Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 15 - 20. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company, along with Saudi Aramco and GE, has inaugurated Saudi Arabia's first all-female business process service centre?
2. Which MNC will soon launch its `First' set of ultra-affordable mobile phones in India?
3. Delhi-based company MSD Aviation has received a no-objection certificate from the government to launch what kind of an airline?
4. Which company has bought Israeli billionaire Mordechai Zisser's 1 million-sq-ft Plaza Centre Mall in Pune for Rs 300 crore?
5. Honda will bring back which premium model to India next fiscal after discontinuing it last year?
6. Narendra Ambwani, director, Agro Tech Foods, has been elected as the chairman of the board of which advertising body?
7. Which MNC has unveiled a printing solution that can print medical images like X-Rays on plain paper instead of conventional films?
8. Which mobile handset brand has launched a television commercial with the brand thought "Whoever you are"?
9. Which company has topped this year’s ET500 – the ranking of India’s biggest listed companies by The Economic times?
10. Which company will acquire US-based healthcare IT service provider TriZetto for $2.7 billion in cash and debt?
11. Which MNC has agreed to buy Mojang AB, the Swedish software company behind the popular game Minecraft, for $2.5 billion?
12. Which MNC has joined the smartwatch bandwagon with its 'miCoach Smart Run'?
13. Which Bangalore-based mobile value-added service provider has acquired Dexetra Software Solutions in a cash-and-stock deal?
14. Which MNC is buying Michigan-based TRW Automotive for $11.74 billion, a move that creates the world's second-largest auto supplier?
15. Which celebrity has been roped in as the new brand ambassador of TAG Heuer in India?
16. Which MNC and Gerdau have entered into a transaction agreement to sell their respective 50% interests in Gallatin Steel Company in the US to Nucor Corporation for $770 million?
17. Which IT company will demerge its insurance products and services business into a new company, Majesco?
18. Noted South Indian director SShankar’s movie Ai (or ‘I’) will release during Diwali. What is its claim to fame?
19. Which business school from India is the highest ranked non-European B-school in the Financial Times MiM rankings list of top 70 B-schools in 2013?
20. Hero MotoCorp Limited has entered into an agreement to set up its first Greenfield plant in South India. Which state?
21. Which MNC is working on “Best Future”, its own sitcom that will centre on a fictional employee, which will be released via YouTube and social media?
22. Who has topped the list of the 10 richest Indians in the Hurun Report, published by a China-based luxury publishing and events group?
23. Which company will be the title sponsor of the prestigious 2014 World Challenge Golf, hosted by the Tiger Woods Foundation?
24. Which e-tailer has launched its first TV campaign titled 'Explore Yourself'?
25. Tata Group promoted electronics retail chain Croma has entered into a strategic partnership with which online marketplace to sell products online?
26. Which brand has launched an initiative called ‘Donate Your Calories’ for the benefit of under-privileged children in India?
27. Which online fashion portal has launched a campaign titled ‘Be You’?
28. Hyundai Motor India has roped in which celebrity as the brand ambassador for its compact sedan Xcent?
29. Which tea brand has been relaunched in a new brand packaging and has once again roped in Malayalam actor Mohanlal as the brand ambassador after a gap of 13 years?
30. Which company will buy the retail pharmacy business of Hetero Med Solutions for Rs 146 crore?
31. Raj Jain, CEO, Bharti Retail, will be the new CEO of which media entity?
32. Vikas Singh has taken over as Managing Director of the Indian operations on which MNC?
33. Hong Kong tycoon Stephen Hung has placed an order for Rolls-Royce cars for his luxury Macau hotel-resort. Why did this make news?
34. Which insurance company has launched its second campaign that brings alive the brand promise of ‘Helping you prepare financially for a long and happy life.’?
35. Which automobile MNC has launched its new campaign ‘Don’t Postpone Joy’?
36. Abhishek Ganguly will be the new India head for which sportswear MNC?
37. Which premium biscuit brand has launched its new commercial with the positioning ‘live your moment’?
38. Which MNC has acquired 100% stake in economic research firm Indicus Analytics for an undisclosed amount?
39. Global healthcare products giant Johnson & Johnson last week laid the foundation for its largest plant in India. Which state?
40. Which institute will launch a crowd sourcing portal iboughtproperty.com to enhance transparency in property?
41. Which company has announced new partnerships with Microsoft, Hitachi Data Systems and Huawei to deepen its product offerings in new disruptive areas?
42. Which telecom gear maker will shut down its modems business to focus on other growth opportunities?
43. Which company has launched the country’s first inflation-linked securities index that seeks to track performance of a portfolio of inflation-linked government bonds?
44. Viacom last week bought film rights for a thriller novel called God is a Gamer written by Ravi Subramanian. The book is based on what?
45. Who has topped Fortune magazine’s ‘The most powerful women in business 2014’ list?
46. Pop sensation Lady Gaga has launched her second unisex fragrance. What has it been branded as?
47. Which brand has launched 'The Freedom Bike', a 12-feet-long motorcycle art installation made entirely of vintage items?
48. Larry Ellison has stepped aside as the CEO of which MNC?
49. Flying Machine, India’s first home-bred denim brand, has roped in which celebrity as brand ambassador?
50. Which mobile brand has been launched in India with the positioning ‘Apni Kismat Apne Haath’?
51. Which Australian coffee chain has begun its second innings in India, planning for 150 stores in next three years?
52. Coca-Cola last week launched which brand in India, nearly eight years after its global launch?
53. Which MNC has agreed to buy US expenses software maker Concur for $7.3 billion in cash, strengthening its position in cloud computing?
54. Which celebrity has made a debut as women’s wear designer with fashion brand Vero Moda?
55. Which company last week made its long-awaited Wall Street debut under the symbol “BABA"?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 547 as the subject.