Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 10 - 15. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC, in association with media agency GroupM, is planning to launch a shopping festival named Tied Together on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan?
2. Sequoia Capital, one of the most prolific startup investors in the country, is helping Groupon India break away from its $3-billion Chicago-based parent. What will be it called?
3. Philips India has roped in which celebrity to endorse its male shaving and grooming range? (campaign currently on air)
4. Which tourism board has rolled out a campaign called 'It's time for a break' in an attempt to attract more tourists to the state?
5. Which global chemicals and plastics maker has signed a definitive agreement to acquire SJS Plastiblends, an Aurangabad-based polypropylene compounds manufacturer?
6. Which MNC has agreed to buy Precision Castparts, the maker of equipment for the aerospace and energy industries, in a deal valued at $37.2 billion?
7. US product engineering firm Aricent has acquired which Bengaluru-based chip design services company for Rs 1,100 crore ($180 million)?
8. Which Indian private equity (PE) firm is snapping up majority shares in Infogain, a San Francisco-headquartered IT consulting company, for $63 million (Rs 403 crore)?
9. Which life insurance company has rolled out a new brand campaign featuring model and actress Lisa Ray?
10. Google Inc announced a new operating structure last week, creating a holding company to encompass the search engine unit and other subsidiaries. What is it called?
11. Which MNC has tied up with Uttam Galva Group to set up an integrated 3 million tonne per annum steel manufacturing facility in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra?
12. Sanjay Jalona has been appointed as the chief executive and managing director of which IT company?
13. Which realty portal has appointed Jason Kothari as the Chief Business Officer (CBO)?
14. Which chocolate brand is celebrating Raksha Bandhan with "Bonds worth Gold" campaign?
15. Coca-Cola India has roped in which celebrity as its social ambassador in a three-year deal ending in 2017, replacing Sachin Tendulkar, whose contract ended last year?
16. Which company has announced acquisition of the UK-based cycle distributor, Avocet Sports, for an undisclosed amount?
17. Michelin-starred Indian chef Atul Kochhar is launching a restaurant in the Spanish capital of Madrid in September. What is it called?
18. Who are the only two Indian tycoons in the top 20 richest people in the world of technology, according to an inaugural list by Forbes?
19. Mobile commerce platform Paytm crossed which milestone in terms of number of wallet users?
20. Which airport has become the country’s first airport to get approval for implementation of the e-boarding facility for domestic passengers?
21. Which city has the distinction of becoming the first Indian city to be granted membership of Beijing-headquartered World Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF) Council?
22. Which company has won the Startup of the Year award in the first edition of Jio Economic Times Startup Awards?
23. Which consumer goods manufacturer has decided to go online only in a big way in India and will sell its air-conditioners and certain models of televisions and refrigerators exclusively through Flipkart?
24. Mr OP Munjal, 86, died in Ludhiana last week. He was the chairman-emeritus of which company?
25. Rohit Chadda, co-founder of which startup, has stepped down as its MD?
26. Auto portal CarDekho[dot]com has announced the launch of its commercial vehicle platform. What has it been branded as?
27. Housing[dot]com has crossed which milestone in the number of verified property listings in the Rent and Resale sections since its inception?
28. Which beverage brand has entered into an endorsement agreement with Punjabi actor-singer Diljit Dosanjh?
29. Which Singapore-based marketing platform for the food and beverage industry has acquired Triibe in an undisclosed, all-cash deal?
30. Eyewear retail chain Titan Eye Plus has roped in which celebrity to feature in its latest commercial with the positioning ’Come, fall in love’?
31. Which MNC has become the latest entrant in the mobile messaging app space with Livetext?
32. Which travel search firm has acquired Desi Backpacking Travelers, the company that runs IndianBackpacker.com, for an undisclosed sum?
33. In a first, government has roped in private sector professionals to run two of its largest banks. Name the banks?
34. Microsoft has teamed up with which state to help it deliver low cost internet connectivity in rural areas through unused TV spectrum, the first initiative of its kind in the country?
35. Which MNC has started selling custom-built Porsche Design P'9983 Graphite Smartphone in India for Rs 99,990 per unit?
36. Arvind Lifestyle Brands Limited last week launched America’s largest kids’ specialty apparel retailer in India. Name the company?
37. Which mobile app last week announced a first of its kind partnership with The Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) under the Ministry of Defence to extend an opportunity for Ex-servicemen to turn entrepreneurs?
38. Which Indian company has entered into a partnership with Payveris to jointly provide payment solutions to banks and credit unions in the US?
39. Which airline has reportedly roped in Jennifer Aniston to appear in a global digital and television campaign, in a deal valued at $5 million?
40. Finally, launching a new segment called Bollywood Gossip (just kidding :)). Actress Asin is reportedly all set to marry which business personality?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 594 as the subject.