Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week May 27 - June 01. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which England-based Chinese food chain plans to invest £25 million (over Rs 210 crore) in India over the next five years?
2. COO Varun Berry will lead the Indian operations of which FMCG major?
3. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Canada’s largest drug maker, agreed to buy which eye-care company owned by Warburg Pincus, for about $8.7 billion in cash and loans to repay debt?
4. Dabur India has expanded its packaged food business by launching fruit juice-based drinking yoghurt under which brand?
5. Which MNC looks set to become the first foreign company to invest in multi-brand retail by buying a 49% stake in Cedar Support Service in September for Rs 455.8 crore?
6. Takashi Kikuchi has been appointed the India managing director for which automobile MNC?
7. US-based auto component maker Johnson Controls has bought out which Indian partner from their joint venture for an undisclosed sum?
8. Which Indian software company and Dion Global Solutions said they would offer software solutions to assist financial institutions in Australia and New Zealand?
9. The CESC board has appointed which business personality as the chairman of the company?
10. Which nation has probably surpassed Japan to become the world’s third-largest economy after the US and China, according to Paris-based think-tank OECD?
11. Which business group has just bagged the Bangalore franchise for a new team in the I-League, the premier division league run by the All India Football Federation (AIFF)?
12. Which tyre company has sold part of its South African operations to Japanese trading firm Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI) for $60 million (Rs 333 crore)?
13. Union Bancaire Privee (UBP) is buying which UK-based banking group’s international private banking arm?
14. Which Indian e-commerce firm is pulling the plug on its digital music store, nearly a year after the platform was set up and close to six months after Apple’s music store iTunes entered the Indian market?
15. Which 4 Indian business leaders figure in this year's Forbes philanthropy list of Asia-Pacific's most remarkable "givers"?
16. Bobby Pawar, JWT India’s former managing partner & chief creative officer, has joined which agency as director & chief creative officer, South Asia?
17. Which Indian company has bought Missouri-headquartered Wainwright Industries, an end-to-end supply chain provider, for Rs 50 crore?
18. Mercedes- Benz has launched its much awaited compact luxury car in India. Name the brand?
19. US-based Indian business tycoon Deepak Narula has purchased which celebrity’s New York penthouse?
20. Which city has edged out London as the world's most popular air travel destination, according to a ranking by the MasterCard Index of Global Destination Cities?
21. Which online portal has acquired Shopo.in, an online marketplace for Indian handcraft products?
22. Which automobile company has entered into a multi-year marketing tie-up with iconic beer brand High Life?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 479 as the subject.