Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period July 27 - August 01. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Serum Institute of India (SII) founder Cyrus Poonawalla has agreed to set aside 60,000 doses of the yet-to-be-developed Covid-19 vaccine for which community?
2. Which express logistics company has appointed Allcargo chairman and managing director Shashi Kiran Shetty its chairman?
3. Which airline has introduced a new offering wherein customers can book multiple rows and create their own private zone?
4. Which sanitary pad brand has launched its latest campaign ‘#SuperSheroes’?
5. Which company has announced its rebranding into a hyper-localised, professionally generated content platform, Nukkad by Stage, and launched Stage, an artist-led and dialect-based OTT platform?
6. Which location-based marketing specialist (OOH agency) has announced the elevation of Deepak Kumar to the role of Director, while Fabian Cowan dons the new enhanced role of Country Head?
7. Which state tourism board has launched its latest digital campaign titled ‘#SabKuchJoDilChahe’?
8. Which ride hailing company has launched the digital campaign ‘Mustache Of Joy’?
9. Which confectionery brand has launched ‘Freshen Up’, a campaign urging consumers to keep themselves fresh behind the mask?
10. Which company has bought out the stake of Ronnie Screwvala-owned Unilazer Ventures in leading lingerie retailer Zivame and is in talks with other partners to take full control of the firm?
11. Which stock broking joint venture has decided to exit India and country head Devesh Kumar is in talks with his employer to acquire their stakes in the company?
12. Which PSU has announced an equal joint venture (JV) with French energy major Total for manufacturing speciality bitumen derivatives?
13. Which sleep solutions brand has launched a mattress-in-a-box LiveIn mattress?
14. Which instant noodles and pasta brand has launched the television commercial ‘Coin Toss’?
15. To commemorate the International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystems, which company, in collaboration with WWF India, has launched the campaign ‘Magical Mangroves’?
16. Which engine oil brand for two-wheelers has announced the launch of its new TVC 'Keep Moving Ahead' with #NonStop Protection?
17. Which brand will be the exclusive beverage partner of the film Shakuntala Devi, being released on July 31 on Prime Video?
18. Which company has emerged as India’s most ‘attractive employer brand’, as per the findings of Randstad Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2020?
19. Which online investment and wealth management platform has appointed Varun Sridhar as its new CEO to head and launch its foray into the equity brokerage business?
20. Thierry Bolloré has been appointed as the new CEO of which automobile MNC?
21. Flipkart has launched a hyperlocal, 90-minute delivery service in Bengaluru, across categories, including grocery, mobiles, electronics and home accessories. What has it been branded as?
22. Which MNC will buy New Signature, a Microsoft public cloud transformation specialist, for an undisclosed amount to expand into hyperscale cloud advisory services?
23. Shaankar Sen, 60, passed away in Kolkata last week due to Covid-19. He was the CMD of which jewellery company?
24. Which business group and Blaze Automation will set up a joint venture to develop and make IoT devices for the global market?
25. Which commercial vehicles manufacturer has unveiled its DigitAL Nxt solutions, comprising three offerings - Alert 3.0, AI Cares and Uptime Solution Centre?
26. Which foundation has come up with a new campaign ‘Mazboot Kadam’ that attempts to highlight the essential role of sanitation workers in keeping our surroundings clean and hygienic?
27. Gamitronics has announced a driving game ‘Servo Drive’ in association with which company?
28. Which company has become the first Indian law firm to cross 150-partner mark?
29. Which automobile company has unveiled a new marketing campaign 'Hum banayein, jo Aapka dil chaahe', showcasing its dual-platform Fi technology?
30. Which soap brand has claimed to have become the largest-selling brand in India for the first time?
31. Which quick service restaurant (QSR) chain has launched a new campaign with actor Rahul Bose?
32. Which laminates brand has launched a new television commercial focusing on one of its key product feature of anti-bacterial surface for a healthy and safe environment?
33. Which beverage brand has launched the digital campaign 'Kadak Hai' underlining gender stereotypes?
34. Which automobile brand has launched the ‘Rush of Supremacy’ campaign?
35. Which consumer appliances brand has launched its first film 'For Mothers' with the positioning 'Gifts for those you love'?
