Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week May 23 - 28. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which business group is entering the elite gourmet retailing segment with its all-new format, Foodhall?
2. Which Bollywood actor wants to try his hand at designing and will be creating his new range in association with ‘Denizen’, a brand newly launched by Levi Strauss?
3. Which MNC last week launched its luxury sedan Fluence in India?
4. Economist Rajiv Kumar has taken over as the Secretary General of which industry body?
5. Which business group marked its foray into the infrastructure space with the acquisition of Kolkata-based Aircon Engineering Services?
6. Which television channel is the latest entrant into the rapidly growing but niche café and bars space in India?
7. Which MNC has agreed to buy Prometheus Laboratories Inc., a maker of treatments for cancer and gastrointestinal illness?
8. Which MNC last week unveiled the latest version of its phone operating system, code-named Mango?
9. Which iconic automobile brand was officially launched in India last week with the starting of its first dealership?
10. Which global electronics major has been granted a non-banking lender licence (NBFC) by Reserve Bank of India?
11. Which company last week said it had acquired US-based firm QEI Inc for about $30 million (around Rs 135 crore)?
12. Which Indian business personality was invited to the first-ever meet on the internet to be held under the purview of Group of Eight (G-8) industrialised nations in France?
13. Which MNC will acquire over-the-counter Russian brands of Mumbai-based JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals (JBCPL) for about $260 million?
14. Labelux, the privately held group that owns Bally, has agreed to buy which well known international luxury footwear and accessories brand for more than 500 million pounds?
15. Which two Indian broadcasters are merging their distribution businesses and are floating a new distribution company, Media Pro Enterprise India Pvt. Ltd.?
16. Which brand has created a Guinness World Record by creating the world's largest umbrella mosaic?
17. Which international celebrity is about to announce a new partnership with Jeff Rubin to develop a new brand of candy and sweets called Sugarpova?
18. Google last week unveiled its Pay-By-Phone System, taking US shoppers a step closer to paying by waving their mobile phones at the checkout counter. What has it been branded as?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to email@example.com with Biz Quizzard 374 as the subject.
Biz Quizzard is a weekly current affairs business quiz based on the the events of the week gone by, and compiled from various sources. It was earlier co-posted on Quinkie, an online quiz group dedicated to business quizzes. With the first edition posted in March 2004, Biz Quizzard has not missed a single week till date and has been featured in the Limca Book of Records 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2020 editions for this achievement.
Want us to conduct a quiz at your office or college? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any kind of quiz - business, general, sports & more! We also provide well-researched content that is Educative, Innovative & Entertaining.
May 29, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment