February 26, 2007
Biz Quizzard 153
Presenting the current affairs quiz for the week February 19-24. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Which celebrity has been roped in by Tata Sky for its new marketing campaign for the World Cup?
2. Which MNC last week launched Minute Maid Pulpy Orange in Hyderabad?
3. Which Chennai-based company last week acquired a majority stake in eSys Technologies, the Singapore-based distributor of hard drives and PC manufacturer for $105 million?
4. The board of Hindustan Lever (HLL) last week proposed a name change for the company. What will the company be now called?
5. Which business group, according to a report last week, has signed an agreement with the Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy in Bangalore to be its main sponsor?
6. Which MNC has picked up a 51% stake for $5 million in FrameFlow, a three-year-old animation and visual effects company with production operations based in Chennai?
7. The Economic Times last week launched its first vernacular edition. In which language was the edition launched?
8. UTV Motion Pictures has roped in which MNC as a sponsor for its movie Hattrick, based on cricket and slated for release on March 9?
9. American giant Morgan Stanley last week ended its decade old partnership with which company to strike out on its own in the rapidly growing Indian financial services industry?
10. Which beverage brand last week launched a premium variant sub-branded Sorbet?
11. The IPO for Page Industries Ltd opened last week. The company is the exclusive Indian licensee for which international clothing brand?
12. Actress Preity Zinta will be the face for which deodorant brand?
13. Which consumer durable MNC recently launched its fully loaded semi-automatic washing machine 'Sparkle' in India?
14. I am sure all of you have seen the promos of Reema Kagti's directorial debut Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. The movie is about 6 couples on a honeymoon trip in a pink bus. Name the brand of the bus?
15. Which company is the title sponsor for the Brand Equity Quiz 2007?
Please mail your answers to email@example.com with Biz quizzard 153 as the subject.