Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week December 12 - 17. Hope you enjoy it.
1. The logistics and supply chain arm of which group has bought the warehousing business of Transmart India for an undisclosed amount?
2. AMRI Hospital in Kolkata was in national news recently for the fire that claimed many lives. It is a joint venture between Shrachi group and which other very well known business group?
3. Shyamala Gopinath, former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, has joined the global advisory council of which professional services firm?
4. Samsung Electronics has crossed which milestone for mobile handset sales for the first time in the company’s history?
5. STAR India has relaunched its second GEC STAR One in a new avatar. What is it now called?
6. Which company has acquired RightsFlow, a firm that manages royalty payments for songwriters and music publishers, for an undisclosed amount?
7. Which Indian company has entered into a 20-year deal with Sabine Pass Liquefaction, a subsidiary of US-based Cheniere Energy Partners, to import 3.5 million tonnes a year of gas in ships?
8. Which company emerged as the country's biggest in terms of annual revenue as per an annual list of Fortune 500 companies in India?
9. Which company has formed a joint venture with Germany-based Preiss Daimler (PD) Fiber Glass group to manufacture glass fabrics in India?
10. Which company launched a carbon neutral service, whereby customers will be awarded carbon credits for shipments done by the company?
11. Which MNC is ending Andrea Jung's long run as its chief executive?
12. Which well known business personality indicated he is prepared to commit $200 million or more of his wealth to build the world's largest airplane as a mobile platform for launching satellites at low cost?
13. Which MNC’s founding contract was sold at auction for $1.59 million last week?
14. Mangu Singh is the new managing director of which well known entity?
15. In what is believed to be the largest ever corporate grant devoted to the advocacy, intervention and rescue of people being held, forced to work or provide sex against their will, which MNC is donating $11.5 million?
16. Which celebrity has joined online store Babyoye.com as a partner?
17. Which milestone has BMW crossed last week at its manufacturing facility at Sriperumbudur in Chennai?
18. Which brand has topped a study on the social brand value of the world's 50 most valuable brands?
19. Janet Robinson will step down as chief executive of which well known publication company?
20. Which well known NGO will have exclusive stores and shop-in-shops selling a range of merchandise from February, starting with a signature clothing line?
21. Which celebrity has been roped in by Viacom18 as a brand ambassador for its new channel Sonic?
22. Which company has launched an exclusive Manchester United store in Mumbai, the Premier League club's first Manchester United store in India?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 403 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
December 18, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment