Presenting the current affairs quiz for the period August 10 - 15. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company is launching InstaMart, a chain of virtual convenience stores to deliver grocery and household items within 45 minutes?
2. Which MNC is all set to launch its game streaming service called xCloud on September 15 for Android users in 22 countries?
3. In a big push for domestic industry, the defence ministry has generated a list of how many military items that will not be imported?
4. India Today Group has ceased the publication of which compact daily from August 10, 2020?
5. Which life insurance company has launched the campaign ‘Ab Income Milegi Har Saal, Saalo Saal’?
6. Which food brand recently unveiled a follow up to its campaign ‘#DilKiBaat’, titled ‘#AcchaKyaHua’?
7. Flipkart has launched an accelerator programme for idea-stage startups in the consumer internet technology space, to help them build market-ready solutions. What has it been branded as?
8. Chris O’Connor has resigned as CEO of which Pune-based mid-size IT firm?
9. Which Hyderabad-based non-profit organization made it to the top 10 visionaries in the world for the Rockefeller Foundation’s Food Vision 2050 Prize?
10. Which MNC is officially out of the laptop business, after transferring its remaining shares in Dynabook to Sharp Corporation?
11. Which airline announced the commencement of its flight services to Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru from Frankfurt from August 13, under a “bilateral agreement” between the governments?
12. Which Hyderabad-based financial inclusion focused fintech has rolled out a new digital finance platform SARTHI?
13. Which MNC has rolled out privacy app AltZLife developed at its India R& D centre on select handsets in the country?
14. Isher Judge Ahluwalia has stepped down as the chairperson of which think-tank due to health reasons?
15. Which ethnic wear label has roped in actor Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador?
16. Which company has rolled out its new multimedia campaign called ‘Silence Bhi aur Energy Savings Bhi’ for the newly launched range of SilentPro ceiling fans?
17. Which brand has launched a new campaign film for its refrigerators, focusing on its DuoCooling technology?
18. Which automobile MNC has launched a new inspirational video series titled ‘Soul Stories’?
19. Which NYSE-listed data centre company has acquired the India operations of GPX Global Systems for $161 million (Rs 1,200 crore) in cash?
20. Reliance Industries has entered the world’s top 100 companies on the Fortune Global 500 list after eight years. Which rank?
21. Pirojsha Godrej, the youngest son of Adi Godrej, has moved out of his operational role at Godrej Properties to steer the group’s ambitious entry into the financial services sector through which company?
22. Which manufacturer of rechargeable Lithium Ion Polymer (LIP) batteries has acquired 180 acres of land for Rs 550 crore near Gurugram, Haryana in one of the largest land deals of the year?
23. Which MNC bank has put on the block its independent commercial building at Fort’s Horniman Circle in south Mumbai?
24. Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has said its blockbuster SUV Creta has achieved which cumulative sales milestone of in the domestic market?
25. Which MNC has launched its virtual visiting card-styled feature called ´People Cards´ first in India?
26. Which spices brand has launched the campaign ‘#SpiceUpYourHealth’, featuring brand ambassador and chef Sanjeev Kapoor?
27. Which MNC has launched its seller-driven campaign ‘Itna Aasan hai’?
28. Which Amritsar based e-mobility start-up has appointed cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador?
29. Which youth fashion brand has launched a new fashion collection, inspired by Illumination’s popular characters Minions?
30. Which aerospace startup has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine, becoming the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability to build a homegrown rocket engine?
31. The transport ministry has allowed sale and registration of electric vehicles without which component?
32. Sumner Redstone died in US at the age of 97. He was the chairman emeritus of which media company?
33. Sameer Gehlaut has stepped down as the executive chairman of which housing finance company?
34. Which MNC has moved the Delhi High Court seeking a stay on payment of equalisation levy on digital transactions on grounds that it would lead to double taxation?
35. Which MNC is selling SlideShare, the hosting platform for presentations and other content, to ebook and audiobook subscription service Scribd for an undisclosed sum?
36. Which beauty brand has partnered with Kalki Koechlin to launch its new campaign for its hair colour?
37. Which fabric brand from the Aditya Birla Group has announced the launch of its new brand identity and logo, including the new brand line ‘Passionate like you’?
38. Which product design and sports performance brand has unveiled the remake of Bob Marley’s iconic anthem ‘One Love’, as part of its 2020 ‘For the Love of Sports’ campaign?
