Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week October 27 - November 01. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company is buying food logistics startup Brattle Foods in a cash, stock and debt deal?
2. Which MNC is transferring its Sanyo television unit in the US, which supplies sets to Walmart Stores, to Funai Electric of Japan in return for annual royalty payments?
3. Which MNC has put in motion plans to manufacture a premium sports utility vehicle in India under a project codenamed M6 or 556?
4. Which MNC is setting up its first cloud data centre in India at Navi Mumbai to gain a bigger share of the cloud computing market in the country?
5. India remains the world’s fourth largest steel producer in the first nine months of the current year, according to World Steel Association (WSA) data. Which country is the largest?
6. Which company has unveiled a brand campaign ‘Zindagi ka Sound Track’?
7. Which company will buy 49 percent of Texas-based Kalon Biotherapeutics LLC, which has expertise in manufacturing vaccines used against Ebola and other public-health threats?
8. Which international celebrity is partnering with Fisher-Price to launch the First Steps collection, a line of baby toys, as well as a Web series for moms?
9. Which general insurance brand has launched a campaign that revolves around a character named ‘Choice Chinnappa’?
10. Which MNC has launched a two-minute video titled ‘The Silent Couple’ on account of Breast Cancer Awareness Week?
11. New Call Telecom, a UK-based Internet service provider, has acquired a 70% stake in which India-headquartered company for about $175 million?
12. Hyundai Motor India will stop producing which model from the last week of November?
13. Which company has acquired personal finance platform, moneysights?
14. Which travel firm has acquired Canada's Brainhunter Systems for an undisclosed sum?
15. Which company has bagged the Rs 2,989-crore order to build the Statue of Unity project at Sadhu-Bet Island in Gujarat?
16. Microsoft Devices last week launched a new entry level dual-sim mobile phone in the country. What has it been branded as?
17. Which MNC has made its way into wearables, unveiling the new `Smartband SWB100', which will allow users to track daily exercise, sleep and heart rate?
18. Which MNC has bought a luxury duplex apartment overlooking the Arabian Sea in south Mumbai's Mahalaxmi locality for around Rs 60 crore?
19. Chennai-based ReGen Powertech has come up with a made-for-India wind turbine with a capacity of 2.8 MW. What is its claim to fame?
20. Which MNC has topped Nestle and ITC to become India’s third-largest consumer products maker after nearly doubling its sales in the country in the last three years?
21. Which portal has launched a commercial, a rap song called Jaana hai bhaiyya - Jhumri Talaiyya, featuring actor Shreyas Talpade, to promote its mobile app?
22. Which MNC is buying online comedy service Rooftop Media, a small deal that underscores its broader ambition of becoming a media and entertainment powerhouse?
23. Which apparel brand has come out with its first TVC to present the AutoFit Series – a range of shirts and trousers for men and women?
24. Abhijit Avasthi has put in his papers as the national creative director of which advertising agency?
25. ViZ Security, a Bangalore startup that has developed a cloud-based ethical hacking product, has been acquired by which NASA-backed company?
26. Which company has acquired Information Systems Resource Centre (ISRC), the Pune-based software export unit of Otis Elevator Co?
27. Which brand from the stable of global leader in consumer health and hygiene, RB (formerly called Reckitt Benckiser), has launched a new campaign “Ab Montu Bolega”?
28. Which country has remained the most bullish consumer market, according to the survey by global information and insights company Nielsen?
29. Which celebrity is New York City’s Global Welcome Ambassador for 2014–2015?
30. Which company has launched a campaign to promote its new offering – oven-baked Subwich?
31. Which well known university is currently in the process of firming up the licensing agreements in India for its merchandise?
32. Which MNC has become the first corporate customer for Pepper, the chatty, bug-eyed androids unveiled in June by tech conglomerate SoftBank?
33. Which company has become the highest ranked Indian energy firm on this year's Platts Global 250 Ranking?
34. Which country is home to the largest section of high-earning expatriates in the world, according to the seventh Expat Explorer survey commissioned by HSBC Expat?
35. Which is the only Indian company to find a place in the Boston Consulting Group's (BCG) global list of top 50 most innovative firms this year?
36. Which company is changing its name to Northern India Sugar?
37. Chinese handset maker OPPO has launched OPPO R5 in India. What is its claim to fame?
38. Which brand has launched a new ad titled ‘Dump Them, Move On’?
39. Which paint brand has unveiled ‘copper orange’ as the colour of 2015?
40. Which railway station has become the first station in the country to have WiFi facility for providing high speed internet to passengers?
41. Microsoft has forayed into the wearable technology with a device that will allow users to monitor their fitness and exercise regime. What has it been branded as?
42. Which company has become the world’s third-largest smartphone vendor just three years after first hitting the market?
43. Alejandro Bernabe is the new CEO of which hospitality major?
44. Which four companies have made it to the Economic Times’ India's Best Boards list this year?
45. Which film production company turned 36 years old last week?
46. Which chain is all set to offer a new version of its signature Whopper sandwich when it launches in India next month?
47. Which entertainment destination has launched a new campaign with the tagline ‘Kahaaniyan Banti Hain’?
48. Which insurance company has appointed Naveen Tahilyani as its chief executive and managing director from January 2015?
49. Which company will acquire a majority stake in Chennai-based Asirvad Micro-finance Private Ltd. (AMPL), a firm in which Lok Capital has a 24 per cent stake?
50. Which Indian entertainment company has ventured into the mobile handset market in association with Shachii Gizmo Ltd?
51. Which company has signed a joint venture with the 55-year-old Italian Ferrari Logistics to offer logistic services to diamonds, gems, jewellery and luxury business houses in India?
52. Which company has donated $2 million to the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) in the US to help visiting scientists and scholars advance their research?
53. The official YouTube channel of Yash Raj Films (YRF), a leading film production company, has crossed which milestone in terms of number of views?
54. Which business group has formed a joint venture with Dunnhumby, a data analysis company owned by British retailer Tesco, to develop and sell customer insights to clients in India?
55. Which entity has topped the list of world's premiere 300 cooperatives, according to the World Cooperative Monitor's latest report for 2014?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 553 as the subject.