Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week April 04 - 09. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which business personality has taken over as the new chairman of the Indian School of Business (ISB) executive board?
2. Diamond Foods Inc is buying which well known brand from Procter & Gamble (P&G) in a deal valued at $1.5 billion?
3. Ms Jayshree Venkatraman, 49, died in Chennai last week. She was the chairperson of which company?
4. Former Wipro CEO Suresh Vaswani will join as the chairman of India operations of which MNC?
5. In one of the biggest deals in the highly competitive microchip industry, which MNC will snap up National Semiconductor in an all-cash transaction worth $6.5 billion?
6. Which company last week launched its new bike, Forty-Eight, in India?
7. LG last week launched its new smartphone Optimus 2X in India. What is its claim to fame?
8. Which company last week marked its entry into the software services business by announcing the acquisition of Noida-based IT services company Headstrong for $500 million?
9. Which Italian sports car maker last week announced its entry into the Indian market?
10. Which MNC and Toyota Motors are forming a partnership to develop in-car electronic systems that help battery-powered vehicles run more efficiently?
11. The promoter of which beverage chain will soon float a new company called Dark Forest Furniture Company?
12. The CMD of which company has lapped up the world cup final ball for Rs 64 lakh in an ICC auction last week?
13. Pratip Chaudhari is the new chairman of which bank?
14. Which business personality last week launched an information technology services company, Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd.?
15. Vivendi SA (VIV) has agreed to buy which MNC’s 44 per cent stake in French mobile-phone operator SFR for $11.3 billion to win full control of its largest unit and secure more stable earnings?
16. Which company in India, as part of its joint venture with US-based agriculture and forest equipment major John Deere, plans to launch a 40-feet boat?
17. Which Indian business group has acquired Royal Park, a luxury hotel in London?
18. Barry Salzberg will take charge as the new CEO of which global accounting major?
19. Which company last week launched a new brand campaign, titled ‘Keep It Simple’ with its new brand ambassador, Ranbir Kapoor?
20. Philip Auld has been appointed the new chief executive officer of which retail company in India?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 367 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
April 10, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment