Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
January 15, 2012
Biz Quizzard 407
A very close friend, also my ex-boss at Idea, Mr Kishore Kumar Mullapudi passed away this morning. Kishore was a great guy and one of the nicest and selfless persons i have known. This edition is dedicated to him as my personal tribute and thank you.
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week January 09 - 14.
1. Which portal has acquired events and entertainment portal Buzzintown.com for an undisclosed amount?
2. Mr Bal Mundkur recently passed away in Goa. He was the founder of which advertising agency?
3. Pharma major Merck will relaunch which iconic global brand in India to boost its consumer healthcare business?
4. Sudhir Rao is quitting as deputy MD and COO of which automobile MNC in India?
5. Which company has unveiled ‘HyAlfa', the world’s first fleet of hydrogen-fuelled three-wheelers?
6. Which MNC has named BD Park as managing director of its Indian operations?
7. Which MNC has unveiled the world’s thinnest laptop computer S5?
8. Which company is acquiring the NMA Group in Los Angeles, a pioneer in the realm of branded entertainment, which helps marketers weave products into the plots of movies and television shows?
9. The $17-billion Chinese company Midea will acquire which MNC’s struggling residential AC business in India?
10. The Branding Villa, a pub in Newcastle, UK, has launched a beer that is in the news. What is its claim to fame?
11. Which company has advertised its ‘Amazing Everyday Campaign' on the exterior of a Jet Airways plane?
12. Which country, through a state-owned company, has bought Ferretti, the world's largest luxury- yacht builder?
13. Which company has floated a brand - Icons Nxt - to bring non-filmy music back in currency?
14. According to a survey by research firm Nielsen, which company is the ‘Employer of Choice' for B-School students who will graduate in 2012?
15. Why was 48-year-old IIT-Delhi alumnus Soumitra Dutta in news last week?
16. The Kajah Group, from Chavakkad in Thrissur, Kerala, unveiled a two-seat concept car, called the Kreeper, at the auto expo. What is the primary business of the company?
17. Which beverage brand has unveiled a new look, with a new logo, packaging and tagline 'Dil Bole I Feel Up'?
18. Which bank launched Vasundhara Jubilee Senorita Banking Centre, an exclusive branch for women customers in Hyderabad?
19. T30, a five-star hotel at Dongting lake, Hunan province, China, has become a internet sensation. Why?
20. The promoter of which chain has filed an Rs 500 crore defamation claim against Wipro chairman Azim Premji?
21. Which international brand has changed its tagline to ‘So Good', after a gap of almost 45 years?
22. According to a report last week, the promoters of the fashion label ‘House of Gushungo’ are planning to expand into the production of suits and shoes. The label sells clothing embossed with the initials and signature of which controversial head of state?
23. Hyderabad-based Kayempee Foods has launched a range of chocolates under the Fun House brand. The chocolates are crafted in different shapes and designs under licence from which MNC?
24. Which two Indian companies, along with the US-based company of Indian-origin Cognizant, figure in an elite group of 10 companies identified by Harvard Business Review (HBR) as the companies that have consistently performed better than others around the world over a ten-year period?
25. Which MNC has filed for trademark registration of “Why this kolaveri di”?
26. Which hotel has been voted as the world’s leading luxury hotel of 2011 by the World Travel Awards?
27. What is unique about Anarchy, a new scent from Axe?
28. Which television channel has, on the completion of 7 years, launched a brand campaign with a new tagline ‘Waqt se Pehle, Kismat se Zyaada!’?
29. Which company has roped in Indian tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi and actor, rugby player Rahul Bose as ambassadors?
30. Which brand has roped in actor Madhuri Dixit as the chief smile officer?
31. Which brand, according to a report last week, has edged out Hindustan Unilever's Wheel from the number one slot in the Rs 13,000-crore laundry industry for the months of October & November 2011?
32. US-based Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the world's fourth largest spirits company, has launched a scotch-based ready to drink beverage in India under which flagship brand?
33. Which company, under its eMO project, unveiled the prototype for a $20,000 electric car that can carry up to four passengers, at the Detroit auto show?
34. Which euro 35 billion French construction major has entered the Indian market by buying out 100 per cent stake in NAPC, a Chennai-based construction company?
35. Which MNC has joined hands with the Ministry of Tourism for its Clean India campaign?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 407 as the subject.