Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week August 01 - 06. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which MNC, facing a growing threat of intellectual-property lawsuits, has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM?
2. Which IT services provider has acquired the US-based insurance solution provider Wyde Corp?
3. Which business personality has joined the International Advisory Council of Singapore?
4. Which pharma major has agreed to sell its nutrition business to French food multinational Danone for about $356 million (Rs 1,576 crore)?
5. Which company has overtaken its closest rival Wipro in terms of revenues to become the third largest IT services player in India?
6. Which Hong Kong tycoon has agreed to buy British utility Northumbrian Water Group for £2.4 billion ($3.9 billion) in the biggest takeover this year of a British-listed company?
7. Which company has entered the carbonated fruit-based drinks market with its ‘Burrst Fizz’ brand?
8. Which MNC last week unveiled Sunny, its premium mid-size sedan offering for India?
9. Which MNC will spend Rs 2,000 crore to take complete control of the Mumbai-based UTV Software Communications?
10. Which MNC last week announced the launch of its 'Fat Boy Special' model in India?
11. Which BPO company has announced the acquisition of Canada-based On-Line Support, a customer relationship management company, for C$74.85 million (Rs 345.8 crore)?
12. Facebook’s director of marketing, Ms Randi, has announced her resignation from the social network site and is planning to start her own company. What is her other relationship with the company?
13. Which MNC has bought the daily deal aggregator ‘The Dealmap’, expanding further into a potentially lucrative daily deals market now dominated by the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial?
14. Which celebrity has signed a deal with Universal Music and Desi Hits!, a fusion entertainment platform, to record and release her first music album?
15. Which actress has been signed on as the face of Lakmé ABSOLUTE, a new makeup range to be unveiled at LFW?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 384 as the subject.
Post a Comment