Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 31 - September 05. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Tata Group has crossed which milestone mark in employee count?
2. Tata Sky has launched a new set-top-box (STB) that will enable users to transfer content onto smart devices (iOS and Android) using the Tata Sky app. What has it been branded as?
3. Which company and a Singapore-based partner have made a strategic investment in Luxuryhues, a new online venture that will sell “more affordable” luxury clothing, accessories and household products?
4. Which Boston and Mumbai-based data analytics firm has raised an undisclosed bridge round of funding from Ratan Tata?
5. Which entity is setting up a plush campus on a 70-acre piece of land near Mumbai, claiming it to be the largest such education and training campus by any regulator globally?
6. Which MNC has renamed its MaterialScience business as Covestro?
7. Government headhunter Public Enterprise Selection Board (PESB) last week selected Durgapur Steel Plant's CEO P K Singh as the new chairman of which PSU?
8. Which MNC’s life sciences unit is partnering with French drug maker Sanofi SA to develop tools to improve the management and treatment of diabetes?
9. Which printing solutions company has rolled out its first campaign 'Chalta hai ko chalta karo'?
10. Which company last week launched India's first diesel hybrid car?
11. Google Chairman Eric Schmidt has invested in which path breaking transportation company co-founded by Indian engineer Ankur Bhatnagar?
12. Which bank in India last week said it will enter the credit card and affordable housing business in its effort to revamp retail operations?
13. Which television series has found a place in the new Guinness World Records 2016 book for largest TV drama simulcast?
14. Ratan Tata has made a personal investment in which Mumbai-based online marketplace for chefs?
15. According to data released by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, the grid-connected solar power installed capacity in the country has crossed which milestone mark?
16. Atul Sobti will be the next chairman and managing director (CMD) of which public sector entity?
17. Which cab hailing company has launched a new ride sharing feature “CarPool” on its mobile app for commuters across India?
18. Which shampoo brand has roped in New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. as its new brand ambassador?
19. Who has become the world's richest pop star?
20. Which MNC has elevated its India managing director Bazmi Husain as the global chief technology officer?
21. Which online market place has acquired Reduce Data, a Silicon Valley startup, for an undisclosed amount?
22. Which company has launched a Wi-Fi application called Hangouts aimed at shifting data traffic away from the cellular network to help decongest it and improve services?
23. Which company has acquired the exclusive rights to market skin care products of the country's leading derma and cosmeceutical player Percos India, in a deal worth an estimated at Rs 90 crore?
24. Which handset major has signed Tollywood actor Akhil Akkineni as brand ambassador?
25. Global e-commerce giant Amazon last week launched its Kindle Unlimited service in India that will offer readers access to one million reading titles on its tablet. What is the monthly rental?
26. India’s internet user base has crossed which milestone in June 2015?
27. Which MNC last week announced the launch of what it calls as the world’s slimmest tablet, in India?
28. Which realty major has entered into a joint venture (JV) with Singapore’s GIC to invest in two upcoming projects located in Central Delhi?
29. Which snack brand has launched its festive campaign – ‘Why so sweet? Be Chatpata!’?
30. Mahindra Retail will rename `Mom & Me', its maternity and childcare stores. What is the new name?
31. Perfetti Van Melle India has tied up with which company to launch a specially designed ice-cream using its confectionary product Alpenliebe Juzt Jelly?
32. Which business group last week launched Living Foodz, its first infotainment channel and second channel to focus on the food genre?
33. The Reserve Bank of India will shortly put into circulation coins to commemorate golden jubilee of Indo-Pak War 1965. Which denomination?
34. Mr S Yogaratinam died last week. He was the co-founder of which well known retailer in Tamil Nadu?
35. Which Canadian submarine sandwich brand has entered the Indian market with Arnav Saluja-led Beverly Food & Beverages as the master franchisee?
36. Which company last week said it has become the first Indian edible oil firm to get Food and Drug Administration (FDA) licence for manufacturing pharmaceutical grade oils and fats?
37. Which on-demand, hyper local, ecommerce application has launched its inaugural brand campaign 'We Get It.' in India?
38. Mobile messaging app WhatsApp has crossed which milestone mark of regular and active users around the world?
39. Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved entered into which new food segment last week?
40. Which company will acquire US-based InvaGen Pharmaceuticals and Exelan Pharmaceuticals, owned by one of the promoters of Hetero Group, in an all cash transaction of $550 million (approx Rs 3,652 crore)?
41. Which MNC has bought rival mobile security provider Good Technology for $425 million in a move to broaden its software sales?
42. The Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi last week signed a MoU with which company for procuring and maintaining 110 modern ambulances, besides setting up and operating a modern control room?
43. Which provider of IoT connected consumer electronics and lifestyle products has acquired exclusive license rights to design, develop and market certain Motorola accessory products?
44. Dmitry Shukov has quit as the CEO of which telecom company in India?
45. Which sports celebrity has signed an Rs 12-crore three-year sponsorship-cum-endorsement deal with financial services group Edelweiss?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 597 as the subject.