39. Which beverage brand has launched the rendition of the timeless anthem of patriotism, ‘Yeh Desh Hai Veer Jawaano Ka’, from Saregama, for Independence Day?
40. Which MNC telecom equipment manufacturer has signed its 100th commercial 5G agreement or contract with unique communications service providers?
41. Which MNC is releasing two new breakfast cereals based on two of its most popular coffee drinks: Caramel Macchiato and Mocha Latte?
42. Which realty company has launched the ‘Move In India’ campaign?
43. Amazon India last week marked its entry into which segment?
44. US drug maker Johnson and Johnson (J&J) has transferred the technology and manufacturing rights of its SARS-Cov2 vaccine to which Indian company?
45. Which MNC is selling its India bus division to its joint venture with Eicher Motors, for a cash consideration of Rs 100.5 crore?
46. Which mattress brand has launched the campaign ‘Sugha Nidra Eppol Surakshitavum’, meaning ‘blissful sleep is now safe too’, in Kerala for Onam?
47. Which brand has launched a campaign to promote its newly-launched line of personal jewellery titled Collection Me?
48. Which business group will be associated with IOA as official sponsor of the Indian Olympic Team to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020?
49. Which online higher education company has announced the launch of its latest mass media campaign 'Sirf Naam Ki Nahin, Kaam Ki Degree'?
50. Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL) last week said it has achieved which cumulative sales milestone of its mini car Alto?
51. Which nutrition brand has launched a digital film with brand ambassador and celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija to spread awareness about boosting immunity the right and natural way?
52. Which motorcycle company has announced the commencement of its first ever designing platform – Art of Motorcycling?
53. Which exam preparation app has roped in actor Kartik Aaryan for the launch of its latest offering, which provides students unlimited access to structured live courses and mock Tests?
54. Which payment app has launched a new campaign ‘#S’ to spread awareness on social distancing and the use of hand sanitizers?
55. Which chain has launched a new campaign titled, ‘Why wait for your brew, when you can Drive-Thru’, marking the brand's foray into the drive-thru space for the first time in India?
56. Which processed food company has launched its new campaign ‘#AchaarWithVichaar’?
57. Which water storage and piping solutions provider has launched the campaign ‘India Ki Waterline’, featuring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor?
58. Which motorcycle company has launched the campaign ‘#ParkForFreedom’, requesting everyone to stay at home this Independence Day?
59. Which handset maker has launched a tune titled ‘Desh ki apni Dhun’ for Independence Day?
60. Leading hospital chain Fortis Healthcare will now have a new name. What will it be known as?
61. Which power technologies company has launched a campaign urging people to be ‘Be Energy Independent’ by paving the way for a new form of independence with solar energy?
62. Which atmospheric water generator (AWG) company has launched its ‘Har Boond Se Badlega India’ campaign?
63. Which adult diaper brand has launched the campaign ‘Azaadi Mubarak’ encouraging the older generation to step up and take their freedom into their own hands?
64. Which life insurance company has launched the campaign ‘Tension se Azaadi’?
65. Which automobile company has launched the animated film ‘Atmanirbharta’?
66. Inspired by the brand philosophy of “Karte Ja, Badhte Ja”, which payments platform has launched a campaign saluting the resilient spirit of the people of India?
67. Which retail gourmet food chain has launched a digital campaign featuring popular radio jockeys – Hrishikesh Kannan, Jane Jeyakumar and Prithvi Vishwanath?
68. Which Los Angeles-based social video app has seen 40 million downloads from Google Play Store and Apple App Store in India within a month-and-half of its launch?
69. Which airline has appointed former CEO and Wadia Group veteran Kaushik Khona as its new CEO?
70. Which company has bagged a trademark for its U&Us retail format, a first in India?
71. The United States´ top regulator Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating which bank from India for alleged irregularities in certain borrower loan accounts, leading to incorrect asset classification?
72. Apple and Google have removed which popular video game from their app stores for violating the in-app payment guidelines, prompting developer Epic Games to file federal antitrust lawsuits?
73. According to a report last week, which ecommerce company has partnered with HipBar, a startup backed by spirits giant Diageo, to deliver alcohol in two Indian states?
74. For Independence Day, which brand launched a digital film ‘#NamakKeWaastey’, featuring LT. Colonel Inderjit S Gill, a veteran of the 1971 war?
75. Which bank last week launched Shaurya KGC (Kisan Gold Credit) Card, a special credit card for armed force personnel?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 855 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.