Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week September 08 - 13. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Coca-Cola has unveiled a multimillion-pound ad campaign in UK for the launch of which brand?
2. Which MNC high-street retailer has signed on actress Esha Gupta as its new brand ambassador for the Indian sub-continent?
3. Which Dubai-based hospitality chain will manage Wave Group's hotel in Noida?
4. This is interesting. According to a report last week, which Bollywood film was the biggest box-office hit in the past 10 years, strictly from an investment-return ratio point of view?
5. In perhaps one of the biggest mergers in the Indian BPO space, which company will merge with e-Nxt Financials Ltd?
6. Which company has launched ‘Chilli Paneer’, a marketing campaign with a four-part film that is a love story revolving around purpose, relationship and connectivity?
7. Which cash logistics firm has acquired the cash management business of Danish major ISS for about Rs 150 crore?
8. Which MNC has agreed to buy Brazilian hair colour maker Niely Cosmeticos Group?
9. Which company will acquire the chlor-alkali division of Jayshree Chemicals Ltd (JCL) for Rs 212 crore?
10. Premium hatchback Swift has crossed which milestone in global sales?
11. Which celebrity is endorsing the luxury chocolate brand ‘Schmitten’?
12. Which company has launched a brand campaign ‘Start Now’, aimed at widening participation in the capital markets by encouraging people to trade confidently?
13. Which brand has unveiled its new television commercial ‘Never Stop’ for its Fortune range of footwear?
14. Ahead of the festive season, which beverage brand has launched a new campaign with the positioning ‘Formality hatao’?
15. Which MNC has agreed to sell its appliances business for $3.3 billion in cash to Electrolux of Sweden?
16. Roopa Kudva has resigned as managing director and chief executive officer of which company?
17. The Brand Equity Agency Reckoner 2014 was published by The Economic Times last week. Which agency has once again topped the list?
18. Which luxury automobile brand last week unveiled its new entry-level premium sedan XE in London?
19. Which company last week launched its new 155cc bike Gixxer?
20. Which company has launched its third private label Citron, in home appliances and personal health care category?
21. RBI last week extended the retirement age of bank chiefs and whole-time directors up to what age?
22. Which premium liquor firm has acquired the Drambuie Liqueur Company Ltd for an undisclosed sum?
23. Which beverage brand has launched a digital video with the hashtag #ItAllStarts and featuring Rishi, a standup comedian who stammers?
24. A video game called Destiny went on sale last week. What is its claim to fame?
25. Who is the only Indian woman to feature in Bloomberg Markets’ annual '50 Most Influential’ list?
26. Within a month of picking up a small stake in Snapdeal, Rata Tata has made a personal investment in which other e-commerce player?
27. Which country has emerged as the least expensive foreign destination for university undergraduate students, among a list of 15 countries, according to HSBC’s latest survey?
28. Luca Cordero di Montezemolo is stepping down as president of which automobile company after a 23 years stint at the top?
29. Which California-based burger chain is making a foray in the Indian market in partnership with Cybiz BrightStar Restaurants Private Limited, owned by CybizCorp?
30. Who has been elevated as chairman for Asia-Pacific region at advertising group McCann Worldgroup?
31. Which portal has launched its first ever TV commercial 'Suno Nahi, Dekho!’?
32. Which company last week introduced a self-driving car prototype - an Acura RLX sedan?
33. Which MNC has quietly revealed its development on a connected wheelchair, which has been endorsed by theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking?
34. Hyderabad-based digital marketing solutions firm Ybrant Digital has been renamed. What will be known as?
35. Which MNC has acquired virtual identity solutions provider Movirtu to beef up its offerings for enterprise customers?
36. Which MNC last week became the latest entrant in the air purifier segment in the country?
37. Which company has joined hands with UK-based Microlise to launch advanced telematics and fleet management services in the Indian market?
38. Ashok Leyland has achieved which milestone at its plant at Pantnagar, Uttarakhand?
39. Vodafone India has launched a campaign for its new postpaid offering. What has it been branded as?
40. The government is set to shut down which iconic company set up in 1961?
41. Which MNC last week released six new ads with a tagline “It doesn’t take a genius”?
42. Which celebrity pop star last week launched a series of accessories range, titled 'Dirty Hippie', at the ongoing New York Fashion Week?
43. Which brand has been named as the world’s smartest brand, according to a new study by global marketing intelligence service Warc?
44. Which sports property has launched a campaign “C’mon India, let’s football”?
45. Which company last week unveiled NIZ, its Mascot?
46. Which company has decided to divest 100% stake in healthcare service provider RadLink-Asia and its arm RadLink Singapore to Medi-Rad Associates for S$137 million (over Rs 655 crore)?
47. National Insurance Company has launched Jain Shravak Arogyam. What is its claim to fame?
48. Dunkin' Donuts has launched its first outlet in South India. Which city?
49. Which footwear major has roped in Telugu movie star Mahesh Babu as its brand ambassador?
50. Which MNC will launch a small car, code-named XBA, to take on Maruti Suzuki's WagonR and the Hyundai i10?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 546 as the subject.