Sample question (Q 19, Biz Quizzard 492) : Titan Industries has unveiled its new name - Titan Company Ltd. – and a new logo. What is the logo called? Answer: Titan Star
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week October 06 - 11. Hope you enjoy it.
1. The Indian unit of Mondelez, maker of Cadbury chocolates and Oreo biscuits, has crossed which revenue milestone last fiscal?
2. Which company has agreed to buy CareFusion Corp. in a $12.2 billion deal designed to provide a full range of medical products to hospitals?
3. Which hospitality major has agreed to sell the landmark Waldorf Astoria hotel in Manhattan to China's Anbang Insurance Group for $1.95 billion?
4. Which company has appointed Rahul Keshav Patwardhan as CEO designate, who will take charge on April 1 next year?
5. Which city has emerged as the most desired place in the world to work, according to a report from The Boston Consulting Group that surveyed more than 200,000 people from 188 countries?
6. Which MNC is splitting itself into two companies, one focused on its personal computer and printing business and another on technology services, such as data storage, servers and software?
7. Which MNC has roped in Arun Malhotra, the former head of international sales at Mahindra & Mahindra, as managing director of its India entity?
8. Which sports personality has become the co-owner of Chennaiyin FC, one of the eight franchises of Indian Super League (ISL)?
9. DJB Infrastructures and Developers India is developing a hotel in Amritsar. What is its claim to fame?
10. Which company has entered into a binding bid to acquire 51% stake in Peugeot Motorcycles for Rs 216 crore?
11. Which jewellery company has unveiled a campaign titled ‘Naye Zamaane Ke Heere’?
12. Which jewellery major has launched a new campaign with the positioning ‘Chota Ho Ya Bada, Is Diwali Ko Sone Se Sajae’ to introduce its new ‘Festive Gold Collection’?
13. Fiat has launched a campaign with the positioning ‘live alive’ for which soon-to-be-launched brand?
14. Which IT major has acquired digital marketing company Cadient Group, which serves a broad spectrum of life sciences companies, for an estimated $30 million?
15. Kitchen appliances firm Kenstar has roped in which celebrity as its brand ambassador?
16. Which company, in association with Javed Akhtar, has launched what it claims to be the country's first-ever poetic literature-based interactive service?
17. Which smartphone brand has launched the second leg of its festive brand campaign ‘Hello India’?
18. Which MNC has elevated its India MD Zubair Ahmed as head of Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa operations of its proposed consumer-health joint venture with Novartis?
19. Which business group has announced its foray into the housing finance sector through its new venture - New Habitat Housing Finance and Development Ltd (NHHFDL)?
20. Which lubricants company has announced a partnership with Mahindra & Mahindra under which it will manufacture and supply ‘Mahindra Genuine Oil’?
21. Which visual browser last week entered India, aiming to make a mark in the burgeoning augmented reality market?
22. Which US varsity has named its first business school after Sunil Puri, an Indian American real estate tycoon in the Midwest?
23. Which advertising group, in association with Teach for India and Social Quotient, has initiated a community engagement program called ‘Green Batti’?
24. Which e-seller of fashion jewellery and accessories for men, women and kids, has launched two TVCs – #windowshopping and #ridofromeos, both around the theme #AlwaysBeautiful?
25. Which brand is back with a new campaign, 'Pressure is Good', featuring cricketer Virat Kohli?
26. Which German architectural and furniture hardware provider has entered the kitchen appliances category in India with the `Nagold' range?
27. Which MNC has forayed into the imaging business with the unveiling of its small handheld camera - RE - in New York?
28. Who has topped Forbes' list of the world's most valuable athlete brands?
29. Which e-commerce site is kicking off a global campaign that aims to brands itself as a place to 'shop the world'?
30. Which brand has emerged as the world's most valuable brand, according to the Interbrand Best Global Brands annual report?
31. Japanese scientists Isamu Akasaki and Hiroshi Amano and American Shuji Nakamura won the 2014 Nobel Prize for Physics for which invention?
32. On the occasion of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which brand has launched a video named ‘BraCam’?
33. How many Indians have been named by Fortune in its list of the 40 most powerful, influential and important people in business under the age of 40?
34. Which hotel from the Taj Group released a special private label red wine with wine maker Fratelli & a special exclusive label champagne with Drappier to mark its 25th anniversary on October 10?
35. Which online giant may soon open its first physical store, at a prime site in Midtown Manhattan?
36. Which brand is being touted as 'The World's Best Selfie Phone'?
37. Which company has launched India’s first ebook selling and lending portal in vernacular languages?
38. Art Peck will be the new chairman and CEO of which MNC retailer from February 1, 2015?
39. A new global Tamil news channel is all set to be launched later this month. What has it been branded as?
40. Lisa Su has become the first woman CEO of which MNC?
Please mail your answers on or before next Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org with Biz Quizzard 550 as the subject.