1. The government has approved how many new toy manufacturing clusters at a cost of Rs 2,300 crore to boost India’s traditional toys industry?
2. Which company has slapped a legal notice on a tiny upstart, Daily Basket, over the use of the term ‘basket’ in the Coimbatore-based e-grocer’s brand name?
3. Bitcoin’s market value touched which milestone mark, a surge that’s helping cryptocurrency returns far outstrip the performance of more traditional assets like stocks and gold?
4. The Business Standard Annual Awards 2020 winners were announced last week. Who has won the Lifetime Achievement award?
5. Which dairy company has claimed to have become India’s largest exclusive brand retail network with 3,600 outlets?
6. Toshihiro Mibe will be the new CEO of which automobile MNC?
7. Which customisable mattress brand has launched the digital campaign ‘#EqualChoice’ that encourages women to be vocal about their needs and comfort and choose accordingly?
8. Which cosmetics brand has launched the campaign 'O Beauty Beauty'?
9. Which on-demand two-wheeler rental service has laid off 40-60% of staff, as the demand for mobility remains subdued 11 months after initial lockdowns?
10. Which company is set to launch a Global Chess League and has also roped in Indian chess grandmaster Viswanathan Anand as mentor and partner?
11. Which SUV will be the costliest passenger vehicle to date to sport the Tata badge?
12. Which group has appointed former Star Sports president and CEO Gautam Thakar as the global CEO of its pre-owned cars marketplace?
13. Which Indian auto components maker, owned by private equity fund Blackstone Group, is set to raise about Rs 6,000 crore ($825 million) through an initial public offering?
14. Which bank from India has tied up with JPMorgan to use the US bank’s blockchain technology to speed up overseas transactions?
15. Which AI-led fashion intelligence start-up is expanding to the UK, Australia and New Zealand and has appointed Gautam Kotamraju as its Country Head – United Kingdom?
16. Which Timex Group brand has launched its first smartwatch in India?
17. Which pharma company’s Swiss subsidiary has received marketing approval from the Russian health regulator for its nasal spray Ryaltris?
18. Which live learning platform has acquired Instasolv, a doubt solving app for students, its first acquisition in the edtech space?
19. Which business group has appointed former civil servant KP Krishnan as the chairman of the board of its holding company for the financial services and insurance entities?
20. Which celebrity has entered into a multi-layer partnership with online education technology company Unacademy to pick up a small stake in the platform and become its brand ambassador?
21. Which power company last week announced the appointment of former Coal India head Anil Kumar Jha as its chairman?
22. Which tyre company has agreed to buy Cooper Tire & Rubber for about $2.8 billion?
23. Which company has launched its first-ever pan-India digital and print ad campaign titled ‘Solaroof’- ‘Kamai Badhaye Dildaar Banaye’?
24. Which online direct selling company has launched vintage Swiss watch brand Mugnier, of king Napolean’s fame, in India?
25. Which premium soda water brand has launched its first digital commercial in India featuring a double wedding, bringing together the brand’s Scottish heritage with the traditions of India?
26. Which air conditioning company has rolled out a new campaign titled ‘It’s Time to Upgrade Your Air’?
27. Which the ed-tech company has launched a new video campaign titled ‘Kal Ke Liye Kabil’?
28. Which toothpaste brand has launched the campaign ‘#LoveNeedsLove’ on Instagram?
29. Which Indian manufacturer and retailer of innerwear, loungewear and socks has elevated VS Ganesh as executive director and chief executive officer for a period of 5 years, effective June 1?
30. Which company has inked a pact with global aerospace and technology firm Paramount Group to manufacture armoured vehicles in India?
31. Which non-banking finance company has announced the appointment of Shantanu Mitra as its new chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) with effect from April 2, 2021?
32. Which company last week said it will sell its fertiliser plant and the associated businesses at Goa to Paradeep Phosphates (PPL) for an enterprise value of $280 million?
33. Rahul Khullar passed away last week. He was the former chairman of which regulatory body?
34. Which sports property’s organiser Mashal Sports has agreed to auction the tourney’s media rights at a base price of Rs 900 crore for five years?
35. Which company and global data centre EdgeConneX have signed an agreement to form a 50:50 joint venture to develop and operate data centres in India?
36. Which company will replace GAIL India in the benchmark Nifty 50 index with effect from March 31?
37. Which airline’s freighter division has launched its scheduled cargo services to Singapore, connecting Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chennai?
38. Which pharma company has inked a pact to acquire 26% stake each in 2 Hyderabad-based solar power generating firms, NVNR (Ramannapet I) Power Plant and NVNR (Ramannapet II) Power Plant?
39. In what is being claimed as a first-of-its-kind product in the country, which Kerala-based company has launched ready-to-use coconut paste under the brand name MM Originals?
40. According to a report, which MNC is set to partner ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Visa to create a national payments network to capitalise on India’s fast-growing digital payment ecosystem?
41. Which home pregnancy test kit brand has launched the campaign ‘#SheIsCompleteInHerself’ on the sensitive issue of infertility?
42. Which company has acquired Bengaluru-based AI solutions provider Cognirel Technologies for an undisclosed amount?
43. Which quick service restaurant (QSR) chain has launched a new campaign titled ‘Matched by You’ for its value combination offerings?
