Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 14 - 19. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which business personality has bought the US consulate's South Mumbai property, Lincoln House at Breach Candy for Rs 750 crore?
2. Online lingerie retailer Zivame has become the latest startup to get funded by which business personality?
3. Which online healthcare platform has acquired hospital information management company Insta Health for $12 million (Rs`80 crore)?
4. Which New York-based private equity (PE) major's real estate division has agreed to buy 100% equity stake in Gurgaon-based builder Alpha G: Corp for Rs 1,600 crore?
5. Which company has announced its decision to sell its tyre business at Haridwar to JK Tyre & Industries and JK Asia Pacific Singapore Pte Ltd. for Rs.2,195 crore?
6. Which airline has signed a 1-year deal with BCCI to fly the Indian cricket team on their domestic and international travel?
7. Which hybrid managed marketplace for Stays in India has unveiled a new brand campaign, ‘Make Room for Something New’, along with the launch of its mobile app?
8. Hindustan Unilever (HUL) is bringing back which Ayurveda brand and going mainstream with its first exclusive e-commerce launch in India?
9. Which company has become the first to commercially deploy indigenously developed energy monitoring technology by Telecom Center of Excellence (TCOE) at 500 mobile towers?
10. Who has topped the list of ‘25 Most Powerful Women in Asia-Pacific’, prepared by the global magazine Fortune?
11. Budget hotels marketplace OYO Rooms has launched a new brand, a women's exclusive for women travellers with all-women staff and special amenities for women. Name the brand?
12. Federal Brands has filed a suit against which US apparel company for infringement of copyright and sought damages of Rs 75 crore after the latter launched a global marketing campaign?
13. Talent management company WMEIMG has acquired The Miss Universe Organization from which business personality?
14. The $17-billion Mahindra Group has forayed into e-commerce with the launch of its virtual mall. What has it been branded as?
15. Murugappa Group company EID Parry India will introduce a new sugar brand, described as 100 per cent natural cane sugar. Name the brand?
16. Which networking major has embarked on Project IndiaG (G = Growth) to more than double its India revenue over the next three-five years?
17. Which Indian company has signed a deal with Australian pharmaceutical company Hatchtech, to develop Xeglyze lotion, a head lice product?
18. Which paint brand has launched a digital campaign ‘Make Room for the NEU’?
19. Which Indian fabric manufacturer last week announced a tie-up with Pakistan's ethnic designer brand Sana Safinaz?
20. Which state has topped the World Bank’s first ever ranking of States on the ease of doing business in India?
21. Cross platform note-taking app Evernote has crossed which milestone user mark in India?
22. Which automobile brand has roped in Telugu actor Prabhas (of Bahubali fame) as brand ambassador?
23. Which mobile point-of-sale (mPoS) technology solution has been acquired by payments and remittances company, Suvidhaa Infoserve, in an all-cash deal estimated to be close to Rs 3 crore?
24. Fred DeLuca, 67, died last week. He was the co-founder of which fast-food chain?
25. Which hospitality major is planning to introduce Tribute Portfolio, its upscale brand targeting independent hotels, in India by next year?
26. Which business personality has made a personal investment in Bengaluru-based startup Mubble that offers solutions to help users track and control their telecom spends?
27. Which wires and cable company has rolled out a new TV campaign with positioning ‘Connection Bachat Ka, Connection Zindagi Ka’ and featuring actor Paresh Rawal?
28. Which MNC has launched a new video, 'Shout', based on the famous 'toga party' scene from the movie 'Animal House'?
29. Which company last week rolled out an online-specific credit card SimplyCLICK in association with seven partners including Amazon India, BookMyShow and Cleartrip?
30. Super luxury car maker Rolls-Royce last week unveiled its new open-top model that is likely to be launched in India next year. What has it been branded as?
31. Which MNC has increased its stake in UEM India, an international water services company based in Noida, to 80%?
32. Which MNC is reacquiring Serco BPO, India's third-largest business process outsourcing company, for a consideration of £250 million (Rs`2,558 crore)?
33. Which business group has hired Cynthia Carroll, the former head of Anglo American, as chairwoman of its holding company?
34. Which pharmaceutical company will acquire US-based eyecare firm InSite Vision for around $48 million (around Rs 300 crore), plus related debt and other transaction costs?
35. Which Bengaluru-based venture, backed by Indian-American entrepreneur & investor Vinod Khosla, last week launched a consumer mobile wallet?
36. Apus Group, one of the world’s biggest Android application development companies, has formed a partnership with which Indian mobile advertising network?
37. Which company is planning the launch of a new colouring initiative named ‘Express Painting’?
38. Which MNC has signed an agreement with L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd (LTMRHL) for ‘pouring rights’ at all Hyderabad metro rail stations?
39. Which beverage brand has launched a video, resurrecting an old footage of tennis ace Serena Williams, with the message 'win from within'?
40. In a move seen as one of the most far-reaching initiatives on financial inclusion since bank nationalisation in the late 1960s, RBI last week granted small bank licences to how many companies?
41. Which company and BBC Worldwide have entered into a joint venture to bring BBC Earth, a new premium factual channel, to the Indian audiences?
42. Which jewellery e-tailer has launched its first advertising campaign 'My First Time'?
43. Which cloud computing services provider has announced the takeover of US-based NexAge Technologies, which specializes in the life sciences sector, for $3 million?
44. Sunil Duggal will take over as the new CEO of which company with effect from October 1, 2015?
45. Which company has bought out Firefox Bikes for an undisclosed sum in an all-cash deal, to tap into the growing premium bicycle market in the country?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 599 as the subject.
Post a Comment