Biz Quizzard is now on Twitter with a new series, Question For The Day (#QFTD). A question, sourced from the day's newspaper reports, is tweeted each weekday and the answer is also tweeted the same day. These questions will not be featured in the weekly quiz. To check out the earlier tweets, visit
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week April 29 - May 04. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Spain’s Inditex Group, one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, has filed a revised application to bring which upscale fashion brand to India through a 51:49 joint venture with the Tata Group?
2. Ravi Deshpande has decided to quit as chairman and CCO of which advertising agency?
3. The world’s top selling spirits brand is entering Indian market through a bottling and distribution deal with local alcoholic beverage firm Advent Brand House. Name the brand?
4. Noida-based Vertant Media has launched the country’s first matrimonial television channel. What has it been branded as?
5. Which celebrity has been signed on as the brand ambassador for Colgate Visible White toothpaste?
6. Ram Kapoor and Vidya Malvade feature in the television commercial for which hair care brand?
7. Which IT company has tied up with New York-based IPsoft for a better play in infrastructure management?
8. Which company has acquired a 70% stake in Bangalore-based Nikkos Logistics?
9. Which Indian company has joined hands with Ramot at Tel Aviv University Ltd, the university's tech transfer company, to fund and generate leading edge commercialisation ready technologies?
10. Which celebrity is the new face for 2013 for Vogue Eyewear, thus becoming the first Indian face of the brand in India?
11. Rasna has entered the ready-to-drink beverages segment by launching juices under which brand?
12. Which company is teaming up with a young technology firm, Sedemac Mechatronics, to reduce fuel consumption in telecom towers across the country?
13. Which MNC has offered to pay $5.4 billion (over Rs 29,000 crore) to increase its stake in its Indian unit to 75% from 52.48% at present?
14. India has slipped to the second position in Nielsen’s global consumer confidence index for the first quarter of 2013. Which country has topped the index?
15. Maybelline has roped in which actress as its brand ambassador?
16. Which hospitality major is all set to bring its ultra luxe brand Waldorf Astoria to India?
17. Which telecom company has announced the appointment of Yogesh Malik as the firm's CEO?
18. Sunil Lalvani has been elevated as the managing director of the India operations of which MNC?
19. Which Hyderabad-based IT firm, has acquired certain assets of the US firm WaveMaker owned by VMware for an undisclosed amount?
20. Which celebrity is featured in the latest commercial (currently on air) for Taj Mahal Tea?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 475 as the subject.