Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week January 20 - 25. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which generic drug maker has signed a binding offer agreement to acquire the commercial operations of Dublin-based Actavis in seven western European countries?
2. Which US firm will be tapping the weight loss foods segment in India by launching part of its range through Capital Foods?
3. Which company has decided to relinquish the music rights of the soon-to-be-released Hindi movie One By Two in the wake of a campaign waged by music composers, singers and lyricists?
4. Global retail giant Walmart has registered a new company in India after parting ways with Bharti Enterprises. What has the company been named? (easily workable)
5. Tata Motors is introducing a new turbo-charged petrol engine family. What has it been branded as?
6. US-based company Silent Circle and Geeksphone, a Spanish handset maker, are developing a smartphone called Blackphone. What is its claim to fame?
7. Which company will start selling breast cancer drug 'CANMAb', developed jointly with US-based Mylan, in the country from next month?
8. Which pharma major has appointed Sameer Goel as head of its India operations?
9. Which infrastructure major has announced the appointment of Darren Yeates as the Chief Executive Officer for its Australian operations?
10. Decor Aviation Private, one of the largest domestic airport ground handling companies, is floating a new airline. What has it been branded as?
11. PC maker Dell has joined the tablet race in India with the launch of its latest family of tablets. What is it branded as?
12. Which MNC has acquired Impermium, a startup focused on building security products for websites?
13. Suzuki Motorcycle India last week launched a 250 cc motorcycle. What has it been branded as?
14. Which MNC has expanded its range of motorcycles in India with the launch of Z800 model?
15. Kareena Kapoor has been roped in as brand ambassador for which tea brand?
16. The government of which nation is issuing a limited collectors' edition coin dedicated to the Tirupati Balaji?
17. KKR & Co. and Affinity Equity Partners have agreed to sell South Korea's Oriental Brewery back to which MNC for $5.8 billion?
18. Developers of Entertainment City, Noida, have roped in which company to set up the country’s largest superplex with 15 screens?
19. Which company has entered the pain management category with products - Infraphil and InfraCare?
20. Rajeev Vasudeva has been appointed the CEO of which executive search firm?
21. Which lighting company has entered the fans category in the country?
22. Which Indian business personality will receive the 2014 Othmer Gold Medal at the Chemical Heritage Foundation on May 15?
23. L’Oréal Paris has roped in which celebrity as its new brand ambassador in India?
24. Polaris India, wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Polaris Industries Inc, last week forayed into the Indian market with the launch of which iconic motorcycle brand?
25. Which company is celebrating 75 years of 'Serving Society Through Science'?
26. Which city has remained the most attractive IT/ITeS outsourcing location in the world, according to the latest annual ranking by consulting firm Tholons?
27. Cumbria University in the UK has become the first public varsity in the world to do what?
28. Which hospitality major has opened the tallest hotel in North America?
29. Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has crossed which important milestone recently?
30. Indian-origin academician Rakesh Khurana has been appointed dean of which well known institution?
31. Which MNC has agreed to buy International Business Machines Corp’s low-end server business for $2.3 billion?
32. Japan’s largest diagnostics company Arkray has entered into an agreement to buy out the in-vitro diagnostics business of which Surat-based company for close to Rs 100 crore?
33. Molson Coors Cobra India last week launched which iconic British beer brand in the country?
34. Which MNC has acquired patents once owned by smartphone maker Palm Inc. from Hewlett-Packard for an undisclosed amount?
35. Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the latest small car from its stable. What has it been branded as?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 513 as the subject.