MTI, Ranchi (the corporate training centre of SAIL), in association with the National HRD Network, is organizing UDAAN 2012, a business quiz for corporates, on June 23rd at Ranchi. For details, please contact Mr Srimant Kumar Mallick on 08986880652 or email@example.com
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week June 11 - 16. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which celebrity will endorse Maggi Noodles?
2. Which company will soon launch the world’s largest selling chocolate brand in duty free and travel retail, in India?
3. TV18 and Viacom have formed a new distribution company. What has it been branded as?
4. Which company has completed the sale of its hotel subsidiary to a Kolkata-based consortium of Avani Projects and Square Four Housing & Infrastructure Private for Rs 567 crore?
5. TVS Motor Company has signed on which celebrity as the brand ambassador of its Scooty range?
6. Which business group is set to acquire New York’s Plaza Hotel, the 130-room luxury hotel located near Manhattan’s Central Park - a century-old destination for socialites and celebrities, for $570 million (Rs 3,100 crore)?
7. Which company has bagged the sponsorship rights for the Bangladesh cricket team for $9.4 million?
8. Which Indian business personality has received the leadership award of the India-US bilateral trade promotion organisation, US India Business Council, along with Ford Motor’s Alan Mulally?
9. Elinor Ostrom, 78, a professor at Indiana University, died from cancer last week. What was her claim to fame?
10. Which well known personality is entering the education-cum-entertainment space by bringing the Mexico-based global edutainment brand KidZania to the country?
11. Which MNC last week unveiled its own mapping programme, opening up a new front in the war with Google?
12. Henkel India will be renamed. What will it be known as?
13. Which MNC last week aired its first TV ads to tout its advertising potential during a Nascar broadcast on Time Warner's TNT cable network?
14. Which company has acquired a 51% stake in Hungama Digital, the digital and promotions marketing division of Hungama Media Entertainment?
15. Which MNC has launched the PureView 808, the first smartphone to feature a 41-megapixel sensor camera in India?
16. Which company has announced an integrated campaign around its new brand positioning ‘Find Better’?
17. Microsoft has revamped and renamed Hotmail. What is the new name?
18. Which entity has agreed to pay £1.4 billion ($2.18 billion) to buy the 135-year-old London Metal Exchange, the world's biggest marketplace for industrial metals?
19. Business-software company Yammer Inc has agreed to sell itself to which MNC for $ 1.2 billion?
20. Which milestone has Maruti Suzuki Alto crossed recently?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 429 as the subject.