Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 07 - 12. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which business personality last week outbid rivals to emerge as the highest bidder for the sea-facing Jatia House in Mumbai's largest-ever property deal?
2. Which Pune-based speciality mall for home decor and interiors has launched HomeSukh, a new initiative aimed at the impulse buyer?
3. Which matrimony site has launched it’s first-ever, mobile-only campaign with the positioning, 'hum unse milate hai, jo aapko samajh paate hai'?
4. Which English daily is set to launch its Mumbai edition by end of November?
5. Which company has signed a MoU with Abu Dhabi Ship Building to set up a strategic partnership for construction of naval ships over the next 10 years?
6. Which company has signed a binding agreement to acquire Bina Thermal Power from Jaiprakash Power Ventures for about Rs 3,500 crore?
7. Which doctor discovery platform has concluded a deal to acquire healthcare startup Qikwell Technologies?
8. Which company has launched two premium exterior and interior emulsion paint variants, Durafresh Xpert and Spotless Nxt?
9. After nearly a decade’s existence, which coal bed methane explorer will wind up its India operations in November?
10. Which company has agreed to sell its bread and bakery business under the Modern brand to the Everstone Group as part of its strategy to exit non-core businesses?
11. Which company has rolled out a digital-only campaign, #ClearTheFridge, for its gourmet brand Pico, which includes products across categories such as jams, sauces, dips, dressings and baked goods?
12. Which well known international sports personality has set up a property platform specifically for non-resident Indians (NRIs) looking to buy property in India?
13. Which MNC has elevated its India managing director and chief executive Krishna Kumar A as head of parent company’s newly-created emerging businesses division in the healthcare vertical?
14. Which private equity fund has acquired CMS Info Systems, India's largest cash management company, from Blackstone and the Grover family for Rs 2,000 crore?
15. Philips has unveiled its web-enabled lighting solution in India. What has it been branded as?
16. Which MNC is entering the premium professional skincare segment in India with the launch of Obagi’s range?
17. Which Pune-based IT consulting and solutions integration company has acquired 51 per cent stake in Intellect Bizware, a Mumbai-based specialist in SAP consulting and services?
18. How many Indians are featured in the latest Forbes Asia edition in a new group of philanthropists from 13 countries for their noteworthy contributions?
19. Which brand has rolled out its latest ad campaign, ‘Prarthana ki shuddhata’ (Purity of prayers)?
20. Which brand is India’s most attractive brand, as per a study by Mumbai-based TRA (formerly Trust Research Advisory)?
21. Which MNC has bought Adallom, an Israel-based cyber security startup specializing in defending programs and content in the cloud, as it expands offerings for the enterprise?
22. Which well known business personality has recently joined venture capital firm IDG Ventures India as a senior advisor?
23. Which MNC is rolling out its Fuze range of tea, a $1 billion global brand, in India this weekend?
24. Apple last week introduced a larger iPad with a 12.9inch screen, designed to attract business users. What has it been branded as?
25. Which maker of premium wearable devices, cofounded by former Apple CEO John Sculley, is launching its products in India under an exclusive partnership with online marketplace Snapdeal?
26. The prestigious Art Institute of Chicago has named which well known Indian couple on their President's Council?
27. Which Bangalore-based home design and décor e-tailer has acquired YoFloor, a mobile platform that offers a virtual trial room for home décor decisions, for an undisclosed amount?
28. Which MNC has made its third investment in an Indian start-up, acquiring a stake in Hyderabad-based Zippr for about $6 million?
29. Marking a first in the industry, which celebrity-owned fitness and sportswear brand has signed on another celebrity, actor Tiger Shroff as endorser?
30. Which is India’s most valuable brand, as per the second edition of WPP-Millward Brown's BrandZ report on the top 50 most valuable Indian brands?
31. Which food ordering startup has launched its new campaign 'Aaj Khaane Mein Kya Hai??
32. Which television channel has unveiled its new brand ethos and will now transform with a new positioning – ‘Your Happy Place’?
33. Textiles major Arvind Ltd is rebranding big Megamart stores to create a new value format. What has it been branded as?
34. A Hindi networking site envisaged on the lines of popular English social media platform Twitter was launched last week. What has it been branded as?
35. In a first of its kind of association with an Indian startup, which MNC has tied up with ad-tech company Tookitaki to help brands in digital marketing and advertising?
36. Times Network, the broadcast arm of India's largest media house Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd, has unveiled India's first 24x7 property news channel. What has it been branded as?
37. The 127-year-old non-profit National Geographic Society has sold a majority stake in its media properties, including National Geographic magazine, to which company for $725 million?
38. Which company has struck a deal to run the Indian operations of cosmetics and beauty retailer Sephora, owned by French luxury conglomerate Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH)?
39. Which brand is reportedly is planning to bring Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), the world's largest mixed martial arts league, to India?
40. Which cricketer has become co-owner of the UAE Royals, the Dubai franchise of Mahesh Bhupati-promoted Coca-Cola International Premier Tennis League (IPTL)?
41. Which MNC has bought 50% stake in Enchanted Valley Carnival (EVC), one of India's biggest music festivals, for an undisclosed sum?
42. Which education services company has acquired 51 per cent stake in educational startup Accendere Knowledge Management Services Pvt. Ltd for an undisclosed amount?
43. Which Singapore-based company has come out with its first game ‘Legend of Vyas’?
44. Google is making a second attempt in mobile payments. What has it been branded as?
45. Maruti Suzuki India last week launched a limited edition version of its popular model WagonR. What has it been sub-branded as?
46. Amazon is launching which format in India in a bid to expand its Consumer Electronics store?
47. Which online cab booking platform has come out with a fun video titled 'Prime Time with Narain Karthikeyan'?
48. Amul has recently re-launched which whey-protein based sports drink, in PET bottles?
49. Yu Televentures, a Micromax subsidiary that came in to existence last year, last week unveiled its fourth budget smartphone. What has it been branded as?
50. Which celebrity has become the official global ambassador for Qantas, national carrier of Australia?
51. Which advertising agency and Sprouts Environment Trust have come up with the idea of fish-friendly Ganesha idols?
52. Which bank last week launched a new mobile app called LIME that claims to be the first app in the country that offers Wallet, Shopping, Payments and Banking?
53. Which MNC is set to acquire Envivio, a software-based video encoding, in a deal valued at $125 million?
54. Which portal is acquiring Zigwheels, an auto portal owned by Times Internet?
55. Which company has started a platform for auction of used cars, becoming the first auto manufacturer in India to venture into the business?
56. Which automobile MNC has roped in France’s one-time First Lady Carla Bruni to star in a promotional video?
57. Which American footwear brand, patronised by US Presidents from Millard Fillmore to Barack Obama, is foraying into the women’s footwear category in India?
58. Which business personality has recently pledged a grant of $200,000 to The/Nudge Foundation, a not-for-profit organization?
59. Which company has started e2ecargo, what its claims as the country’s first ever online platform for cargo delivery?
60. The founders of which startup are the youngest on the Hurun India Rich List for 2015?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 598 as the subject.