Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week January 16 - 21. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has launched the "Angry Brides" game?
2. Hitch.me, a website for dating, has been created for the users of which networking website?
3. Which business magazine, on the completion of 5 years, has been re-launched in a new avatar along with a new tagline 'Think Beyond. Stay Ahead'?
4. Which MNC has tied up with Indiatimes Shopping to launch its first online store in India?
5. Which brand has emerged as the most-trusted brand in India according to 'The Brand Trust Report, India Study 2012', released last week?
6. Which international hospitality major is set to foray into the education sector in India?
7. According to report last week, Atos, one of Europe’s largest IT companies, wants to banish the use of which popular utility within its office after 2014?
8. Which brand has retained its position as the world's most valuable brand according to Interbrand's Best Global Brands 2011 report?
9. Popular community-edited online encyclopaedia, Wikipedia, blacked out its English-language site for 24 hours on January 18. Why?
10. According to a report last week, with sales of Rs 5,000 per square feet per month in 2011, which is the most lucrative retail location in the country?
11. Which MNC’s co-founder Jerry Yang last week announced his decision to quit?
12. As per the latest Big Mac index, compiled by the Economist magazine to analyse purchasing-power parity of various global currencies, which is the world’s most under-valued currency?
13. Which country’s premier fast-food chain 'Country Chicken' launched its first outlet in India last week?
14. Which MNC is shedding its familiar red-and-yellow colours for more muted tones as it goes for its biggest and costliest revamp in the country, in line with its global strategy of attracting more adults?
15. Which company has launched India's most affordable branded watch at Rs 225?
16. In a first of its kind move, which telecom company has awarded its entire advertising inventory management to Sandeep Goyal-promoted Mogae Media?
17. Which brand has undergone a repositioning exercise and has a new tagline 'Dish Sawar hai'?
18. 31-year-old Pirojsha has been appointed the new managing director and CEO of which company?
19. India has been ranked the sixth most "innovative" country in the world in multinational conglomerate GE's Annual Global Innovation Barometer. Which country has topped the list?
20. Which MNC, one of the most well known across the world, filed for bankruptcy protection last week?
21. Which unusual item up for sale recently was pulled down by eBay India as it was prohibited from being sold under the company's Seller Policy?
22. Hindustan Unilever will take over which brand in India from Godrej Consumer Products?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 408 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
January 22, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment