Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 05 - 10. Hope you enjoy it.
1. IBT Media is buying which well known publication from IAC/ InterActiveCorp?
2. Which company is preparing to become the first anti-virus software company to list in India?
3. Which company has agreed to sell The Boston Globe to the principal owner of the Boston Red Sox baseball team for $70 million in cash?
4. Siyaram Silk Mills has roped in which celebrity as its brand ambassador for Oxemberg brand of apparels?
5. Sameer Suneja will be the new global CEO of which MNC?
6. Which company has become the first Indian airline to order Boeing 737 Max planes?
7. The owner of courier company M/ s Blue Bird in Kolkata was arrested recently. Why did this make news?
8. Which foreign tourism board has launched a romantic novel, 'Hold My Hand', in India to promote tourism?
9. Which business personality has agreed to buy the newspaper assets of The Washington Post Company for $250 million?
10. Who has been appointed the new governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
11. Cadbury India will set up its biggest manufacturing facility in the Asia-Pacific region in the country. Which state?
12. Ford Figo has recently crossed which sales milestone in India?
13. Star Sports has roped in which sports personality as brand ambassador to endorse the English club football championship, the world’s biggest sports league, in India?
14. Which company has announced promotion of Rajesh Magow, one of the co-founders, as Chief Executive Officer-India?
15. Which MNC has unveiled a new global brand identity strategy revolving around the theme, “It’s All Possible”?
16. Which MNC recently announced it will have a new logo on September 4 and in the run up to that is playing around with 30 logos that will change in the next 30 days?
17. Which company has secured the 'title sponsorship' for inaugural Indian Badminton League 2013?
18. Which bank has acquired Royal Bank of Scotland’s (RBS) commercial and home loan portfolio along with its credit card business in India for an undisclosed sum?
19. Which MNC has acquired Connecticut-based yogurt maker YoCrunch in a move aimed at expanding its presence in the U.S.?
20. Which significant milestone was achieved by Hero Motocorp last week?
21. Non-banking financial services company Money Matters has been renamed. What will it be known as?
22. Which celebrity has joined as independent director on the board of beauty & wellness company VLCC Health Care?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 489 as the subject.