August 30, 2020
Biz Quizzard 857
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 24 - 29. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has won the top prize at the sixth edition of The Economic Times Startup Awards 2020?
2. Which Kerala-based company has emerged as the winner of the government’s ‘Grand Challenge for developing video conference solution’ for its product ‘Vconsol’?
3. Which industry body has written to the GST Council and finance minister asking to be removed from the ‘sin tax’ category?
4. Which digital healthcare company has launched its new campaign ‘#HelloDoctor’ urging India to rise above doubts when it comes to any health problem and seek an expert’s advice?
5. Which ride hailing company has launched a video ‘Every Mom During The Lockdown’, featuring actors Varun Thakur and Supriya Pilgaonkar?
6. Which Ahmedabad-based company has sued Delhi-based Hands On Trade Pvt Ltd and Rajasthan-based VLS Foods Pvt Ltd for trademark theft?
7. Which real estate aggregation and transaction platform has unveiled celebrity couple Genelia D'Souza and Riteish Deshmukh’s 'Meri Wali Home Story'?
8. Which fashion apparel brand has launched its first campaign ‘What’s holding you back?’ to urge people to be courageous about their beliefs and convert them into action?
9. Ahead of Onam, which hair care brand has released a short film expressing gratitude towards healthcare workers, especially nurses, for their persistent effort in helping us battle the pandemic?
10. Which company has signed a definitive agreement to acquire non-life insurance business of Bharti AXA?
11. Which fintech platform has roped in cricketer Suresh Raina as brand ambassador?
12. Which social media video-sharing platform has unveiled its new logo that symbolises the camera frame, which is seen while shooting videos?
13. Which nutritional supplement brand has launched a social media campaign ‘#FitnessRefreshed’ with its brand ambassador and actor Ranveer Singh?
14. Which company has launched a campaign based on the central theme ‘Shine Jo Dikhe Mehengi’ for its range of paints?
15. Which firm, started by Mindtree founders Krishnakumar Natarajan and NS Parthasarathy, has closed its first Rs 200-crore fund?
16. Which social media app has acquired hyperlocal information platform Circle Internet?
17. Which food delivery company has launched three new brands - Bowlsome, Paratha Experiment and Meal Kits – in the last nine months?
18. Existing investor Vy Capital has picked up employee stock options (Esops) worth about $5 million (Rs 37 crore) in which fullstack services marketplace through a secondary transaction?
19. As per the revised terms, which bank will acquire 17% stake in Max Life as against the 29% that was previously agreed upon?
20. Which Warburg Pincus-backed jewellery company has filed its draft red herring prospectus with market regulator Sebi to raise about Rs 1,750-crore through an initial public offer (IPO)?
21. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has issued a new draft notification, proposing to prevent the use of which word on the pack of non-dairy and plant-based dairy products?
22. From which date, importers of 24 major food crops will have to mandatorily declare that the products are not genetically-modified and that they also have a non-GM origin?
23. The defence ministry has imposed a ban on which business group’s company, linking it to the CBI probe into the Tatra Truck deal scandal?
24. Which IT firm has received markets regulator Sebi´s approval to float initial share sale?
25. Which digital gaming platform has announced the launch of its new brand identity with a redesigned logo and tagline ‘Straight Up Skill’?
26. Which Thailand-based LED TV and appliances manufacturer has forayed into Indian market in partnership with QThree Ventures by introducing its range of smart Android HD TV?
27. Which general insurance company has released a video called “#SurakshaKaVaada” for Ganesh Chaturthi?
28. Which online rummy platform has been rebranded as A23?
29. Which company has launched a digital campaign highlighting the message ‘Tap water will now protect India’, for its Disinfectant Solution Generator?
30. Which brand has launched the campaign ‘#IamAnArtist’ for its Fluid Acrylic Colours - a series of 3 varied kits which contain ready to pour colours, used for exciting fluid art?
31. Silicon Valley startup accelerator Y Combinator has chosen how many Indian startups for its Summer 2020 batch?
32. Which company has forayed into the hospital nutrition segment with the launch of its nutrition drink Celevida Maxx in the Indian market?
33. Which sleep solutions provider has launched what it claims as the country's first antiviral mattress protector powered by Swiss technology HeiQ Viroblock?
34. Which group is combining its distribution and supply chain expertise across the steel, cement, and paint businesses under an integrated initiative sub-branded ‘One’?
35. According to Swiggy, which dish has topped the list of most-ordered dishes for the fourth year in a row?
36. Which Thailand based multinational hospitality chain is returning to India and will open at least two hotels per year from 2021 onwards?
