Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week November 05 - 10. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Britannia has appointed which celebrity as brand ambassador for its biscuit brand Tiger?
2. Which hospitality brand will be launching the world's biggest virtual pillow fight on Facebook as an application, as part of a new global rebranding campaign?
3. Vivek Gambhir has been named the new managing director of which FMCG company?
4. Gautam Sharma has quit as the MD of the Indian operations of which confectionery maker?
5. The government has appointed Vijayalakshmi Iyer as the chairperson and managing director of which bank?
6. Which company has launched an aftermarket brand called ‘WILGO’?
7. Which publisher has launched a new publication named IQ, The Indian Quarterly?
8. Which company has commenced its pre-owned or used car business called ‘Das WeltAuto’ spread across 15 dealerships in the country?
9. Which Indian software firm has acquired AT Solutions Group, a US-based firm, for $32 million?
10. Which brand has emerged as India’s Most Trusted Brand in a study conducted by Brand Equity and The Nielsen Company?
11. Fab.com, one of the fastest growing online retail sites in the world, has acquired which Pune-based technology venture?
12. Which celebrity is the man with the velvet touch in the latest commercial of Dulux Velvet Touch Pearl Glo?
13. The $1.9-billion French agri-conglomerate Groupe Limagrain has acquired which Indian company for an undisclosed sum?
14. Which yester-year actor has sold his hotel in Bangalore to a consortium led by Delhi-based real estate firm Nimbus Group for Rs 120 crore?
15. Which company has acquired US-based specialty chemicals company Houghton International from a private equity fund for $1.05 billion?
16. Shah Rukh Khan and Katrnia Kaif will be seen together in a campaign for which well known FMCG brand?
17. Which company has entered into a strategic alliance with Penguin Books in a specific deal where it will provide space for Penguin’s high profile book launches and in return will bring the enriching collection of Penguin Books for free reading to its patrons?
18. Which television channel has entered into a three-year agreement with the National Basketball Association (NBA) to be the exclusive broadcast partner of the sport in India?
19. Realty firm Mahagun has roped in which celebrity as the brand ambassador of the company?
20. Which Nasdaq-listed firm has acquired the Hotel Travel Group (HT Group) for $25 million?
21. Which company has acquired US-based DUSA Pharmaceuticals for $230 million, or about Rs 1,250 crore?
22. Which company has acquired SherSingh.com, a private label brand specialising in sports-inspired lifestyle apparels?
23. US-based home and office furnishing major Knoll has entered into a dealership and brand-licensing agreement with which Indian company to manufacture and market its home and office furniture?
24. South actor Deeksha Seth has been roped in as the brand ambassador for which shampoo brand?
25. Which brand in India has become the fastest to cross the million units sales mark in the four wheeler category?
26. McCain Foods India, the Indian subsidiary of McCain Foods Canada, has roped in which celebrity as its first ever brand ambassador in India?
27. South India-based TTK group has agreed to pay Rs 150 crore for which MNC’s 49.8 per cent stake in condom maker TTK-LIG?
28. Ashwani Kumar has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which bank from January 1?
29. Japanese car major Honda will launch an entry-level sedan, named 'Amaze', in India next fiscal. What is special about the car?
30. Which MNC has agreed to buy 53.4% stake in United Spirits for $2.04 billion?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 450 as the subject.