly done for the first time in India?
18. Which cosmetics firm plans to expand its presence in tier 2 and 3 towns with its mass brand – Street Wear?
19. Which UK-based auto magazine is all set to hit the stands in India by the end of September?
20. Which FMCG company has opened its first ayurvedic clinic near Kolkata?
21. Which watch brand has launched a television commercial featuring Swiss balance artist Maedir Eugster? (brand and sub-brand needed)
22. Swipe Telecom has teamed up with which well known youth brand to launch India’s first Quadcore, 3G calling 7.85” IPS display Tablet PC?
23. Which business group last week appointed Nitin Nohria, the Dean of Harvard Business School, as non-executive director on its board?
24. Which Kerala-based business group has announced its entry into the wellness foods industry with ‘Soukyam’ range of food products?
25. Television channel Colors has announced the launch of the Indian adaptation of The House That Made Me, in association with which brand?
26. Mumbai hotel Shangri La has been rebranded. What is the new name?
27. What is unique about the new Amul butter TVC?
28. Which e-commerce site last week launched a promotion offering onions at Rs 9/kg?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 493 as the subject.