36. Which skincare brand has achieved the first virtual Guinness World Records feat for “Most people washing their face online simultaneously”?
37. Which bank has taken possession of Reliance Centre, the headquarters of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) in Mumbai?
38. Which group has launched generic favipiravir in India under the brand ‘Favivir’ for the treatment of mild to moderate Covid-19 patients following the approvals from the DCGI?
39. The Bombay High Court has restrained which company from manufacturing, distributing or selling its ‘Select’ cigarette brand with the ‘Flake’ trademark till further orders?
40. Who has set up a new entity Aroa Ventures, which will look to place early to growth-stage bets, making him the latest Indian entrepreneur to set up a vehicle to make personal investments?
41. Which advertising agency has announced the introduction of Kaam Wapasi, a tech platform to reconnect migrant/guest workers with urban jobs?
42. Which investment information firm has appointed Larsen & Toubro (L&T) veteran N Sivaraman as its Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer?
43. Which company last week unveiled Anne Klein sustainable line of watches – Considered - in the country?
44. Which beauty brand has launched the campaign ‘Wear Your Bold’ for Lipstick Day (July 29)?
45. Which company has acquired Mosaic Media Ventures, which runs VCCircle and TechCircle?
46. Which sports brand, under the ambit of the ‘Ready For Sport’ campaign has launched the ‘What’s One More’ film aiming to inspire athletes as they prepare to return to the field in 2021?
47. Myntra said it is launching trending Work-From-Home wear from its private brands in which foreign market, capitalizing on the consistent need of shoppers amid the Covid-19 pandemic?
48. Which sports entity has announced a new global campaign ‘Whole New Game’?
49. Private equity fund Advent International has agreed to buy a controlling stake in which Hyderabad-based API manufacturer from its parent Bengaluru-based Micro Labs?
50. Which MNC has emerged as the biggest smartphone seller globally in the April-June period, according to data from research firm Canalys?
51. Uber has shelved plans to move its Asian headquarters to which country?
52. Lenders of which Nirav Modi group company have last week agreed to liquidate the company with over two thirds of banks voting in favour of a resolution?
53. Which fintech company last week launched mpay(dot)me, a UPI link service that allows users to send and receive money from any UPI payment app?
54. Which snack brand has launched the campaign ‘#ChatpataShukriya’, featuring actor and brand ambassador Akshay Kumar?
55. Which dairy brand has announced its entry in the bread category, including what it claims is a first in the category, a milk and fruit bread for kids?
56. Which chocolate brand has launched the campaign ‘#CloserThisRakhi’?
57. Which jewellery brand has launched the film ‘#CelebrateEverySister’ for Raksha Bandhan?
58. Which pharma company has launched the campaign ‘#RealHeroes’ for Raksha Bandhan?
59. Which men’s grooming brand is celebrating a new kind of Raksha Bandhan this year with their campaign ‘#RakhiForSisters’?
60. Which company announced that its Interceptor 650 is the best selling motorcycle in the U.K. for June 2020 (in the more than 125cc category)?
61. Which packaged rice brand is celebrating the unbreakable bond of siblings through a video themed around 'Khud ki raksha karke apno ki raksha karein'?
62. Which auto-tech company has launched its latest campaign ‘A car for everyone’s budget’ to offer affordable, budget -friendly pre-owned cars to its customers?
63. Reese Schonfeld, 88, died last week in USA. He was the co-founder and founding president of which media company?
64. Which ayurvedic soap brand has launched a new social media campaign with the message 'Ab har situation ke liye skin fit bane' (Get #SkinFit for any situation)?
65. Which computer electronics major has appointed Ketan Patel as the MD of ‘Greater India’ region?
66. Which asset management company has appointed Navin Agarwal as the MD and CEO?
67. Which automobile brand has launched its latest campaign, ‘Move Up’?
68. Which advertising agency has promoted Hephzibah Pathak to the position of Vice Chairman?
69. Which MNC has unveiled its campaign “Inn Dibbon mein kya hai”?
70. Which brand has rolled out its third film under the ‘You can’t stop us’ campaign, which has gone massively viral?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 853 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.
Post a Comment