37. Which FMCG company has tied up with Lalbaug and Girgaon Cha Raja puja pandals, Mumbai to make special immunity-filled modaks this Ganesh Utsav?
38. Which edtech company for professional education has launched its first television campaign, ‘Power Ahead’?
39. Which beverage brand has unveiled its new look and has launched the campaign ‘Hawabaazi gone, asli on’?
40. Mondelez India is entering the breakfast cereals segment with which brand?
41. Which pharma brand has launched the campaign ‘Keep It Real' to normalise conversations about erectile dysfunction?
42. Which quick service restaurant (QSR) company has launched ‘The Big Hug’ campaign highlighting people’s desire to hug their loved ones during social distancing?
43. Former Warburg Pincus executives have raised $4.3 million (about Rs 33 crore) to launch a celebrity fan engagement platform. What has it been branded as?
44. Which private non-life insurer has launched a pet dog insurance policy that covers pet dogs over their lifetime from age 3 months to 10 years?
45. Which company last week launched an on-demand 24x7 Auto Rentals service in India?
46. Which brand has launched a campaign to promote its new offering Cake Layerz?
47. Which publication brand has launched the campaign ‘#NewspaperMornings’, penned and narrated by poet and lyricist Gulzar?
48. Which automobile brand has released its fourth video ‘Zindagi' as part of ‘Discover More' social series?
49. Which confectionery brand, in collaboration with music entertainment company Songfest, has announced their third single ‘Aaina’ as part of FreshTake series?
50. Which company has appointed former Indian Oil Corporation chairman Sanjiv Singh as group president and member of the leadership team for its oil-to-chemicals (O2C) business?
51. Kevin Mayer is stepping down as the CEO of which social media app?
52. Which home-grown wearable devices maker will launch its own range of medical devices over the next 6-12 months?
53. Global index provider FTSE Russell has unexpectedly removed which three lenders from India from its indices?
54. Which Asia-focused investment groups is investing about Rs 2,200 crore ($300 million) to pick up a 51% stake in Edelweiss Wealth Management?
55. Which company last week said it had forayed into 180-200cc bike segment in the country with the launch of all new model Hornet 2.0, priced at Rs 1.26 lakh ( ex-showroom Gurugram)?
56. Which e-commerce marketplace has introduced ‘Brand Pulse’, a unique insights tool to help brands understand their awareness in the minds of consumers?
57. Hindi news channel TV9 Bharatvarsh will be the principal partner of which IPL team for this edition?
58. Which company has launched its new soap brand, Glori, making a foray into bathing soaps?
59. Which FMCG company has roped in actress Nadiya as brand ambassador for its food safety brand SaaFoo?
60. Which smartphone company has elevated its vice president and head of India market Madhav Sheth to lead business in Europe as well?
61. Which brand from Nestle has launched the campaign ‘#SpreadSweetness’ for Onam?
62. Which brand from Cipla Health has rolled out a new television commercial encouraging everyone to imbibe the habit of gargling in order to stay safe and healthy?
63. Which company and REE Automotive of Israel have signed a MoU to explore the development and manufacturing of electric commercial vehicles (CVs) for global markets?
64. Which tea retail chain is planning to enter the direct-to-consumer packaged food segment by next month via its digital platform and ecommerce websites?
65. Which quick service restaurant (QSR) brand recently opened its first outlet in Srinagar?
66. I loved this. Which airline has released its first-ever in-flight safety video that will be displayed in its brand-new Airbus A321neo and Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft?
67. Which company has released a campaign for its new product Resource High Protein (RHP) as a part of its nutrition portfolio?
68. Which industry body said this year’s edition of its Lifetime Achievement Award will be conferred upon Krishan Premnarayen?
69. Which brand has launched the campaign ‘#SafestPizzaInTown’?
70. The Banks Board Bureau last week recommended Dinesh Khara for the position of chairman of which bank?
71. Which online betting platform has roped in cricketer Dwayne Bravo as brand ambassador?
72. Which sports network has announced a new campaign ‘Asli Fans Ke Liye’ to honour the ‘Real Fans’ of cricket for the upcoming Australia tour of England?
73. To commemorate Gender Equality Day (August 26), which personal care brand launched ‘Voice of Art’, a huge collective of young artists to weave a new-age narrative of equality through art?
74. Which web hosting company launched a new pan India, digital marketing campaign, named ‘Powering The Creators’ to promote its Wordpress hosting?
75. After nearly 200 years, which department store chain in US will permanently close its remaining 38 stores and shut down its website?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 857 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.