Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week March 28 - April 02. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company last week announced an equal financial services joint venture with global private equity and hedge fund company DE Shaw?
2. Which MNC last week appointed former Oracle India chief Bhaskar Pramanik as the head of its India operations?
3. Thrissur-based Kalyan Jewellers has roped in which Bollywood celebrity as its brand ambassador?
4. Which MNC last week announced it had agreed to acquire GSI Commerce, a provider of electronic commerce and interactive marketing services, for $2.4 billion?
5. According to a report last week, the wholly-owned subsidiary of which automobile MNC has been granted a non-banking finance company (NBFC) licence by RBI?
6. Which business personality has been elected managing director of Bombay Dyeing?
7. Which MNC has reached a $3.2 billion agreement to acquire Converteam, a French maker of automation systems used in oil and gas sector?
8. US-based International Paper (IP) has bought a 53.5% stake in which Indian paper company from the Bangur family for about $257 million?
9. MD Mallya is the new chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association from April 1. He is the CMD of which bank?
10. The first product of the joint venture between Ashok Leyland and Nissan Motor Company of Japan will be a 1.25-tonne LCV (light commercial vehicle). What has it been branded as?
11. Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan will be seen together in the television commercial for which brand?
12. PepsiCo India’s joint venture with Tata Global Beverages is all set to launch a glucose-based beverage. What has it been branded as?
13. Jack Dersey, co-founder of which MNC, will become its executive chairman and head of product development?
14. Telugu actor Mahesh Babu has been signed on as the brand ambassador for which shampoo brand?
15. Which MNC will buy the 33% stake of its partner in its Indian joint venture for $5 billion?
16. Sharman Joshi is the new brand ambassador of which beverage brand?
17. Gianfranco Lanci has quit as the chief executive of which MNC PC maker?
18. Which celebrity is investing in a 25mw solar power plant in Gujarat in partnership with Mumbai-based Roha Group?
19. Former Bosch India chief Albert Hieronimus is the new chairman of which company?
20. Which MNC has signed an agreement to acquire US-based Science Applications International Corporation’s (SAIC) global oil and gas IT services business for $150 million (Rs 668 crore)?
21. Which company has acquired leading Italian jewellery chain Giantti Italia for $15 million?
22. Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Zaheer Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Genelia D’Souza can be seen together in the television commercial for which brand?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 366 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on email@example.com for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
April 3, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment