Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week July 27 - August 01. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has acquired Valcambi, the world's largest precious metal refiner, for $400 million (about Rs 2,600 crore) in an all-cash deal?
2. Which company is set to buy the veterinary business of Mumbai-based Lyka Labs?
3. Which cricketer has signed a three-year Rs 35-crore contract with IOS Sports & Entertainment?
4. Rohit Ohri will join which advertising agency as group chairman and CEO in January 2016?
5. Which hyperlocal delivery company has acquired taxi company BookMyCab to launch services in Mumbai?
6. Which MNC has agreed to buy the generic drug business of Allergan for about $40.5 billion in cash and stock?
7. Which Abu Dhabi-based retail major has entered into a £110-million agreement with a London developer to build a bespoke five-star hotel at the iconic Great Scotland Yard?
8. Which MNC has appointed Sunil Lalvani, former chief of BlackBerry India and Saarc, as president of its India operations?
9. Which public sector company has appointed Tapan Kumar Chand as chairman and managing director?
10. Renault India has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador?
11. Avinash Vashistha has resigned as the chairman and country managing director of which MNC?
12. Which bank recently kick-started its centenary celebrations by unveiling a centenary logo?
13. Which health insurance company last week launched a ‘Dengue Care’ scheme?
14. Mondelez India has launched an 'aerated chocolate' under the Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk brand. What has it been sub-branded as?
15. Which brand has topped the 2015 edition of Brand Footprint, the IMRB Kantar Worldpanel’s ranking of the most chosen consumer brands in India?
16. Which business group is forming a manufacturing joint venture with Rafael of Israel to produce Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) in India?
17. The founders of online fashion marketplace Zovi have raised $50 million for their new app-only venture. What is it called?
18. Which MNC has named company insider David Taylor as president and chief executive effective November 1?
19. Which MNC bank has agreed to buy retail brokerage Sharekhan from its current set of PE owners for an undisclosed sum?
20. Which company has bagged the rights to be the title sponsor for all international cricket matches to be played in India till 2019?
21. Tablez Food Company, the food and beverage arm of Lulu International Group, has signed an agreement with US-based Kahala Brands to bring which ice-cream brand to India and Sri Lanka?
22. Which travel firm has acquired Luxe Asia, one of the top destination management firms in Sri Lanka, for an undisclosed sum?
23. Mahindra & Mahindra will be launching a new sub-4 meter SUV in the middle of September. What has it been branded as?
24. Which company has partnered with Japan's Igarashi Electric Works to acquire Agile Electric Sub Assembly, a Chennai-based electric motor manufacturer?
25. Which e-commerce major last week launched India Art House, an exclusive online store offering sellers a platform to promote regional products?
26. Tata Motors recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of which brand?
27. Which luggage brand has launched the official Disney and Marvel collection for the first time in India?
28. Which celebrity has launched her clothing brand Madz?
29. Which chocolate brand has launched two limited edition variants - Black Forest and Coffee Almond – and has launched a new commercial for Friendship Day?
30. Which brand has retained its position as India’s most valuable brand in this year’s annual study conducted by the U.K. based Brand Finance, a leading brand valuation consultancy?
31. Who is the latest celebrity to join the bandwagon of launching her own scent, The PinkPrint, which shares a name with her latest album?
32. Which international luxury sanitaryware brand has rolled out a new TV commercial featuring brand ambassador Jacqueline Fernandez?
33. Which television channel has roped in Ameen Sayani for radio spots to promote its new show?
34. Which toy company in India has firmed up plans to unleash merchandise related to Walt Disney's upcoming space opera film Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
35. Which MNC has launched CODO, being called the world’s smallest pocket washing machine?
36. Which company has launched a new hair colour product, Nupur Coconut Henna Crème Hair Colour?
37. Which MNC has agreed to buy fashion start-up Polyvore to help drive traffic and strengthen its mobile and social offerings?
38. Which Pune-based tablet and mobile phone maker has launched its online-only sub-brand, Elite?
39. Smartlink Network Systems has roped in which celebrity as a national brand ambassador for the DIGISOL range of wireless and networking products?
40. Which MNC has showcased OZO, the first commercially available virtual reality (VR) camera designed and built for professional content creators?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 592 as the subject.