Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 28 - October 03. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Land Rover has come out with its first armored vehicle, priced at a whopping €4,00,000. What has it been branded as?
2. Switchgear products and fan maker Standard, a part of Havells India, has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador?
3. Which chat-based personal assistant app will acquire Mumbai-based startup Niffler for an undisclosed amount?
4. According to a report last week, India Inc’s equity fund raising has already crossed which mark in 2015 so far?
5. Which online marketplace has rolled out a new communication campaign ‘Get Real’ to educate the stakeholders on the negative effects of selling or promoting fake products?
6. Not sure if I have covered this before. In what could be the first listing of an Indian software products company in nearly one and half decade, which security software firm plans to raise Rs 1,000-1,200 crore through an initial public offer?
7. Which lingerie and nightwear brand has released a new digital campaign about women innerwear taboos, featuring copywriter-turned-comedian Neeti Palta?
8. Which MNC has ended its 12-year third-party manufacturing contract with Kolkata-based SAJ Food Products?
9. Online hotel aggregator Goibibo[dot]com has launched a budget accommodation platform. What has it been branded as?
10. China's largest transportation app Didi Kuaidi has invested in which Indian ride hailing app?
11. According to a report last week, India has overtaken which country as the largest consumer of cashew?
12. Which company has launched a new television commercial for its latest diamond jewellery collection offering, Zuhur?
13. Which information technology services company has acquired the IT business of Blue Star Infotech for Rs 181 crore?
14. Which Indian company has declared its Brazilian unit bankrupt and has filed for protection in the country?
15. Which US-based IT services company has acquired Chennai-based Sybrant Technologies for an undisclosed amount?
16. Which online furniture marketplace has announced the acquisition of 53central[dot]com, a crowd bargaining platform that enables group buying options for sports enthusiasts worldwide?
17. Which German publisher will buy a further 88 percent of news website Business Insider for $343 million?
18. Which online ethnic store has rolled out an integrated campaign, with the soundtrack 'Aaj Jane Ki Zidd Na Karo'?
19. Zee is launching a television channel for French-speaking African audiences. What has it been branded as?
20. In what is claimed to be the biggest transaction for any single end-user commercial real estate sale in India, which MNC has bought 4.35 lakh sq ft in Godrej BKC at Mumbai for Rs 1,479 crore?
21. Which American fashion designer is stepping down as chief executive officer in his namesake company?
22. Which MNC has agreed deals to expand sales of its Cailler premium chocolate brand worldwide, marking its entry into the global super-premium chocolate segment?
23. Which company has signed a three-year bat endorsement deal with Indian cricketer Suresh Raina?
24. Which company has acquired the business assets of the pharmaceutical manufacturing unit of Acacia Life sciences located at Visakhapatnam on a going concern basis?
25. Looks like it is raining records in commercial real estate. Which business group is claiming to have struck the country's biggest-ever single asset real estate deal when it bought over Larsen and Toubro's Elante Mall in Chandigarh for Rs 1,785 crore recently?
26. Which MNC, in partnership with filmmakers Ridley Scott, Richie Mehta and Anurag Kashyap, will come out with a film project titled ‘India in a Day’ that will capture the essence of evolving India over a 24-hour period?
27. In a first, auto-major Maruti Suzuki is planning to send cars manufactured in Gurgaon and Manesar, near Delhi, to Kolkata via which transport mode on a pilot basis in October?
28. Which personality from the automobile industry has been honoured with the lifetime achievement award at the Forbes India Leadership Awards (FILA), 2015?
29. Which Taiwanese smartphone major has partnered with Foxconn and will start local manufacturing of smartphones at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh?
30. Which bank has become the first institution worldwide to launch mVisa - a card-less and device-less solution the payments company is betting on in the mobile space?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 601 as the subject.