44. Which confectionery brand has launched a new campaign to take forward its fun and quirky positioning of Mood Ting Tong?
45. Which renewable energy company from India is going for a US listing through a reverse merger with the Nasdaq-listed blank-check firm RMG Acquisition Corporation II?
46. Which company has acquired a 33.5% stake in luxury apparel-to-jewellery company of fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani for Rs 67 crore, with an option to increase the stake to 51% in the next few years?
47. Which FMCG brand has launched the campaign ‘stop the beauty test’ to create awareness among consumers and not look at women as a commodity?
48. Which telecom company from India has entered the $10-billion digital advertising business, taking on the likes of Google and Facebook?
49. Which company has won the bid to acquire nearly 11 lakh demat accounts held by Karvy Stock Broking with assets under management of Rs 3.01 lakh crore?
50. Denim brand Levi’s last week said it has roped in which Indian celebrity as its global brand ambassador?
51. Which pure-play healthcare cloud company based in San Francisco with engineering centres in Noida, Chennai and Bengaluru has joined the Unicorn club after its latest funding round?
52. As part of its transition from fossil-fuels to a multi-source, clean energy play, which PSU plans to up two mega bio-refineries in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?
53. Which PSU is setting up a joint venture with Israeli startup Phinergy to manufacture aluminium-air batteries for electric vehicles in India?
54. Which technology giant and Bosch have partnered to build a vehicle platform to streamline and accelerate development and deployment of vehicle software for cars?
55. Which pharma company’s US arm and Cyprium Therapeutics Inc have inked a development and asset purchase agreement for latter's Copper Histidinate product candidate?
56. Which paint brand has launched the campaign ‘Expert Ka Promise’ for its assurance program that assures perfect colour, uniform finish and coverage stated, else the paint will be replaced?
57. Which mobile satellite communications major has appointed former Nokia CEO Rajeev Suri as its new CEO from March 1, 2021?
58. Digital content creator Ranveer Allahbadia (aka BeerBiceps) is all set to turn investor by investing in which LA-based beauty brand founded by entrepreneur Shalini Vadhera?
59. Which spice brand has launched a year-long campaign titled ‘Umeedon Ka Saal’?
60. Which MNC’s 91-year-old chairman is stepping down after leading the automaker for longer than anyone else in the industry?
61. Home grown private equity fund Everstone Capital has sold which iconic bread brand to Mexico’s largest food and bakery company, Grupo Bimbo, in a deal worth Rs 700 crore?
62. Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) last week unveiled the name of its upcoming seven-seater premium sports utility vehicle. What has it been branded as?
63. Which rural fintech company has rolled out its first-ever mass brand campaign, featuring its brand ambassador and actor Sonu Sood?
64. Which hospitality brand has recently launched a new 360-degree campaign titled - ‘We Cover India, You Discover India.’?
65. Which home furnishing brand has launched a new integrated campaign in India as a part of its creative platform - ‘Home is where it all begins’?
66. Which US brewer will sell its Indian unit to Singapore-headquartered Inbrew Holdings for a deal size estimated to be about Rs 1,000 crore?
67. According to a report last week, which FMCG major in India will achieve 100% plastic waste collection this calendar year?
68. MG Motor India has achieved which production milestone for Hector SUV at the company’s plant in Halol, Gujarat?
69. Which Mumbai-headquartered technology firm, a one stop marketplace for construction material, has joined the unicorn club after raising $100 million in a Series C round?
70. Which company has said it has become the first seed producer in the world with more than one lakh acres under seed production in a country?
71. In what is being described as one of the most expensive recalls in auto history, which MNC last week recalled almost 82,000 electric cars and buses?
72. Which diamond jewellery brand has announced a new category to its portfolio by introducing 'Desired' collection, and has roped in actress Disha Patani as the brand ambassador?
73. Which property website has rolled out a new digital film titled ‘Is Plot Main Twist Hai’?
74. Which personal mosquito repellent brand has launched a new digital campaign ‘#SocialDistancingFromMosquitoes’?
75. Which quick service restaurant (QSR) chain has launched a new campaign for its range of Value Burgers, starring actor Anil Kapoor?
76. Emami has roped in which actor as the brand ambassador for its new launches BoroPlus Soaps and Hand Washes?
77. Which MNC, which provides services and digital products related to governance, risk and transparency, has announced plans to transition the company name to Kroll?
78. Which company has partnered Google and Facebook to set up a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) that will allow them to create a payment network similar to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI)?
79. Which online food delivery platform is in the process of folding up its office catering business, as the pandemic has forced most employees to stay away from work?
80. Which business group has taken over State Bank of India's bid for a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) payments licence?
81. Which pharma company last week announced the launch of Brivaracetam tablets under brand BRECITA in India?
82. Which biscuit brand has launched a new campaign featuring actor Sonu Sood?
83. Which business group has launched a digital campaign titled ‘#TheGoodPaper’ to showcase its environment friendly range of copier paper?
84. Which fashion brand has launched the campaign ‘When you take a step, we all move’?
85. Which automobile company said it has partnered with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore to foster and encourage innovative startups in the country?
Please mail your answers before 12 noon next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 883 as the subject. Answers will be mailed to those who attempt the current edition within the given time.
Post a Comment