Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 25 - 30. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which company has emerged as the country's most admired company, in Fortune magazine’s latest list?
2. In its first overseas buy, which company has acquired Mitteldeutsche Fahrradwerke (Mifa), Germany’s largest manufacturer of bicycles?
3. Which company has roped in internationally-acclaimed design and development expert Markus Braunsperger from BMW, Germany, to head its R&D division?
4. Which MNC has agreed to buy US biotech company InterMune for $8.3 billion in cash, marking the latest multi-billion dollar deal in a consolidating pharmaceutical sector?
5. Bisleri has entered into the Rs 200-crore energy drinks segment in the country. Name the brand?
6. Which mobile app is being advertised with the positioning "plan jab booking tab"?
7. Which company last week launched India’s cheapest smartphone at Rs 1,999, powered by the Firefox OS platform?
8. Which MNC has acquired live-streaming gaming network Twitch Interactive for about $970 million in cash?
9. Which MNC has launched a new television campaign titled ‘Super Student’ to market its Pixma Inkjet printers?
10. British adventurer and television presenter Bear Grylls has been roped in as the long term brand ambassador for which automobile brand?
11. Which Mumbai-based photo printing company has acquired San Francisco-based firm Photojojo?
12. Which CPVC pipes and specialty adhesives manufacturer has acquired 80% stake in UK-based SEAL IT Services for `Rs 44 crore?
13. Advertising professional turned writer Anuja Chauhan is returning to J Walter Thompson India as creative consultant to work on the account of which company?
14. Which company has agreed to acquire Tim Hortons for about C$12.5 billion ($11.4 billion) in a deal that creates the world’s third-largest fast food company?
15. Mondelez International's new luxury product - pralines with a chocolate filling - will make its global debut in India. What has it been branded as?
16. Which online marketplace has entered into a strategic partnership with affordable housing company Tata Value Homes?
17. Which healthcare service provider has picked up an undisclosed majority stake in Hyderabad-based Sri Sainatha Multi-Speciality Hospital Private Limited (‘Prime Hospitals’)?
18. Which general insurance company has won the mandate to provide insurance cover to all Rupay cardholders?
19. Which company has launched an exclusive range of hair care products under the B:Blunt name?
20. Which business personality has recently invested an undisclosed amount in Snapdeal.com?
21. Which MNC has bought Zync Render, the visual effects cloud-rendering technology company behind "Star Trek Into Darkness"?
22. Which company has got a five-year management, sales and marketing contract for the luxury train Deccan Odyssey from the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corp?
23. Which brand is being positioned as ‘a complete health soap’ through its campaign?
24. Which US-based fast food chain is entering India in partnership with Sierra Nevada?
25. Who will take over as the global chief executive officer of Samsonite International, the world's largest luggage maker, in October?
26. Which brand has become the first Indian brand to enter the 4K Ultra High definition smart TV category?
27. Which global research and analytics firm has acquired German business intelligence provider Beyond Data GmbH?
28. Which company has announced the national launch of Saral Rozgar Cards seeking to create a common pool of jobs and job providers?
29. Which business group has appointed JWT as the creative agency for its global brand campaign?
30. Which company has picked up title sponsorship for all international cricket to be played in India in the remainder of the 2014-15 season?
31. Samsung Electronics last week unveiled what it said was the first smartwatch capable of making and receiving calls without a mobile phone nearby. What has it been branded as?
32. Which company has agreed to pay $145 million to Linc Energy to buy out the Australian firm's rights to future royalties from its huge but delayed Carmichael coal project?
33. Textiles firm Suditi Industries has bagged the India rights to make and sell official apparels of which football club?
34. Which former South African cricketer has entered the tourism space in collaboration with Cape Africa Tours, South Africa?
35. Which well known noodles brand is repositioning itself as a healthy breakfast option with the launch of "Oats Noodles"?
36. Who is China’s richest person, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
37. World's largest liquor maker Diageo has launched which new vodka brand in India?
38. Which brand has launched a television commercial titled ‘Baat Hain Khushi Ki’ to portray ghee as a contemporary and important ingredient in any celebration?
39. Which organic tea brand from the UK has announced its entry in the Indian market?
40. Which new user milestone has WhatsApp crossed recently?
41. Diamond city Surat is set to get the world's second Reebok Fitness Studio soon. Which city hosts the first?
42. Which business group has launched a campaign, ‘Proud Fathers for Daughters’, featuring celebrities and their daughters?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 544 as the subject.