Quizzing legend and pioneer Mr Neil O'Brien, India's first quiz master, passed away last week. A former member of Lok Sabha, the senior O’Brien, father of Derek O'Brien, was also a three-time nominated Anglo-Indian MLA in West Bengal and an educationist. He was the chairman of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and managing director of Oxford University Press, India. As a leader of the Anglo-Indian community, he was the president-in-chief of All-India Anglo-Indian Association and headed the Frank Anthony group of schools. Mr Neil O'Brien conducted the first well-organized, formal quiz in 1967 at Christ the King Church Parish Hall in Calcutta. Biz Quizzard pays its respects to the departed soul.
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the June 20 - 25. Hope you enjoy it.
1. A long and successful innings will be coming to an end. YC Deveshwar will step down as the chairman of which company in February next year?
2. Which airline has joined hands with cab aggregator 'mytaxiindia' (MTI) to offer passengers the option of booking a taxi to reach the airport at the time of ticket purchase?
3. Which actor producer has picked up a significant minority stake in PB Lifestyle, exclusive licence holder in India for Playboy Enterprises, USA?
4. Which Indian company has been named in a `Hall of Shame' list of 158 banking and financial institutions globally that have invested billions of dollars in companies making cluster bombs?
5. Which company has launched its latest strolley collection, Earl, made from polypropylene material?
6. Lots of Father’s Day ads and 2 caught my eye. Which MNC released a six-minute video titled ‘The Hero – A Bollywood Story’?
7. On the occasion of Father’s Day, which brand launched a digital ad film #SalutingSingleMothers that salutes the single mother?
8. Which MNC has acquired London-based Magic Pony Technology, a machine-learning startup that specializes in working with images, to deliver better video and picture content?
9. Which company last week announced its acquisition of fitness aggregator Oyofit?
10. Nikesh Arora has quit as the president of which MNC?
11. Goibibo(dot)com has launched a travel social network on its mobile app, which enables travellers to get connected on Goibibo app using their phone books. What has it been branded as?
12. Nestle has rolled out the first sub-brand of Maggi to appeal to ‘young adults’. Name it?
13. Apparel brand US Polo has crossed which milestone sales mark in India in the fiscal ended March 31?
14. A joint venture between which company and Standard Chartered Private Equity has bought the commercial assets of Gurgaon-based builder M3M in a deal valued at Rs 250 crore?
15. Which MNC announced recently that it is partnering with a cannabis industry-focused software company called Kind Financial?
16. Which US-based healthcare player that uses stem cell therapy treat joint injuries, spine pain and degenerative orthopaedic conditions, last week announced the launch of its first facility in India in Hyderabad?
17. Which British IT and software firm has merged with its Indian partner BSL Information Technology to jointly deliver consultancy services in different parts of the world?
18. Instagram has crossed which membership milestone?
19. KFC has tied up with a digital agency, Blink Digital to launch 'watt a box'. What is its USP?
20. Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been roped in as the brand ambassador by which insurance company?
21. Which subscription-based OTT (Over-The-Top) app has unveiled a new logo and positioning 'Desh Ka TV, Bees Ka TV'?
22. SK Roy has resigned as chairman of which entity, two years before his term ends?
23. Which restaurant customer engagement and marketing platform has acquired Mumbai-based social and marketing solutions provider MassBlurb in a mixed equity and cash deal?
24. Which IT company has agreed to buy UK-based digital technology firm The BIO Agency for an enterprise value of £40 million?
25. Which MNC has signed an agreement to acquire specialty chemicals firm Chemetall for $3.2 billion?
26. Which IT firm appointed Takayuki Inaba as its India managing director?
27. Which New York-headquartered media company and the Times of India Group last week said they would form joint ventures for launching the world's leading youth media brand in India?
28. In what is being claimed as a first-ever instance for India Inc, which company last week held its board meeting in an academic institution?
29. Which iconic Italian fashion brand last week made its debut in India with the launch of its first store in Colaba in Mumbai?
30. Which global payments platform has appointed Anupam Pahuja as the Managing Director and Country Manager for its India operations?
31. Which job portal has unveiled its new TVC ‘Getting what you deserve?’?
32. Which sports footwear and apparel brand has signed tennis players Yuki Bhambri and Karman Kaur Thandi as its brand ambassadors?
33. Which Delhi-based education company, which runs 5-star properties Radisson Hotels in Noida and Ludhiana, has entered into a joint venture with Germany's Steigenberger Hotels in India?
34. Which foreign university is launching a research centre in Delhi in partnership with Tata Trusts to address some of India's most pressing economic and social development challenges?
35. Maruti Suzuki’s Ciaz has touched which sales milestone in the domestic market?
36. Which automobile company has launched India’s first motorsports helpline by a manufacturer?
37. Which retailer has launched a television commercial ‘Neki Mubaarak’ (Best wishes of goodness) in keeping with the brand’s promise of ‘Making India beautiful’?
38. Which Indian company has invested an undisclosed amount in Israel-based venture capital firm TLV Partners, marking its first investment in a venture capital firm?
39. Which MNC has announced the appointment of Sanjay Malik as the head of Indian market, effective from August 1?
40. Which MNC last week launched the new version of its convertible Dawn in India, claimed to be the first super-luxury convertible in the country?
41. Times Network has launched its third English Movie channel. What has it been branded as?
42. Which fashion retailer in India has added international brand Izabel London to its portfolio of exclusive brands?
43. SunEdison Inc., the bankrupt clean-energy giant, has sold a 7-megawatt portfolio of rooftop solar projects in India to which company?
44. Which MNC will withdraw its 'Premier Slam' dresses for the 2016 Wimbledon Championship after receiving increasing complaints from female players that their apparels were too revealing?
45. According to reports last week, which CEO has purchased a nearly $5-million (Rs 32-crore) house in Koramangala in Bengaluru?