Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week November 14 - 19. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC group’s yacht making firm Princess has announced its formal entry into India and is aiming to sell up to five luxury boats in the next year?
2. ITC Hotels has rebranded the 140-key Chola Sheraton property in Chennai. What is it now known as?
3. Which well known chain in India has launched its international brand Espression in the country?
4. Experimenter gallery in Kolkata’s Gariahat area is playing host to an exhibition called “Two Stages of Invention” by artists collective CAMP (Critical Art & Media Practices). The exhibition is based on which event/ expose that had raised a furore in the nation? (this is still a business quiz)
5. Which well known Ayurveda consumer products company is celebrating its diamond jubilee year?
6. Business and numerology. Which bank launched 11 new branches on 11.11.11?
7. Which company is advertising its iTube TV (television commercial currently on air)?
8. Which company, in partnership with The Times of India, has created a new Guinness World Record for “most blood glucose level tests conducted within eight hours”?
9. Which automobile MNC has appointed Lowell Paddock as president and managing director of its India operations, effective January 1, 2012?
10. The daughter of which celebrity couple has joined US network NBC News as a special correspondent?
11. The promoters of which well known business group have formed a joint venture with global investment banking firm Espirito Santo Investment Bank (ESIB) for equity research brokerage businesses in India?
12. The board of directors of which MNC bank has confirmed Sergio Ermotti as chief executive officer, less than two months after he replaced Oswald Gruebel on an interim basis?
13. Which bank has unveiled ‘breeze banking’ services in India to allow clients to customise banking services using the internet, smartphone technology and social media?
14. In which city has LinkedIn Corp opened a research and development center, the professional social-networking site's first such office outside North America?
15. Which company will acquire heritage Swiss watch brand Favre Leuba for euro 2 million?
16. Percept/H has launched a campaign ‘Jawab hum denge’ for which client?
17. Which brand last week grabbed global attention with its new campaign “Unhate”, a series of six images showing world leaders, including Obama and Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, in a mouth-to-mouth kiss?
18. Which company last week launched its mid-sized sedan, Rapid in India?
19. Belgium has conferred the “Commandeur of the Order of Leopold II”, one of the country’s highest civilian distinctions, on which Indian business personality?
20. Purti sugar mills plans to increase crushing capacity of its three sugar mills by 2,000 tonnes crushed per day (tcd) to 8,500 tcd next year. The company is led by which well known political personality?
21. Which business group has formed a joint venture with Telephonics, a unit of US-based diversified Griffon Corporation, to provide surveillance and communication devices to the Indian defence sector as well as for civilian use?
22. Which actor is featured in the print ad for Franco Leone shoes?
23. Which pharmaceutical firm will acquire Japan’s I’rom Pharmaceutical Co for an undisclosed sum as it looks to expand footprint in the country?
24. Which well known retail chain is going for an image makeover with a new logo and tagline ‘Naye India ka Bazaar’?
25. Online retailer Exclusively.in has launched shersingh.com, a contemporary range of apparel for men and women, with which cricketer as brand ambassador and investor?
26. The British government’s treasury department has decided to sell state-owned Northern Rock bank to which well known business group for £747 million?
27. Mountain Dew, Kurkure, Coke and Kinley have crossed what milestone this year?
28. Which company has launched a new jewellery brand, Mia, targeted at working women?
29. Who has been named '2011 Businessperson of the Year' by Fortune magazine?
30. Which company has acquired the rights to the Chetan Bhagat’s Revolution 2020, to be made in to a major motion picture?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 399 as the subject.
Post a Comment